Steam sale

Talk about video games here
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Steam sale

Post by LiamLime » #142288

So, uh... there's a Steam sale... And, uh... it's just a sale.

Call me crazy, but I really miss the dumb clicker game, that dumb coloured team thing game, featured and flash sales, etc. In the past, I was super excited to check the flash sales all the time and buy games because aa, they are so cheap, but only for 8 hours aaaaaaa... but this Steam sale is... just a sale... it's boring. And judging by my activity stream, other people seem to agree.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Re: Steam sale

Post by TheWiznard » #142294

I guess it's not as exciting as it used to be but I kinda like that now games are just one price the whole time, and not super duper low for 12 hours once and then back to 10% off.

speaking of sale, here is my loot so far
darksouls 2 scholars edition
spelunky
audiosurf 2
borderlands 2 goty
Spoiler:
darksouls 2 scholars edition
spelunky
audiosurf 2
borderlands 2 goty

6/2 = 3

half life 3 confirmed
Last edited by TheWiznard on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #142307

No flash sales is meh

But I guess that means my 16 hours sleep periods don't sleep through sales anymore either
Today's sales were lackluster
I mean, seriously. Bloons TD 5? Trials? Microsoft Flight sim?
Are there really no games out there that they have to put that up there? That's two flashgames and microsoft right there. And then there's a whole bunch of [insert franchise here] sales that are mostly just things people either already have, or give no shits about thanks to multiple sales on the same thing earlier
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #142315

Remember that the sales on the front page are just highlighted sales this time. No daily super sales. They probably figured that either people will wait for the last day anyway, or refund and rebuy their game if they buy it before it goes daily.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #142321

XSI wrote:But I guess that means my 16 hours sleep periods don't sleep through sales anymore either
> Didn't set alarm clocks at 3AM to check sales.

Scrub.
XSI

Post by XSI » #142329

I suppose that makes sense. No more daily sales or flash sales because people would just refund or wait for them

Yeah, makes sense. Saves everyone the hassle of "Do I wait for a daily or buy it now?"
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #142351

Gotta love being at the fucking airport and out of town all week while this is up.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #142352

You're gonna be at the fucking airport until the 4th? :o

If not, you have until the 4th to do your holiday video game shopping :D
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #142353

gonna repeat this one more time

There are no dailies. There are no flash sales. All sales will remain exactly the same until January 4th.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #142382

>tfw you already own everything
>no more excitement over the deals
>wishlist is just all impulse purchases at this point
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #142383

I know them feels. I used to get so hype over sale time
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #142387

the only game that interests me is Mad Max, but between Guilty Gear Xrd, FFXIV and a ton of end-of-semester deadlines for college I really don't have time for another game

at least the sales last until the 4th
Spoiler:
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #142389

All the sales this year seem pretty shit tbh
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
XSI

Post by XSI » #142390

Same
But from several months of the steam explore queue, I can tell that it's not just your hype dying, it's also a complete lack of quality of games these days
Flash games, RPGmaker games, and a whole lot of things that I wouldn't even expect to be played on newgrounds show up in there

There still are good games out there
But they are pretty limited in number
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #142391

Undertale is one of the highlighted games today, if you want to see what the fuss is all about

(tip: get the soundtrack bundle, even if you don't like the game you might appreciate the music)
Spoiler:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #142394

Is there anywhere I can just pick up the sound track with out the game?
I really enjoyed a lot of the music from it
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #142396

tedward1337 wrote:Is there anywhere I can just pick up the sound track with out the game?
I really enjoyed a lot of the music from it
https://tobyfox.bandcamp.com/album/undertale-soundtrack

a bunch of tracks are hidden on the bandcamp page but for good reason as they are spoiler-y as fuck
Spoiler:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #142398

Ouu lad
Thanks
Game Admin
Spoiler:
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #142817

And then Valve broke their own toy and scared the shit out of everyone. (A massive failure happened on their databases, and you could see the account of some random dude instead of your own)

I remember three years ago, when they even offerred every single game to one lucky account, and those nice flash sales. From then on, every single sale was steadily worse, and this is a new low.
This was an okayish year, so lack of games isn't an excuse, and gog gives a much larger incentive to do some good old impulsive purchases (such as free games instead of stinky trading cards), so the only thing I can think of is Valve trying to increase profits by keeping the deals low and hoping on hype
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #142927

Anyone played Running with rifles?
XSI

Post by XSI » #142934

I played that before
It's neat

Multiplayer is pretty shit thanks to latency and desynch though
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #143049

Everyone should get Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy so we can flip around the room and chop eachother to pieces with our flashlight telekinesis.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #143052

Tsaricide wrote:Anyone played Running with rifles?
I have, it's a pretty nice little time killer that I got a few hours out of. I haven't tried the multiplayer though
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #143053

An0n3 wrote:Everyone should get Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy so we can flip around the room and chop eachother to pieces with our flashlight telekinesis.
Ill pay it when I get back to my compete around the 3rd
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #143061

I picked up Door Kickers a couple of days ago and I'm really liking it so far. It's a top-down RTS/tactics game where you control a SWAT team and bust into places and flashbang people. I restart every twenty seconds or so because I get outflanked (the enemy AI is pretty clever and I'm a perfectionist), but it's oddly therapeutic for a RTS Rainbow 6 - working out the best approach to a situation (usually judicious use of flashbangs and SMGs) is kind of like solving a puzzle, except with more dynamic entries (read: 'hit the door with a really big hammer, then gun down everything in sight'). The best part is, it's about £3/$4.50.
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #143063

TheNightingale wrote:I picked up Door Kickers ...
If you enjoy that, I would also recommend Breach & Clear
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #143068

I'll have 400~ dollars of free dosh by the end of the event, what should I pick up?

