Bottom post of the previous page:

The specialest of snowflakes.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Wild Hogs Ride Again

Post by Wyzack » #160456

#swagops
#wildhogs
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #160461

my roleplay gear was the illest

the sickest
crack is whack but smacks got your back
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #160501

Safety first, kids!

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #160709

You guys want to continue our conquest of Altis tonight?

Freedom isn't free.

It needs to be carried on the backs of gold deagle wielding patriots as they drive over random civilians walking down a dirt road in the middle of nowhere.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #160717

I'd be down for it, sure
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #160780

i can play tomorrow
and the day after.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #160783

I can do today. Probably tomorrow for a bit as well
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #160792

Yeah, today sounds good.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #160828

8 oclock-ish sound good for everyone again?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #160877

Im ready now if anyone wants in
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #160886

I'll be on in an hour or two lads, don't execute all the prisoners without me
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #160981

RIP Zack.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161055

Holy sweet jeebus i am not very good at this game. I think last night my only kill was when me and Tedward valiently shot an unaware sniper in the back at near-pointblank range

Couple questions
Is target acquisition supposed to be so goddamn hard or am i just bad? Half the time we are in a firefight i kinda just fire for effect in the general direction you guys are aiming and dont actually see anybody.

What guns are good? The choice is so massively overwhelming that I usually just take assault rifles that i recognise and maybe add a scope or something to it. Is that a dumb strategy?

I now know how to open the self menu, but i cannot figure out how to select things on it. Last night i literally was bleeding for like twenty minutes until i passed out in the tank

Also how do i do meme emotes and salute and stuff? Most important

/newbierant. I wanna git gud, pls halp
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #161060

Wyzack wrote:Half the time we are in a firefight i kinda just fire for effect in the general direction you guys are aiming and dont actually see anybody.
I'm pretty sure this is how a lot of real life firefights play out.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161061

I know, but every time someone says contact down i just think to myself how i really showed that bush who the fucking boss here is. Also i ran over a civilian who was walking on the road in the middle of the night with my tank, i suppose that is a kill too.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
K-64

Post by K-64 » #161062

Acquiring targets is something I still have a bit of issue with. Either I have to use thermals or use the direction from their firing to be able to figure out where they are. So basically I have to either rely on a crutch optic or hope they don't shoot me dead before I actually figure out where they are, which I'm not exactly happy with that level of... inadequacy should I say, considering the playtime I've put into the series.

For guns, it largely depends on what you feel you're best at in terms of firefight position. The MX and its variants tend to be a good catch-all weapon. For the kebab equivalent, that would be the Katiba/KH2002. For machine guns, I've found that either the Negev or Stoner are the ones I'm most effective with. And for long range stuff, without DLC, I'd say the MXM is a good choice for that since it has good range but still has an assault rifle magazine.

Interaction stuff is just highlighting the option with your cursor. So for example if your left arm is bleeding (because it's always the fucking left arm), then you self interact, hover over medical, hover over left arm, then bandage and release. Then it should have a bar at the top saying "bandaging in progress" or something to that effect. If the wounded area is red in the menu, then it's bleeding heavily and needs 2 bandages to fully heal.

And for the emote animation things, it's self interact then gestures and just choose whichever one is dankest.

And as a note, I was the one who actually died the most last night by far, with about 14 kills to the next highest of 6. Self-preservation is not my strong suit in this game.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161063

I thoguht thermals might help but the nvg menu (I assume that is where they are) is all technical names and it is mostly gibberish to me. I cycled a few and kinda just picked one.

I did however find out how to make my spess OC with a tacticool turtleneck and black armor vest so I am happy
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #161067

How to git gud

1) Accept that kebabs have laser tracking vision and will always see you first and shoot you first. The AI is pretty bonkers that way, has always been bad for that reason, and many mods exist that try to make them more realistic but it's still a problem. Learn to listen for the pops with surround sound and watch for incoming tracers. Trying to spot the muzzle-flash and puffs of smoke is really hard to do and I recommend you just focus on trying to determine where the tracers are coming from first.

2) Like K64 said abuse anything you can get with thermal registers on it. WHOT or BHOT allday errday. We do have flare launchers and shit that can LIGHT UP THE NIGHT but we rarely use them because they really fuck up NV's and thermals.

3) In your graphics settings you can set your foliage settings to the worst possible so that it clears up a lot of useless brush and grass that helps obscure kebab but doesn't actually provide cover. The kebabs will see you through bushes and grass and shoot you right through them as well. This is frowned on in TvT but that's a whole different (and much more fair) game style where you don't have to worry about people laser scoping you.

4) Abuse AI squadmembers who will also have laser vision. Abuse your map which will usually mark a random location near where the incoming fire is originating with a marker for the enemy's role. Having a loyal squad of soldiermon is also good because you can put them on advance move orders in a formation so that they walk ahead of you and become your bullet sponges. A couple of these guys moving together with coordinated orders can actually be pretty fucking effective. My unit of 8 dudes slaughtered a few dozen kebab, blew up a MRAP, a BMP, and a tank before getting cut down to only three survivors.

This just reminds me I need to mess with configuring that AI mod for tonight.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #161068

About AI abusing, throw those fuckers on the gunner and commander seat of any vehicle and just drive. They can get some unreal shots off. Like shooting a moving target from 2km away inside a dense forest and getting a direct hit, because laserkebab. Then there was that one time on a mission where we were all in a tank and the kebab one 360noscoped us from between two buildings with like a half-meter gap and one-shotted us all dead.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #161073

The AI has gotten slightly better from what it used to be.

I remember when we first played and kebab would react to incoming fire by slowly marching towards the source while firing super-accurately at you.
Like some kind of gun-wielding zombie they didn't (and still don't, by default) react to incoming fire until it was enough to kill them.

