The Culling: Battle Royale meets Smash TV

Talk about video games here
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Re: The Culling: Battle Royale meets Smash TV

Post by EndgamerAzari » #160838

Bottom post of the previous page:

I wonder if there's a way to set up a private server so we can just Lord-of-the-Flies the shit out of each other.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #160859

KILL THE PIG
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #160861

SUCKS TO YOUR ASS-MAR
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #160925

Stun guns are rediculously OP. Zero counter aside from running and hoping they can't catch up.

I did get a chainsaw for me and my buddy and we chased people, was fun.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #160936

Yeah, stun guns are bullshit, but at least they're rare. Getting hit by one is basically an insta-backstab. And chainsaws are weird--they're a DPS weapon and they drain your stamina while being used. If you get the drop on someone with one you can out-damage them before they wear you down if you're lucky.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #160942

It's that time again.

http://www.hitbox.tv/endgamerazari

EDIT: Never mind, I got depressed and I'm going to bed early.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #160982

They're nerfing stun guns. I also got called a gay riddick.

thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #161108

I'm thinking of putting together a "I MUST KILL FAST" build that specializes in getting the drop on people before they can prepare. I'm thinking the perks that start you with body armor (for that initial edge) and the man-tracker (I must find so I can also kill), and maybe either improved run speed or improved crafting speed.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #161112

Improved run speed. Improved crafting speed is kinda useless.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #161113

DrPillzRedux wrote:They're nerfing stun guns. I also got called a gay riddick.

What's the difference between taser and pepperspray stun again?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #161114

Taser actually stuns you (and is basically melee range), making you unable to move for a few seconds, whereas pepper spray blinds you but otherwise leaves your capabilities unhindered.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #161228

Ah, so people got pissed off that a three-charge stunbaton fucked them up.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #161232

A Taser can stun you long enough to, with the right perk, be backstabbed and take off about 70% of your health.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #161251

I wonder how long it takes till you're able to kill someone.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #161262

Combat tends to be a drawn out affair as people can tank quite a few hits.

The only exceptions to this are...
  • Guns: Guns deal a lot of damage very rapidly, a headshot is essentially a one shot kill for the Rifle and Revolver (almost for the latter) and the SMG tears it up in close range. The drawback being firearms are extraordinarily rare to find in any crate, and gun loot drops are very, very, expensive and are usually only seen in the mid to late game. In addition extra ammo for a gun is also extremely expensive to craft.
  • Someone trippling up on perks to maximise damage via backstabs and with a single weapon. If someone invests all of their three perks into boosting their damage they can deal via a backstab (htting a target in the back) and with one class of weapons (blades or blunt for example) then a single charged hit to the back of a target will rip off most of their health in one hit (again, 70% ish).
  • Someone using explosives, traps or a combination of both. Explosives deal massive damage but vary in deployment, availability, and skilled usage. Traps are very deadly if paried with a way to finish off the victim (classic is setting snares around a poison cannister, then throwing a rock at the poison cannister as the victim is snared to kill them with a massive poison cloud).
People tend to take notice of very rapid deaths, as most deaths tend to be drawn out as most weapons deal anywhere from 5 to 25ish damage a hit.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #161264

Well, I had two kills in about ten matches.

Last match's, however, was the last. I picked my tank setup, starting with body armour, damage resist and extra HP, got a rifle, blowgun, bowie knife and pepper spray.
Never even encountered anyone until I noticed only two were left. Spray, bang, bang, feels oddly dissatisfying.

Also, is Brutus/Stealthy/Ol' Painless actually worth it?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #161266

The nature of RNG is that sometimes you'll get a great set-up easily like yours, other's you'll be scrapping the bottom of the barrel with makeshift weapons and traps.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #161270

Fun game, was worth breaking my "no early access ever" rule.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #161277

I just run Ninja/Brutus/Instacrate perks and backstab people after following them.

A good strategy is to use snares. Put them by health machines when someone is close, fuck them up and let them run to heal. They'll get snared and you can backstab them.

a correct post by pillz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #161299

My autism has awakened and so has the need to transplant this into SS13.

Like, stone turns to glass, wood turns to metal, tasers become batons, pepper spray, smoke grenades and most explosives are reskinned, vents are plasma cans, barrels are welding tanks, the SMG is a c20, the rifle turns into an autorifle...the blowgun maybe an ebow?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #161328

Would probably be fairly simple to make battle royale as a thunderdome type thing or an away mission where only one person is allowed to leave. It'd get old faster than the time it took to code though.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #161332

Speak for yourself. UNGA BUNGA MURDER EVERYONE
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #161515

Sniper bundle plus moneybags feels good man.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #161612

On that note, sniper bundle plus trembling hands feels bad man.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #161635

I just blinded a man with pepper spray and watch him run into a poison cloud and choke to death. I mean he killed me in his blind fury as well since I have some crazy fear of blocking but hey it was worth it.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #161649

I watched someone throw some brass knuckles, hit someone in the head and kill them.
I play Boris Pepper.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #161669

just need zykalon b tanks and the rest is just table crafting and a ghetto money system.

The game itself looks like 3 months of polish and some graffiti on those buildings(in blood of course) would liven it up. Hell, semi persistent sprays on the individual servers would be cool(totaly impractical but cool). Obviously everything needs textures first.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #161688

Now I gotta check if guns are actually hitscan or if you have to lead your target over distance.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #161692

You have to lead them, but the projectiles tend to travel fast enough.

Just go into the Adv. Tutorial and try out the guns in there.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #161695

I did.

In the process I rediscovered rather painfully that I suck at throwing.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #161765

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:I have some crazy fear of blocking
Blocking is VITAL to melee combat. There's sort of a rock-paper-scissors method to it

Blocking beats attacking (kinda) beats shoving beats blocking, and so on.

I say attacking kinda beats shoving because you can still get shoved when you're not blocking, but chances are unless you're swinging a sledgehammer you'll hit the guy shoving you. And that momentary stun that blocking an attack generates gives you room for at least two hits before the enemy can recover, usually.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #161802

Well, I suck at melee combat because I get flustered very quickly and forget the whole moving around and being a pain in the ass stuff.
I suck at ranged combat because depth perception is something that I just lack.
The only thing I'm halfway good at is stealth, aka running away without anybody noticing and just scurrying around the outskirts salvaging shit till I hit 175 FUNC.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #162507

>spawn right next to satcomm
>barrel in front
>explosive crate on top
>another red crate in the basement
>metric fuckton of loot
>another guy comes by, mistakes my alarm gun for a rifle and runs around awkwardly
>got a taser, too, if he tries shit
>suddenly, game crashes
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #162511

*'REEEE's in sympathy*
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #162532

Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #162592

Well, that was tacticool.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #162594

Now that there are Australian servers up I've been playing and enjoying the game quite a bit.

Amusingly many of my recent victory's are via using a SMG I ended up stealing from someone else in the round. My most recent being someone I used a remote explosive to knock them to 5 hp and whom ran into a poison cloud to try and deny me their SMG, I managed to pick it up (losing 2/3rds of my hp) and use it to kill off the last contestant after healing.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #162596

I seem to be awfully good at making second place by never bumping into anyone, calling an airdrop when it's time, crafting some armour, and hiding in the bushes for the first place guy to run into my sights.

Then I inevitably fail at shooting him in the face.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #162997

Does Bleeding stack its damage, or just refresh its duration when you repeatedly hit someone? It would be neat if they added more viable ways to kill people rather than just melee whores. Traps seem like fun, and you could take perks to increase their damage, but you would get screwed in melee.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #163012

Are you kidding? Bleed weapons (spear n blade) are the meta go to due to how insanely powerful it is.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #163073

Never said it wasnt. Just want to know how the bleed mechanics work. Seems like it just refreshes the duration.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #163082

Yes it does.

Also I'll bet good money the next round of balance changes will be focused around making bleed weapons less extremely powerful while trying to buff up other non-bleed weapons as well as associated loot drops.

Doesn't help that not only are bleed weapons fantastic but they get the best loot drops and weapon spawns, in addition to some of the better weapon related perks. Hell the bludgeon (I think) weapon tree doesn't even have a craftable Tier 1 weapon, so if you don't find a bludgeon weapon in a building then your shit out of luck as your perks are useless, well more so.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #163113

Got my first victory, lured the asshat into my remote mine and blew him up. Then just finished him off with a spear. Feels good man.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #163417

Steelpoint wrote:Yes it does.

Also I'll bet good money the next round of balance changes will be focused around making bleed weapons less extremely powerful while trying to buff up other non-bleed weapons as well as associated loot drops.

Doesn't help that not only are bleed weapons fantastic but they get the best loot drops and weapon spawns, in addition to some of the better weapon related perks. Hell the bludgeon (I think) weapon tree doesn't even have a craftable Tier 1 weapon, so if you don't find a bludgeon weapon in a building then your shit out of luck as your perks are useless, well more so.
axe is a bludgeon, triple stones. it even gives weakness 3 (30% less damage dealt)
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #163418

The crafted hatchet is an ax. It's a separate class.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
UnlimitedSpessmans
Byond Username: UnlimitedSpessmans

Post by UnlimitedSpessmans » #163426

fun game, big fan of being a huge coward and then when it comes to the last 4 just picking off whoever survives.

also spear meta and knife meta are forever.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #164309

It's on sale for half a day more plus free game:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/t ... -free-game

There's also a two-pack if anyone's feeling generous:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/t ... free-games
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #165744

Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #165746

have fun friend :cardborg:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #165765

Won the first match I was in. Not bad for not having played for a bit.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #165776

I haven't played in ages, thanks to work and Geralt.

Changelog says there's a ton more nerfs out there, though.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: