The 2015 VEE GEE AYYYYYYS

Post by Timbrewolf » #138097

Witcher 3 GOTY
CD Projekt Red dev of the year
Metal Gear Solid V action adventure game of the year
Witcher 3 RPG of the year
Some random indie game for indie game of the year
Some random indie game actress for performance of the year
Some random dude for "Trending Gamer" award? What the fuck even?
Team Optic for "Professional Gaming Team" award? What the fuck even?
Some other stuff for some other stuff.
Satoru Iwata for most important dude to die this year. Pearl Jam for best music to be an important dude and have played when they pour out a 40 for you of the year.
Konami getting publicly called out by Keighley for being shitters for barring Kojima from appearing at the show and accepting the award for MGSV.
Tim Schafer shill of the century for announcing Psychonauts 2 and then pointing towards a crowd-funding campaign to raise 3.3 million dollars holy fuck not this shit again.

Discuss
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Re: The 2015 VEE GEE AYYYYYYS

Post by invisty » #138099

Fucking cringeworthy.

It's about as vapid as hollywood and is about as unbiased as IGN.

Psychonauts 2 looks cool.
Far Cry Primal will undoubtedly be too gamey for its setting to come across as anything but hilarious. It does look cool though.
Last edited by invisty on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mime: Depresso
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #138100

Which part?

Sarcasm aside I thought the mention of Satoru was pretty tasteful.

I could've done without the BUD LIGHT LEVEL UP YOUR GAMERS
The "Trending Gamers" nominees read like a melanoma biopsy: Now That's What I Call Cancer Vol 12.
-Pewdiepie
-Totalbiscuit
-Markiplier
-two literally whos
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #138101

An0n3 wrote:Which part?

Some of it was pretty tasteful. The award for westwood was well considered, but the way they mixed it in with shit like "trending streamers" and played various pop songs as if they had any relevance to gaming... yeah, it's like the MTVs in some parts.

Laughable: "WORLD PREMIERE" of console ports. It's not a new game, asswipes.
Mime: Depresso
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #138103

Yeah I didn't understand what the fuck I was even looking at. I was waiting for them to show something else and then the "premiere" ended.

Chris Roberts and Mark Hamill hanging out and shitting on Star Wars was pretty funny.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #138106

>Undertale won nothing

I quit videogames

I mean jesus car ball is fun but Undertale has it beat on everything except multiplayer

Also what the fuck, it's up there with a fucking hipster art game (Her Story) for best indie game and was beaten by Tumblr Simulator for most impacting

I'm a bit rustled about this
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #138108

Yeah how in the fuck did Undertale not win best indie game. What did win best indie anyways.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #138109

Fucking Rocket League beat it

The masterful experience that is Undertale

Was beaten by CAR BALL

CAR BALL
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #138111

car ball is a pretty good gam tbh desu senpai
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #138112

What the fuck Rocket League is made by nintendo how the fuck is that indie.

Edit : I mean it's a really good game, but how the heck is it Indie, that game literally had a budget of millions of dollars.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #138133

Its not hard to predict the outcome considering how niche Undertale actually is.

VGAs are still nothing more than just another marketing venue. They put so much hype into "reveals" and don't even give enough time to actually present all the awards.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #138135

MGSV doesn't deserve anything.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #138142

These awards are not for us, they are for the non gamers who watch and pay attention to the grammies and academy awards. The reason is to legitimize and promote gaming to the larger crowd.

I think it's fine that streamers, lets players and esports teams are included, because the whole point of this is to communicate to the people at large that these things even exist. It's not that important which people or teams are selected, just that some are.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #138177

An0n3 wrote: Some random indie game for indie game of the year
Not Undertale?
What game even won? Did someone sleep with the judges again?

Edit: Something thats not even an indie game. 10/10
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #138199

I prefer the /V/GAs, which actually know they're shit
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #138246

That's what I thought this thread was about before looking into it.

Also, lol at Undertale losing to car soccer
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #138269

An0n3 wrote:The "Trending Gamers" nominees read like a melanoma biopsy: Now That's What I Call Cancer Vol 12.
-Pewdiepie
-Totalbiscuit
-Markiplier
-two literally whos
Christ, stop dropping so many bombs, I only have so much space in my signature
Broomstick
Byond Username: Broomy

Post by Broomstick » #138273

I liked the part where Geoff Keighley put down Konami for not letting Kojima go to the VGAs.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #138300

So to digest all this nintendo is indie now?
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #138321

Spoiler:
I actually like watching Markiplier
He plays a lot of obscure indie games which I like.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #138322

He stopped playing Blank Dream or whatever after the one guy offed himself.
I'm awaiting the return of that before I start watching him again
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #138330

An0n3 wrote:Which part?

The "Trending Gamers" nominees read like a melanoma biopsy: Now That's What I Call Cancer Vol 12.
-Pewdiepie
-Totalbiscuit
-Markiplier
-two literally whos
its hillarious because totalbiscuit is literally so cancer that he's dying AND his stepson has a tumor
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Post by Danowar » #138346

I don't even know who Markiplier is, but some guy at SakuraCon asked me if I was dressed up as him...when I was cosplaying as Cormano from Sunset Riders.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #138351

I think his main fame is because he is loud and plays horror games with screamers in them

So pretty much just famous for the sake of famous
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #138368

You guys are so incredibly hipster in this thread, jesus...
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #138400

He started off with reaction videos for Amnesia iirc. He uploaded one of the first popular videos where he just freaked out.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #138452

I like Markiplier, the only streamer of that type I can stand
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #138459

I like a handful of overly expressive streamers. I however personally prefer the more chill and thoughtful streamers. Saying the overly expressive style isn't popular and that those who employ it aren't "trending" is however basically saying "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE" and turning into your own grandpa, who told you to stop playing video games and get to work. Yeah, yeah, you're getting old. There are generations coming after you who will like things you don't like - things you think are dumb. Deal with it.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #138466

nindietendo