Talk about video games here
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Re: Helldivers is back, on PC!

Post by Drynwyn » #145582

Bottom post of the previous page:

oh noice i has cool uniform now

we should do some more of this, it was and is a hell of a lot of fun
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #145583

Yes.

If anyone still needs strategems unlocked we should get that done.
I need research points and to kill some bosses still.
Couple other random achievements.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #192901

I talked with PAS and we're thinking about getting back in the drop pods.

Who else is in?
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #192902

me!
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #192903

I was just looking at this game like...last night and thinking "man it would be nice to play that some more with people". Crazy coincidence.

We should go for 100% completion as a group.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #193057

Lets do it! Tonight?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #193074

I'm in.
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #193076

If you guys need an extra person (Which there's already four of you though) I'm up for Helldivers. Anon and PaS have me on steam already, so just give me a shout later if you need the extra man.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #193079

Tonight!
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #193171

Helldivers: The Movie: The Game: The Sequel is set for filming.

EDIT: Fun times WERE HAD, I set PaS on fire, he drove my HAV under a resupply pod, everybody hates retaliatory strikes.

Nukes caused steam server to crash, true story.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #193227

Drynwyn wrote:I set PaS on fire
I like how you were like "Oh how did PAS die? Fire? Oh I guess the game just decided PAS should be on fire"
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #193283

>when you have enough time to watch Drynwyn turn and point his railgun right at you, say "Drynwyn watch out" and then still get one-shottie-too-hottie by him anyway
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #193419

Look, man, it has a laser sight, the "go prone" button and the movement stick is RIGHT THERE.
Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #193716

Laser sight is for scrubs though.
Gotta call down those shredder missiles on our location and nearly wipe out the surviving team members LIKE A PRO.

(We should totally play again some point soon)
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #193717

I originally steam shared it from my little brother, but when i bought it for myself I lost all my DLC toys which was fucking horrid to deal with. If we are serious about playing this game again i will pick up the DLC
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #194086

Akkryls wrote:Laser sight is for scrubs though.
Gotta call down those shredder missiles on our location and nearly wipe out the surviving team members LIKE A PRO.

(We should totally play again some point soon)
Laser sight is for scrubs UNLESS you are using the Rail Cannon (or I guess the Camper). On those it's pretty essential because of the low fire-rate and inabilty to walk shots.

I have pulled off some amazeballs snap shots with the Rail Cannon. I have also attempted amazeballs snapshots and watched the rail cannon rounds go directly through another Helldiver. Whoops.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #194147

Public-Service Announcement:

If you don't run Cardio Accelerator you are bad at this game.
The only exceptions to this rule are:
A) On a snow planet you use All-Terrain Boots
B) During Retaliatory Strikes you can use a couple different things depending on role

I repeat, if you don't run Cardio Accelerator you are bad at this game.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #194161

don't you ever talk to me or my son rail cannon again
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #194212

Or don't, whatever. Honestly part of the FUN of playing with you guys is you all make the game so much more fucking difficult. Adding any of you guys to the team makes our success rating plummet, my death toll skyrocket, and though I might sound pissed off I'm actually laughing deep down.

Just...really really deep down.

Helldiver House Rules:
No Turrets For Anyone
PAS is never allowed to drive anything
PAS is limited to only one(1) deployable mech and if they can't treat it nicely then they obviously didn't appreciate it enough
Drynwyn is not allowed to fire any explosive weapons
Drynwyn is not allowed to fire any weapon that over-penetrates
Akrylls is not allowed to drop "Victory Nukes"
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #194216

I can still fire the Scorcher. It fires plasma balls, which aren't technically explosive, because it's a release of stored energy from heat and compression- no combustion reaction occurs.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #194217

I remember watching you insist "But it's okay when I use it with a shield" and then blowing yourself up with it anyway.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #194271

Personally I find the Priority Stratagem more useful in general purely because when teams eventually do fuck up, I can get that reinforcement beacon off more often.
Though snow planets, totally agree. All terrain boots or GTFO.

And awww. My victory nukes are the best, especially when they nearly fail the mission.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #194341

An0n3 wrote:Or don't, whatever. Honestly part of the FUN of playing with you guys is you all make the game so much more fucking difficult. Adding any of you guys to the team makes our success rating plummet, my death toll skyrocket, and though I might sound pissed off I'm actually laughing deep down.