I'm probably grabbing Just Cause 3 because I liked the first two.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #143073

Rainbow Six Siege has some co-op Terrorist Hunt shit I'd like to try with folks.

Not sure how excited I am for the TvT mode, but I got a free copy with my new GPU so fuck it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #143076

I played that one's beta
Uplay is absolute rubbish

But the game itself is entertaining at least
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #143091

I was gonna get the star was pack, but half the games in it are either uninteresting or no longer supported online so it worked out cheaper to buy the Jedi Knight collection and both KOTOR games seperately.
Considered Force Unleashed, not sure if it's any good but I've heard the main guy is just an irritating edgelord
XSI

Post by XSI » #143098

Force Unleashed...
Where have I heard that befo- OH! Right.

I got that one for my birthday when it came out. Physical boxed copy
It was so awful I returned it after less than an hour of play
Absolutely shit-tier console port, controls suck ass by default, QTEs for everything, every time, and the main character is a complete and total asshat which I ended up rooting against within the first few minutes of play

Luckily for you, steam does refunds these days. So if you don't mind spending the time you can give it a go. Just don't expect to get much out of it
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #143100

Ehh, I kinda liked the Force Unleashed games because it felt really good to kill shit with the force and lightsabers. Game is probably horribly dated by now and likely hasn't aged well at all. The protag was a total tool though.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #143106

Got From The Depths, Spec Ops: The Line and Arma 2.

Gave away Gunpoint and some other game about a clown that I don't quite remember.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #143107

I will probably end up getting Mad Max near the end of the sale but right now I'm too busy.

Winter break is no time to be busy but that's college for you
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #143463

capi duffman wrote:And then Valve broke their own toy and scared the shit out of everyone. (A massive failure happened on their databases, and you could see the account of some random dude instead of your own)

I remember three years ago, when they even offerred every single game to one lucky account, and those nice flash sales. From then on, every single sale was steadily worse, and this is a new low.
This was an okayish year, so lack of games isn't an excuse, and gog gives a much larger incentive to do some good old impulsive purchases (such as free games instead of stinky trading cards), so the only thing I can think of is Valve trying to increase profits by keeping the deals low and hoping on hype
Remember when the THQ megapack was released and went on sale?

Sooo many games for sooo little money.
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #143474

Got them all, some from launch
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #143475

Decided to also pick up Clandestine and buy it for a buddy.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #143495

XSI wrote:QTEs for everything, every time
oh god, I now have no regrets about not buying it

QTEs are not and never will be gameplay
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #143521

steam is so inherently shitty but it's omnipotent in the world of video games and nobody fucking cares

nice work steam thanks for the great sales (you piece of shit)
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
XSI

Post by XSI » #143532

DemonFiren wrote:Decided to also pick up Clandestine and buy it for a buddy.
Good choice
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #143542

Note To Self To Buy On Steam:

Farming Simulator 2015
Catacomb Kids (not even on sale fuck)
Lethal League
Gang Beasts
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #143543

An0n3 wrote:Note To Self To Buy On Steam:

Farming Simulator 2015
Catacomb Kids (not even on sale fuck)
Lethal League
Gang Beasts
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Farming simulator 10/10
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
M0nsoon
Byond Username: ShadowHunterOO

Post by M0nsoon » #143546

Ended up getting Guilty Gear, Elite Dangerous, Ass Creed BF and a couple putt putt games for nostalgia. (I also got Battlefront 3 but I doubt anyone outside me actually enjoys the game)

If anyone is down to help me git gud at GG or just shoot the shit in, space ships hit me up
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #143583

OH FUCK YO

The Complete Endless Legend collection is normally $60 but its on sale for $20 right now.
If you like Civ-styled games check it out.
It's fucking GOOD.

If you get it I will be up for playing multiplayer with you. Love that game.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #143612

So a buddy of mine gifted me Spacebase DF-9 without checking what it was like.

I feel like shit now.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #143613

Can't you refund it without telling him?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #143620

can't refund gifts I think

Spacebase DF-9 is a god damn fucking scam
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #143621

You can refund gifts if all parties agree, I've done this before.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #143622

There is a team actually working on updating spacebase DF-9, however it's not an "offical" patch, more fan based. They still update quite a bit however.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #143627

It could be worse, he could've gifted you space hulk.

Jesus Christ, just check the comments, you cannot even complete the tutorial.