Post by TechnoAlchemist » #200283

Bottom post of the previous page:

jesus christ
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Re: Starbound

Post by Ricotez » #200291

I stole a van from a group of human refugees

I don't really understand why they had a van unless there's a FTL drive hidden in it
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #200313

Knaive wrote:
Spoiler:
I built a giant statue to remind my villagers who they owe their entire lives to, and who can burn their huts to the ground with lava.
Now that's what I call autism
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #200323

chucklefuck studios is the only company who can have a game that I've played with no issue, and then when it actually releases the fps is so low its unplayable
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200405

Frackin Universe comes with a really cool mission you can do once you have your science tech advanced by quite a bit. You get a quest from a lady in the science outpost to get her a nuclear core (which is really hard to make) but once you do she gives you a mission to go check out a research outpost of her colleague that has gone dark. It is basically a straight rip of HP lovecraft but it is really atmospheric and super spoopy. It did bother my autism a bit but still it is really good and I recommend you try it.

Also i really want to play online with people also using Frackin Universe so i can autism about with science and make cool gear and other shit while brave adventurers bring me rare materials in exchange for better toys
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #200407

Is Frackin' Universe worth reinstalling for if you've already beaten the game? It sounds a lot like Tekkit/those other production-line Minecraft mods that were pretty cool
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #200408

I've installed Fracking Universe but I have no idea where to even start with it
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #200409

It's all production chains afaik, start with dirt and rocks and then eventually become master of the universe with the ability to make antimatter bombs that destroy entire planets. It's autism but not the unapproachable kind since you need to do so so much to get to the upper levels of it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200417

Basically what Zilian said. The mod is set up in such a way that the initial list of questlines you get from the science outpost, starting with crafting your matter assembler, walk you step by step through the progressions of crafting materials. The only issue for me is that they go quite slowly, so i just kinda jumped right in crafting everything that had a NEW tag beside it which generally unlocks new recipies and stuff
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #200461

Seeing as how the music system is still the best thing about the game, I compiled a tgstationcore .abc album.

https://mega.nz/#F!OdJDlBqK!3Fx-D8L-IM1si9lndYA6dA

Includes such classics as Remove Kebab, Spooky Scary Skeletons, Darude Sandstorm, and Yakety Sax, and more!
Also some random shit that I liked or that sounded good when converted.

If you don't know, just plop those in your Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/assets/user/songs folder and start Starbound and grab your favorite instrument.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200464

We should get a proper TG server going so i can start a tavern for players to visit and get drunk while listening to sweet jams
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #200471

we should probably compile a list of mods first before we do that, because I want at the very least these:

Fracking Universe
Improved Containers
Instant Crafting
Spoiler:
the three Felin mods
Last edited by Ricotez on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #200472

no mods please I hate mods
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200474

But why? The game is seriously lacking without mods. I would throw in XS mechs, frackin races, and no item drop survival
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #200487

I just play on tanknut's server when it's up, it's got

Code: Select all

alien music replacer 
automatic doors
better barren - elysium worlds
better food expiry times
better ship fuel
compact crops
container ui tweak
desert music restored
efficient watering
energy dash restoration
everfrogg
extended gui
extended songbook
faster air strafe
faster farming
faster morphball
faster ship tranitions
food stack
frackin' races
frackin' universe
ground-penetrating radar station
hunger enabler for casual mode ((or no drop survival it's personal choice))
improved containers
instant crafting
inventory interface redone
item frame
macrochip
matter manipulator manipulator
more seeds, no fibre
new tiles and greebles
novaskin
ocean music restored
perennial crops
purchasable pets
racial ai restorer
reduced fall damage
skippalble cinematics
tanz hunger overhaul
themed colony deeds
weapon stats
xs mechs vehicle edition
x5 basic drop rates
or you can see the steam collection here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =731862717

personally I'd like to add the archer's syntheizers mod, but that's because I have more fun playing instruments than I do with the game
Spoiler:
[youtube]Idjf2AOfjoQ[/youtube]
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #200489

For real though Improved Containers is a MUST even if you want to be as vanilla as possible.