Just...really really deep down.

Helldiver House Rules:
No Turrets For Anyone
PAS is never allowed to drive anything
PAS is limited to only one(1) deployable mech and if they can't treat it nicely then they obviously didn't appreciate it enough
Drynwyn is not allowed to fire any explosive weapons
Drynwyn is not allowed to fire any weapon that over-penetrates
Akrylls is not allowed to drop "Victory Nukes"
I feel like this is our motto that we completely ignore because YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAAAWWWW!
(seriously its one of the few games I can actually laugh at dying)
Akkryls wrote:Personally I find the Priority Stratagem more useful in general purely because when teams eventually do fuck up, I can get that reinforcement beacon off more often.
Though snow planets, totally agree. All terrain boots or GTFO.

And awww. My victory nukes are the best, especially when they nearly fail the mission.
"Should we tell him a nukes on its way? Na....He's fine... right? RIGHT?"
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #194421

They need to release some mod tools for this game

I'd love some pvp with base building mechanics
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #194423

From what I've heard they won't really be doing anything with this other than releasing DLC and fixing bugs.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #194424

Yeah that pisses me off because the progression is boring after level 20 and the game basically ends

The procedural generation means all the maps look the same and there's a lot of really annoying/shit objectives and the game is still really easy to cheese with the DLC stuff that make helldive a total joke
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #194426

I think that the collaborative warfront idea was great and should be a part of other games, so hopefully Helldivers contributes more to the industry than just itself as a game.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #194656

The only part of the game that could use fixing IMO are the retaliatory strikes. They need to be more tower-defense-y so you can actually make sense of them instead of needing to cheese them to win.

If there was at least some part of the map that was a guaranteed no-spawn-zone for enemies or (even better) if there was dedicated inlet for enemies to pour in through it would help a lot with strategy and positioning deployables.

As is it's a total shitshow, you can put manned turrets and barbed wire type stuff down (the shit that seems designed exactly for these missions) but enemies will crawl up out of the ground from right underneath you, teleport in right on top of you, or drop in from directly above you. So there's no point, you can't defend an area from guys when they can just appear on you and rip your shit to pieces.

The best strategies I've found for winning involve using some kind of vehicle for bait and then piling tesla towers around them, standing back and repping them while trying to dodge enemies or lure them into the trap.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #194708

Yeah even D.O.W which had a similar kinda thing with the wave attacks and heros at LEAST had 4 marked out areas where the enemy would come from, even then they were hard as hell. Having something spawn right behind you just feels really frustrating and doesnt make for a fun gaming experience.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #194710

Last Stand in DoW was fucking great but it was also incredibly hard. I can't imagine how awful it would be if shit just dropped right on you to spawn.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #212537

We've been playing this again quite a bit. I've been playing it especially hard, determined to finally 100% this gem.

If you were on the fence about it before, you'll be able to get in some games with your awful internet pals over at /tg/station again.
The community is still pretty active, there're still about a thousand or so people playing it at all times so if you just want to jump in with randos that's a thing too.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #212550

I might grab it

It didn't look very interesting to me but if there's going to be group teamwork then I'm all for that
DLC and a 20 bux pricetag is kind of a turnoff though
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #212556

>Skorvold and I dropping in on a difficulty 11 cyborg planet
>No Distractor Beacons
>Rocket Team
>Railgun + Assault Rifle duo
>Turrets, landmines, airstrikes, ammo drops
>110% pure white-knuckle PTSD action jesus fuck I forgot how insane these game gets after so long cheezing with distractors

[youtube]xcjra_bUwvQ[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #212559

I can't fucking sleep because of all the goddamn adrenaline after that mission holy fuck.