That's why we sometimes call kebab "terminators".
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #161074

Finding targets is this game is really about bearings for me tbh. Usually if I come under fire, I crouch, look, and listen to where fire is coming from. If I spot them I pull up the compass quick to get a bearing, and fire back.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #161079

Communication is super vital in that regard. Calling out contacts and their bearing helps you put more eyeballs on the area you're trying to find something in.

Like asking your friends to help you find your lost keys. Only the keys are trying to kill you.

Don't be an MLG pro asshat who sees every kebab as a chance to up their k/d, like you want all these enemies to yourself. Talk. Use the fucking radio. Up your local chat to shout (hold tab, scroll mousewheel up).
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161080

So is there thermal goggles i can get or is it only in scopes? I have a strong urge to airdrop myself into an occupied city in the dead of night with a silenced MP5 and USP and see how many fools i can Sam Fisher before i get killed
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #161082

Not goggles, not that I know of.

The nightstalker scope is prettymuch everyone's go-to because it has standard, NV, and WHOT/BHOT thermal modes on it in addition to a range-finder and decent zoom.

Bring it up by right-clicking, then press N to cycle through the modes. Tab to rangefind. lctrl+rclick to swap to the red-dot on the top of it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #161101

Also for general learning how to do stuff more effectively in general gameplay (not talking about specific ACE features and all that), then this is something I'd recommend reading as it goes through pretty much every aspect of Arma 3 operations for both infantry and vehicle use. It is a bit wordy though, but that's unavoidable considering just how much there is to keep in mind while playing
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #161110

#RoastedHogs
Game Admin
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #161111

tedward1337 wrote:#RoastedHogs
Top, Kek.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #161169

http://2sierra.com/

????

btw play with six is being a piece of doggy dick and only letting me download at a blistering pace of 50kb/s.
at this rate i'll be ready to play in 2 years. ;) ;) ;)
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #161257

I LEFT IT OVERNIGHT AND ONLY GOT TO 40%

HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #161274

CSAT occupying muh bandwidth
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #161300

Okay lads, I have some very good news that I will show in picture form:
Spoiler:
Now, we may need to change some things a bit considering the logo isn't entirely ours any more and such, but the important part is that we now have a proper identity again. For those wanting to Hog up, simply go to configure > profile, and you should see this
Spoiler:
In Squad URL, put https://raw.githubusercontent.com/K-64/ ... /squad.xml into the box there, and then copy whatever is in the Player ID box and paste it in a post here and I can get your entry added to the squad.xml file.

At the moment, the file contains the profiles for An0n3, Upgradecap, Wyzack and myself. Assuming the player IDs haven't changed between then and now that is.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #161303

K-64 wrote: At the moment, the file contains the profiles for An0n3, Upgradecap, Wyzack and myself. Assuming the player IDs haven't changed between then and now that is.
... h-hello. I'm here!
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
K-64

Post by K-64 » #161304

If you can throw over your Arma 3 Player ID then I can get it added. I've only got those that were added in the old Hogs file.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #161307

im currently at 35% due to the shit crashing and having to start allover again.

I dont think i can play this this week it looks like

play with six can literally get fucking genocided from this planet tbh fuck this gay shit.

okay my calls for genocide against pw6 have made it go up to 800kb/s it's something i guess?
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #161448

left it overnight again

only 80%

im considering the best way to transcend humanity and travel to the cosmos. right now carbon monoxide is looking reallllllly good.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #161449

I gave up with PW6 and just manaully downloaded all the mod packs... 50kb/sec vs 2mb/sec
What the hell is PW6 doing!? Taking a cut of the bandwidth too!?

Edit: Also been reading up on the radios, seems most radios start at a default low power. The 148/152 should get around 4-5Km range and the 117 gets around 20km!
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #161451

i think the government are throttling my speed so i can't practise operating and thus be fully ready for when the happening occurs.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161488

Wild hogs action news.

We fluke super hard trying to assault a well defended city. However this time I actually contributed and killed a bunch of dudes, thank you based fishgun. There was a really tense moment when me and Anon3 dragged Tedward half dead into a house to treat him while under heavy fire, but I think even after we picked him up we all ended up dying. Even so it was a blast to play
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #161521

Our first "success" at the escape mission with the new squad;

[youtube]L2KDO5MTLmE[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161526

Anyone wanna play some more later today?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #161527

Hell yeah
Also, >that dead body storage
My sides were gone from there
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161529

Do you see a sign on my driveway that says dead Chechen storage?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #161530

And some of our ongoing efforts in "Operation Dispensing Freedom"

[youtube]ZJGlcz6qtRM[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161541

I do not regret my tacticool turtleneck/cowboy hat combo, nor will i ever stoop to wearing a peasant helmet. I would say we did pretty good considering it was just the three of us vs a city full of kebab after all of tedwards mooks got slaughtered
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #161543

Cappy and I have ushered in a new era of PMC fashion for the Hogs.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161544

Man you should have taken my gold taurus pimpcannon from my corpse once your deagle ran dry, the swag reflecting off the gold plating blinds your foes and makes them quiver with fear
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #161545

I would've but you respawned somewhere and it deleted your corpse, leaving me with no sidearm or bandages.

I ended up killing a few more people than are even shown in that video using a kebab pistol as well. That gun just isn't as FREEDOM FRIENDLY as the others so I cut it out.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161547

If we soften up smaller targets around the town can we make it easier to capture? I dont want these goatfuckers to think we are gonna give up easy
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
K-64

Post by K-64 » #161551

An0n3 wrote:Cappy and I have ushered in a new era of PMC fashion for the Hogs.
You may have ushered in a new era, but I was the only one rescued from the island.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161552

Didn't that chopper get shot down too?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster