The Perfect Nostalgia Thread

Talk about video games here
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

The Perfect Nostalgia Thread

Post by Docprofsmith » #142467

As you all know there's a steam sale going on, and it reminded me of some of the games of my past which I now own again and will undoubtedly play. But that's not the purpose of this thread. We're just gonna stand around and circlejerk one another while we all put in something along the lines of...

THE ONE DEFINITIVE GAME OF YOUR CHILDHOOD:

This is it for me. This is the height of it. I ended up getting it super cheap when I was like 7 and I'd play the shit out of it for hours on end for years until I got a new computer and it wouldn't run anymore. It had everything, but most importantly it had lightsabers.

Join me friends, share with me your nostalgic feelings while we embark on a journey to replay the highlights of our years gone by.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: The Perfect Nostalgia Thread

Post by ShadowDimentio » #142472

Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #142473

I had dark forces 1 bundled on a disk with Full Throttle but i was too young to get very far. Is the sequel any good?

The definitive game of my childhood might have actually been Sim Ant, friggin ant simulator. Game was so cash.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #142489

Fucking love the Jedi Knight games, I played the shit out of Jedi Academy
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #142492

one of the first games I ever really liked, and besides
Spoiler:
, it was one of the only games I really remember from childhood. now that I think about it, I still have my ps1 memory card with my orginal save files on it. I never actually beat the game and I remember specifically it was because I saved in a place where you can't back out and are forced into a battle and I was apparently super underleveled and even if you kill the only enemy he turns into a werewolf and I could never get past him.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #142525

I love this game so much, even though the boxart lied. Those big curves were never in the game, and it took Nadeo a few patches to add something similar to them (but not quite as they are depicted there).

It makes me happy to see that TrackMania is still alive and continues to be developed, although the newer environments just don't have that arcade feel from the original three.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #142532

dae rose tinted glasses???
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #142533

ColonicAcid wrote:dae rose tinted glasses???
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #142710

kotor 1
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #142760

Command & Conquer. That was my jam as a kid. I managed to beat the hardest covert operations missions on my own too.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #142762

I played a lot of Red Alert 2 as a kid, although i was pretty shit at it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #142909

In a way I'm kind of jealous that you could pick a single game and be like "This one. This is mine."

Too much shit changed too fast and I played too much of all of it to pick a single one as definitive of that whole era.

I remember the first time I played the first RPG's and was like "What the FUCK are all these numbers for? What am I even doing?" and hammering the button to talk to people wondering when they would say something different like maybe if I talked to them at different actual times of the real day when I was playing the game they might have something different to say.

Sitting around with my best bro after school trying to figure out what the fuck even is Dragon Quest and dying all the fucking time.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #142916

I can add perfect dark with my best bud from high school too. Fuck him and his laptop gun turrets.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #142922

I had a friend in high school I played Goldeneye with who was an unapologetic screen-looker.

No fucking shame.

If he killed you he would make a bee-line right for you as you spawned, wouldn't even gentleman's let you get a gun first.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #142935

Na jim was just ruthless. He was this Irish goofball that looked like a thick meatheaded Justin Timberlake. Sang like him. Son of a bitch had a singing voice you wouldn't believe. Coulda mAde money off it. Bunch of knucklehead wrestlin lovin south jersey boys with too much fucking time on our hands. He let me get a gun first cuz the dummy couldn't remember all the spawn points.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #142976

Battle tanx for the n64 tbh
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #142978

Getting an N64 with Donkey Kong 64 made me weep.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #143036

jet force gemini, buck bumble, perfect dark, goldeneye, banjo kazooie, dk64