Quick DLC buying guide if you're interested:

Ranger pack gives you really cool looking armor and the UAV which is really good for farming research and finding unknown objectives. I almost always use this, though, so if you're playing with me you wont need it.
Terrain Specialist pack gives you the All-Terrain Boots which are SUPER useful for tundra planets. You can kinda make do with a jump pack instead but ATB takes up your perk so you don't have to sacrifice a strategem for it.
Commando pack gives you the Commando, which is a really awesome rocket launcher for anti-tank and crowd control stuff. It does both really well. Has 8 rockets which is enough to kill two IFV's in one reload...which is pretty OP.
Specialist pack gives you the Sickle, which is arguably the best gun in the whole game.
Hazard Ops pack gives you the Toxic chem-sprayer which is insane against bugs. Can solo Helldive ret strikes with that thing.

The rest is mostly just fun stuff

Some people swear by the entrenched pack because it has both the anti-personnel barrier (barbed wire) and the AT gun emplacement (a turret you can hop on and shoot stuff with). Some ret strike strategies use both of these.
The Demolitionist pack is FUN because it has a machinegun you can wield as your primary weapon and also the C4 charges which I've heard some people who are better than me swear by as well.

Except for the pistol pack which is completely useless. Buy it only if you're a completionist who wants everything.

FWIW though you can use just the stuff included with the game and beat everything just fine. Distractor beacons O-fucking-P. Shredder strikes all day everyday. The Breaker Shotgun, Railgun, and Justice rifle are all great.
A big part of the FUN is discovering all the crazy ass shit you can call in and deploy, though, so if you can spring for it just dropping $40 all at once for the game + all the extras isn't a bad idea. If you decide later you want it all you can still buy a bundle that's all the add-ons for $25.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #212566

Ten out of ten mission.Got a good laugh when we both went "Negative!" at the civilians.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #212767

Where can I get this. I'm at work.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #212798

I lost my shit when you said "I'll do whatever it takes to get out of this jungle."

It was just perfectly timed. We saw so much shit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #212799

Caved in and bought it. I also got the pilot pack since I had like $3 in my steam wallet from trading cards
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #212825

When's this game gonna get some damn updates and replayability or PVP
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #212834

Have you ever played with PAS while he is driving a car? That is basically pvp
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #212835

The game changes so much depending on who you play it with, if you want replayability I recommend just diving into pub matches and fighting to survive.

Or like Wyzack said. Get on a team with PAS, Jacough, and Stickymayhem. OH GOD ALL THESE INCIDENTALS.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #212838

Hey guys. I heard you liked accidentals.
Arc throwers and shredder missiles ahoy.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #212842

Pas managed to run over 3 divers and then themself yesterday. It was a work of art
Last edited by Wyzack on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #212848

Wyzack wrote:Pas managed to run over 3 divers and then themself yesterday. It was a work of art
I take clumsiness to a new level. Think of me as the handicap that talks back!
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #212877

Played with anone and co last night. I ended up joining late and as soon as I spawned in my pod came crashing down on one of the guys. Whoops
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #212903

We smashed a few city missions today. I finally hit 25, now I just need to rack up some more research points and I'll have "completed" the game.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #212923

Still debating, but I probably need more convincing.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #212980

An0n3 wrote:The game changes so much depending on who you play it with, if you want replayability I recommend just diving into pub matches and fighting to survive.

Or like Wyzack said. Get on a team with PAS, Jacough, and Stickymayhem. OH GOD ALL THESE INCIDENTALS.
>Not mentioning me in the Casualty Crew

It's like you WANT me to get the plasma gun out.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #212983

Oh Jesus dont give Drynwyn a railgun either...
>You appear to be between Drynwyn and an alien scumbag to kill
>The alien appears to be dead
>You also appear to be dead

;)
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #213032

An0n3 wrote:We smashed a few city missions today. I finally hit 25, now I just need to rack up some more research points and I'll have "completed" the game.
But anon, you haven't collected all the armour yet. You aren't finished!
All I want to reach is level 27, get the Volcanic set and I'm happy. That thing looks sweet.
Drynwyn wrote: >Not mentioning me in the Casualty Crew

It's like you WANT me to get the plasma gun out.
Man, have you used the arc weapons? I managed to frag Skorvold from the other end of the screen.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #213052

Yeah that armor looks sweet but the grind gets unreal at level 23+.

I have no fucking idea how people get to level 50 in this game.

Now that I've gotten here honest Im strongly considering just hitting that bitch with cheat engine because fuck that grind.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/foru ... post7.html

This looks like it could work though if people want to gear up and try it out.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: