Planetside 2: Zerg Simulator

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Planetside 2: Zerg Simulator

Post by Timbrewolf » #174830

Bottom post of the previous page:

Shit sorry mang. The IP for the TS is (109.169.56.53:11247). We also use it for Overwatch, we'll probably end up using it for Stellaris too.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #174907

Finally figured out how to medicmeme and JESUS FUCK IT'S RAINING XP
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #175037

Played with the Drunken Division NC outfit on Friday which ended up being hilariously awesome. We had a massive Vanguard convoy going, most of whom were wasted and just steam rolled over a few enemy outposts. Then we went on to Hossin while everyone was on Amerish and pissed off the few VS and TR faggots who were there by capturing basically everything, made even more satisfying by the fact that the few defenders were incompetent as fuck.
> be engineer
> camping capture point on MG turret, kind of bored
> VS heavy gunner runs right into my line of sight and starts shooting at me
> pump him full of lead as he tries strafing with his overshield thing up
> look down
> he barely even scratched my shield

gg
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #175047

Engineer's anti-infantry turret is stronk. Worth throwing a couple cert points at. Doesn't fair too well against maxes but can be surprisingly effective against light vehicles and ESF's. It has a neato energy shield which basically limits you to being headshotted or having someone sneak/sprint around and shoot/stab you in the ass.

Engineer's anti-vehicle turret is...not so good. It's an infinite ammo anti-vehicle weapon with fly-by-wire so it kinda makes some sense that it needs to be balanced pretty harshly. Unfortunately the projectile is way too fucking slow to be useful against anything beyond medium range...and it's got absolutely no defenses / low enough damage output that anything you're shooting it at at medium range can easily just explode the shit out of you before you can explode the shit out of it. Useful for blowing up all these newfangled structures though, and if you can find some other engineers who have it massing fire with them can annihilate armor lines. It's the old IG flashlights vs Space Marine armor doctrine. The Mana AV turret is a cheap piece of junk but if you get enough cheap junk together in one place it works out okay.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #175053

I remember getting with a platoon and getting like 60 AV turrets on a big stone archway and firing at reapers and scythes. We only hit like 20 times out of 500 shots but we killed most of what we hit.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #175057

I've done that too. Watching a gigantic stream of fireballs all curve and fly around mid-trajectory to chase a target is mesmerizing.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175080

Currently learning to infilninja.

Sitting in one spot for ages practically invisible might not be much fun, but shanking their medics without anyone ever figuring out what the fuck happened certainly is.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #175083

An0n3 wrote:Engineer's anti-infantry turret is stronk. Worth throwing a couple cert points at. Doesn't fair too well against maxes but can be surprisingly effective against light vehicles and ESF's. It has a neato energy shield which basically limits you to being headshotted or having someone sneak/sprint around and shoot/stab you in the ass.

Engineer's anti-vehicle turret is...not so good. It's an infinite ammo anti-vehicle weapon with fly-by-wire so it kinda makes some sense that it needs to be balanced pretty harshly. Unfortunately the projectile is way too fucking slow to be useful against anything beyond medium range...and it's got absolutely no defenses / low enough damage output that anything you're shooting it at at medium range can easily just explode the shit out of you before you can explode the shit out of it. Useful for blowing up all these newfangled structures though, and if you can find some other engineers who have it massing fire with them can annihilate armor lines. It's the old IG flashlights vs Space Marine armor doctrine. The Mana AV turret is a cheap piece of junk but if you get enough cheap junk together in one place it works out okay.
The anti vehicle turret it's great for base turrets and slow moving vehicles as long as you set it up right. Set it up right out in the open and you're gonna get fucked up real quick. Set it up in a kind of hidden area like the doorway of a building overlooking a base or a shadowy rocky outcrop and you'll be able to get off a good amount of hits before they even know you're there. The lack of a shield works both ways. You may not have a barrier protecting most of your body but you also don't have a huge glowing shield giving away your position.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #175105

Huh? I was always picking off long distance vehicles... and softies with the mana turret.

Just because its fly by wire doesn't mean you shouldn't lead your target first, use the guidance to make fine corrections.
Also, fire it upwards first then bring it down on target like a javelin, that way the smoke isn't in your face, seems to track better too that way.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175110

I'm pretty sure it's for victory points.

I need to drive Ants more often, just let me read up on what resources show as on the map.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #175120

DemonFiren wrote:Currently learning to infilninja.

Sitting in one spot for ages practically invisible might not be much fun, but shanking their medics without anyone ever figuring out what the fuck happened certainly is.
Make sure to unlock both the Commissioner and the crossbow and swap between them depending on the situation- it'll do wonders.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175124

Drynwyn wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Currently learning to infilninja.

Make sure to unlock both the Commissioner and the crossbow and swap between them depending on the situation- it'll do wonders.
That's long-term planning, for now I'm saving up for the Rebel plus suppressor.

Speaking of which, weapon attachments do not transfer between compatible guns, yes?
Oh, yes. Of course not, that would discourage spending money.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #175129

Don't get the Rebel, I have it and am NOT a fan.

It can be suppressed, but like most suppressed weapons, it's still somewhat audible when fired- it just doesn't generate a minimap blip. It also has muzzle flash. Basically, it has all the disadvantages of the Commissioner and Crossbow without really having the good points of either. The poor hip accuracy is the biggest problem, since when going for the old shoot-and-shank, you want to hip fire (There's a small delay while you un-scope if you melee directly out of ironsight aiming.)

Personally I'm a fan of the crossbow- unlike a merely suppressed weapon, it makes almost no firing noise and has no muzzle flash. Plus, it has very low range falloff and can one-shot wounded enemies (or unwounded infiltrators) on a headshot.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175131

Yes, but it's also hella expensive. Rebel at least is something I can afford, and I do most of my kills at medium-short, anyway.
Crossbow causes problems leading targets because I have issues with depth perception.

Besides, I'm thinking about sinking those 1000 certs into a Carver - 1000 points of melee damage sounds pretty sweet.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #175153

Don't buy the carver. It'll do 1000 damage but you have to rev it up first, during which time you're visible and everyone can hear that shit. If you want to shank people as infiltrator you just two-shot them with the regular knife.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #175158

Anyone want to do some airwolfing?

Used to sit in a liberator with a buddy plus two support fighters. Literally own the air and support the ground like... something good in the air? I dunno Ill work on that.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175161

An0n3 wrote:Don't buy the carver. It'll do 1000 damage but you have to rev it up first, during which time you're visible and everyone can hear that shit. If you want to shank people as infiltrator you just two-shot them with the regular knife.
Actually, I just hopped into VR to test it.
You can literally hit F-B-LMB-B-F in rapid succession and be able to strike with 1k damage before the spin up noise even starts playing.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #175163

I've got too much I need to do today preparing for Stellaris in the evening, otherwise I would.

I've got a pimped out Liberator for us to roll in. I've got both a couple good configurations for different targets. It's a nice cert farm.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #175164

Now that i am back home in the great white north and more or less sobered up i can remove kebab again
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175166

Well, I've got work. Maybe tomorrow night we can remove - if my shitty connection permits it - but not today.
Or weekend, as usual.

Oh, and, yeah - hold on a second. Are suppressors ever worth it?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #175171

Tuesday night ops?
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #175173

DemonFiren wrote:Well, I've got work. Maybe tomorrow night we can remove - if my shitty connection permits it - but not today.
Or weekend, as usual.

Oh, and, yeah - hold on a second. Are suppressors ever worth it?
I can't speak for other classes, but I never use one as an Infiltrator.

Suppressors do three good things: Reduce audio volume of gunshots by a usually (though not always) inconsequential amount, prevent minimap blips, and prevent people with the Awareness implant from spotting you when you take damage.

All the megatryhardimplantusers are running Battle Hardened, so you will very rarely run afoul of the awareness implant, and even if you do, cloaking de-spots you.

The blip removal is nice, but it's not worth the muzzle velocity drop for sniper rifles, and for Stalker play, if you're in a situation where the blip would be a problem, you're almost certainly better off using the crossbow than a silenced pistol- not only is it quieter, but the longer effective range means you can strike from a safer position. And it has no muzzle flash.

I hear suppressors can be handy as a light assault, or for smg-using Hunter-cloaking infiltrators, but at least for Stalkers, the crossbow is preferable.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175174

Yeah, I've seen what suppressors do to sniper rifles, especially MUH RAILJACK. Ugly.

So I guess for sniping it's no suppressors, unless it's a flash suppressor once I'm done learning how to into scout rifles.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #175175

I didn't even know you COULD suppress the railjack.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175176

You can, but it takes a 50.5% hit to muzzle velocity.
Fuck that noise.

Side note: isn't it pitiful how the highest-velocity rifle the NC has is outclassed by a fucking Barret M82?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #175177

...Why would you EVER take a muzzle velocity hit on a gun whose ENTIRE POINT is a muzzle velocity of Fuck You?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175179

Drynwyn wrote:...Why would you EVER take a muzzle velocity hit on a gun whose ENTIRE POINT is a muzzle velocity of Fuck You?
I wouldn't.

Unless it's the auto scout rifle and I'm operating from close to medium range. The other one, flash hider seems better.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #175338

Whens our next pow-wow? I know stellaris just came out but I always like to give somebody a dicking personally.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #175342

Which NC AR is better than the default?

It works great at pretty much every non-sniper range if you just manually burst it, so I dunno if any of the others are a direct upgrade
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #175391

Tonight?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #175396

at?
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175399

Time matters none, I'll be there unless my 'net craps itself again.

Nocturnal connection seems to be awful, curiously enough.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #175405

Takeguru wrote:Which NC AR is better than the default?
THe Carnage AR rips through people, i love it. Works great at medium range.
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
Lzimann's best friend.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #175412

srifenbyxp wrote:at?
I'll be on around 20:00-21:00 Britfag time.
Though I think I need anon3 or someone to add me to the squad, I haven't actually booted it up in... well since it first was released (though I have updated it recently).
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175419

Well, now I'm in a crisis of faith.

Saving up for that sweet FUCK YOU rifle, and not sure if Longshot or Railjack. I mean, sure, the Longshot doesn't have a charging delay and packs more ammunition, but the Railjack deals way more damage and requires less leading and drop compensation. HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT DAYBREAK SUCKS COCKS. Seems the Railjack has the exact same drop as the Longshot, for 200m/s greater muzzle velocity and 50 extra points of damage. Fuck that.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175536

All right, so, we removing today, and when?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #175549

I ended up watching a documentary and didn't realise the time... now my games still updating but tbh I gotta be up at 6am so I doubt I can play tonight :/ Sorry.

EDIT: Ok so logged on... apparently I have 5000 certs... spent a bunch now I have 2500 and a bad ass liberator for max airfreedom.

Also add me: Peoplerstrange
Also shit I have done nothing on my US East NC account... everything seems to be in my EU vanu, oh well.
Also apparently I'm loyal or something.
Also I'm going to bed, die another day.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #175576

>5000 certs
fuck I can't even
like all of my certs/spent combined would be like 1500 and that's from like 4 years ago
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #175741

Would also seem I have another NC soilder with around 4100 certs, so might make them a specialist in something else I guess.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #175745

The fuck you getting all these certs from? Jesus man.
Lzimann's best friend.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #175746

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:The fuck you getting all these certs from? Jesus man.
What the fuck happened to the Railjack? I took it out in VR training and it has no charge-up time now but it has bullet drop.
Huh?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175762

An0n3 wrote:
What the fuck happened to the Railjack? I took it out in VR training and it has no charge-up time now but it has bullet drop.
Huh?
Just tested it, yes, very sneaky update, now reading up on it.

Nope, nothing, nada, niente, nichts. No changelog, no patch notes.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #175784

I bet the Vanu did this.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175789

Well, update info sure did pull a vanushing act.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #175802

I made/had accounts from when it was first relased. I guess I been getting certs for "loyalty" or when they moved from SEO? Im not really sure, but I aint complaing
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #175821

If you had certs in certain shit that got removed/reworked I'm pretty sure they refunded them
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175913

Patch notes here.
No word of the Railjack, literally coderbus-tier.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #175915

DemonFiren wrote:Patch notes here.
No word of the Railjack, literally coderbus-tier.
Maybe it's been changed for a while?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175916

Nope, tested it the night before you posted it's been changed, and it still worked like advertised.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #175923

Shaps wrote:If you had certs in certain shit that got removed/reworked I'm pretty sure they refunded them
Ah probably that then!
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #175925

So anyone good for a zerging tonight 5/12/2016 around 5pm EST? I figure we all just huddle around in the TS server then when we zerged at each other long enough take it out on normies.