Renaming, auto-sorting, and being able to move containers without the entire contents exploding out of them is a godsend.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200497

I dunno about a dedicated server but i can probably host if a few people wanna play sometime, i will install the massive fuck of mods that tank nut has
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #200499

Wyzack wrote:I dunno about a dedicated server but i can probably host if a few people wanna play sometime, i will install the massive fuck of mods that tank nut has
I'm up for pretty much whenever, I'm just going through my ss13 midi folder looking for some good sounding things to convert, I already found the stalker guitar track and it sounds amazing in the abc preview
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200501

Okay, i installed the tanknut collection plus the synthesizers mod. Will probably make a new character and host a bit later today
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #200516

I have autism

okay I'm ready whenever you're ready, just hit me up on steam
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200518

Nice dude, I will probably be another hour or so tops
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200545

playing now, add Wyzack on steam if you want in
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200643

Tripleposting for playing starbound again tonight, spess cops fell through so plasma spess cowboy beekeeper is my backup
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #200645

See part of me wants to try frackin universe but the steam workshop page says that if you want to remove it you actually need to wipe your saves. Just doesn't seem like it's worth starting the whole game over if I don't like it
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200646

copy your save folder and paste it somewhere before you install the mod, then make a new character once you do. Risk free.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #200647

I like to live dangerously and didn't do that
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #200669

Frackin Universe is really bad at explaining things. I have some liquid iron from an extractor, but nowhere can I find any information about how to turn it into solid iron.
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200683

You can't
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #200747

that would've been extremely useful information for the mod to give me before wasting iron ore on that
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200762

Stash it away in a crate somewhere, you will need it down the line for creating molten cores for plasma weaponry and probably some other junk.

The beekeeping and farming in this game is really relaxing and fun. Mostly when i play with Wiznard i kinda just play little house on the space prairie while he goes off exploring space or plays some synth jams. Good times.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #200769

The final release is way better than the earlier builds I played. I'm really liking the fact that building actual Sci-fi colonies instead of crude wood and brick houses is actually viable now that you get so many blocks out of just a few bars of metal. I just got around to building a sort of tech base with bunkers for guard posts and I'm working on an underground basement area carved into the natural caverns right under my colony.

Also the underwater Hyotle cities are cool as hell.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #200824

Apparently the airlocks they use are fairly easy to make but I haven't tried yet
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #200882

you can get the blueprint for the airlocks in the hylotl library mission

or by ripping one out of a city and drowning everyone
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #200893

I meant the wiring.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #200898

Anything you scan with N that doesn't have another way to craft it gets added to the pixel printer. So most of the time you don't even need to steal shit.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #200921

it is tho
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #200940

I need to find or spawn a jumpsuit and dye it grey.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #200961

CosmicScientist wrote:Huh. That's very good to know. I also started up the game to see where it's gone to now. "Observant. A highly robust tool box." I want to pretend that's a reference...
pretty sure it is, didnt the starbound spriter guy work on the http://www.spacestation13.com/ project
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #200970

Finally got a heater EPP. I feel like a retard now. I initially thought I had to gather all the circuitry and shit from robots. Didn't realize until I checked the wiki that you can just craft em.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #201151

It gets more complicated if you want to add a new recipe without overriding the entire recipe file.
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #201160

No, I mean that if you want to add a recipe you have to add it to the recipe file, which will then mean your new recipe file completely overrides the old one which can cause conflicts with other mods that also change the recipe file. Alternatively you can give instructions to the game on how to add your new recipe to the recipe file upon load, which is more complicated but avoids file conflicts.

They may have changed this since the last time I tried to mod, though.
Spoiler:
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #201172

Got to the hot tiers of planets. Kind of disappointed that of all the oceanic planets only the ones with actual clean oceans are worth exploring. It'd be cool if toxic planets had big factories and oil platform type structures on them. Maybe some huge sunken cargo ship type dungeons (which could have a shit ton of loot being cargo ships and all but require a special poison resistant suit to reach) to explore as well. I mean, they even have huge destroyed factories in the backgrounds for them which would be a lot cooler to check out than tiny tunnels and small loading platforms. Actually biome specific dungeons in general would be pretty sweet.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #201200

toxic ocean planets have a ton of shit underwater, you need anitpoison or whatever to explore it without dying though

also i have endgame armor and shit, but am still stuck on the hylotyl examining quest because i am getting shit RNG when it comes to hylotyl villages spawning. if somebody has some coords for a hylotyl village with enough shit to scan so i can move on with the main quest please tell me
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #201246

>yfw PlagueWalker is so thirsty for furry porn he's begging for it in /sbg/

https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/15 ... #150889772
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #201247

PKPenguin321 wrote:toxic ocean planets have a ton of shit underwater, you need anitpoison or whatever to explore it without dying though

also i have endgame armor and shit, but am still stuck on the hylotyl examining quest because i am getting shit RNG when it comes to hylotyl villages spawning. if somebody has some coords for a hylotyl village with enough shit to scan so i can move on with the main quest please tell me
1.get hoverbike
2.go to ocean planet
3.sink to the bottom of the ocean
4. drive around in hoverbike to cover the entire ocean in a minute
5.if you didn't find a village check another ocean floor there should be one eventually

also is there anyone else here who does not like mods
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #201270

I feel stupid. I only just now figured out that you need to turn off the shield generator in Hytol cities to steal furniture and shit. Those cargo containers are useful as hell though. I've got to find more cities so I can steal more. I can't help but think of some of the fucked up stuff you could do with the cities if deep sea pressure was a thing.
> Go around stealthily grabbing all the drains in the city
> Break open wall
> Dozens of Hytol crushed by the pressure in the blink of an eye as the entire city floods
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #201278

The unloved rock wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:toxic ocean planets have a ton of shit underwater, you need anitpoison or whatever to explore it without dying though

1.get hoverbike
2.go to ocean planet
3.sink to the bottom of the ocean
4. drive around in hoverbike to cover the entire ocean in a minute
5.if you didn't find a village check another ocean floor there should be one eventually

also is there anyone else here who does not like mods
they go UNDER the ocean????????
Spoiler:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #201285

Ya they sink if you need money go make a refinery and mine an asteroid belt
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #201426

Fucking asteroids+refinery is ridiculous
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #201522

I like the missions and the structures that spawn on planets (even if they don't always make sense, like a Felin city on a heavily irradiated planet, or an Avian temple on a dark, extremely frozen planet). But the damn scanning quests are awful, you always think you can do it with just one settlement but then you miss 1-2 more scans and you have to fly to a different system just for them.

I've also started going into Admin mode whenever I want to just decorate, and spawn decorative blocks that way.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #201533

Ricotez wrote:I like the missions and the structures that spawn on planets (even if they don't always make sense, like a Felin city on a heavily irradiated planet, or an Avian temple on a dark, extremely frozen planet). But the damn scanning quests are awful, you always think you can do it with just one settlement but then you miss 1-2 more scans and you have to fly to a different system just for them.

I've also started going into Admin mode whenever I want to just decorate, and spawn decorative blocks that way.
/completequest human_mission1
/completequest floran_mission1
/completequest floran_mission2
/completequest hylotl_mission1
/completequest hylotl_mission2
/completequest avian_mission1
/completequest avian_mission2
/completequest apex_mission1
/completequest apex_mission2
/completequest glitch_mission1
/completequest glitch_mission2
/completequest destroyruin

Mission1 is scan, Mission2 is the dungeon itself.
human_mission1 is the erchius moonbase which might pose some weird problems if you admin in a ship upgrade before completing it.