Tundra
10%
Boreal Forest
30%
Topical Rainforest
10%
Arid Shrubland
No votes
Ice Sheet (incase you want a really short run)
10%

Total votes: 20

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Rimstation 13 (first run completed)

Post by MMMiracles » #172632

I got a craving for Rimworld and people seem to enjoy hearing about how their snowflake saved the day/died of dysentery so lets play a game.

It'll be a Randy Extreme on the largest map, don't know what area to settle in yet. I'll take up to 10 starter colonists from people and the rest will be brought in via regular means. Won't start till I get a decent diversity in starter colonists and get a decent idea where to start the game.
Spoiler:
Modlist:
  • Combat Realism
  • Extended Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
  • Apparello
  • Rimfire
  • More Trade Ships
  • Miscellaneous Pack minus MAI
  • RT Fusebox
  • Mad Skills
  • All of Rimsenal minus Security Pack
  • Recycle
  • Hospitality
  • Additional Joy Objects
  • More Furniture
  • Glass+Lights
  • EdB Colonist Bar
Current Lineup:

Van Skorvold - Security Officer (carried off by savages while trying to artillery them)(MIA)
Spoiler:
Caleb Robinson- Mech Veteran
Spoiler:
Hanz Leonid - Assistant (went rogue during siege assualt, didn't receive medical attention in time)(RIP)
Spoiler:
Djingle Djanjo - Shaft Miner
Spoiler:
Arbiter Pheer - Commissar/HoS.
Spoiler:
Ty Andrews - Station Engineer
Spoiler:
Lumi Pharon - Scientist
Spoiler:
Jim Joffee - Assistant
Spoiler:
Sarah Hooker - Medical Doctor
Spoiler:
first run finished wooo
Spoiler:
spoiler tabs are dumb fuck this system
Last edited by MMMiracles on Wed May 04, 2016 9:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Re: Rimstation 13 (read about your OC dying to boomrats)

Post by Skorvold » #172633

Van Skorvold, Security Officer. You ought to know what he looks like nerdo just add a beard.
Last edited by Skorvold on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #172636

Oh yeah I remember RimWorld. Shame it's $30 bones off of their site so I guess I'll wait until it goes on Steam and on sale

Edit : Woops accidentally sent, how about adding in Hanz Leonid? I don't much care what he looks like or what he does, whatever you find is most useful

Edit 2 : You're using Nexus Mod Manager for this right?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #172642

Caleb Robinson. Mech war veteran, black swoopy hair. Also prepare carefully is gud
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #172643

Djingle Djanjo, Shaft Miner. Think old man long beard gold rush miner. Make sure I djont die early please.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #172647

Arbiter Pheer, Commissar.

And lets go Boreal Forest for that Land of Odin space-vikings feel.
Knaive
Byond Username: Knaive

Post by Knaive » #172654

Ty Andrews, Engineer. :shades:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #172655

I don't know this game, and it probably doesn't have master race in it, so...

let's see what it turns into.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #172658

Lumi Pharon, research nerd and/or gunslinging skull fucker.

I remember hearing that shields or some shit got added to the game so melee wasn't completely useless, that true?
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #172668

Good luck

And yeah Lumi, shields have been in for awhile
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #172669

Shields apparently suck shit so ranged > melee as it probably should be
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #172670

Zilenan91 wrote:Shields apparently suck shit so ranged > melee as it probably should be
A normal+ quality shield has a higher cheese factor for targetting against raiders than pre-nerf mimic beacons in XCOM2.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
don't go for another.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #172690

Also for mods to use, I haven't played for fucking ages, but there was a mod back then that added a bunch of shit like some high end generators, a faction of spessmahrine tier rape pirates, including some hilarious weapons and armour.
A load of it was plain overpowered shit, but I manually tweaked it a bit and great.
One example was this long range explosive gun thing - it had very good range and was really powerful, but it usually ended up burning any loot (and the occasional huge scrub fire that would burn all my god damn powerlines to the geothermals), so it couldn't be used mindlessly.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #172692

lumipharon wrote:Also for mods to use, I haven't played for fucking ages, but there was a mod back then that added a bunch of shit like some high end generators, a faction of spessmahrine tier rape pirates, including some hilarious weapons and armour.
A load of it was plain overpowered shit, but I manually tweaked it a bit and great.
One example was this long range explosive gun thing - it had very good range and was really powerful, but it usually ended up burning any loot (and the occasional huge scrub fire that would burn all my god damn powerlines to the geothermals), so it couldn't be used mindlessly.
Yeah, glittertech. Any mod that adds a major faction with ranged weapons requires me to revamp them to fit Combat Realism's ammo mechanic and new bullet mechanics or else the guns become either pea-shooters or absolute annihilators.

Also because some of that shit is so overpowered and bullshit that any moderately sized raid from them usually ends in a very dead colony, even if I have decent numbers.

I'm probably starting the game in like an hour or so, waiting out in hopes of the turret update for CR comes out beforehand, but I'll live without.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #172696

What is this?
Also,
Sarah Hooker - Occupation: Professional Pill Popper, AKA MD
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #172697

Space Station 13, or at least one of the few research stations orbiting at the edge of the system. Some considered a state-of-the-art research facility, some considered a death trap.

Not like it matters much now, with it being blown to kingdom-come by a group of nuclear operatives. Orbiting a nearby rimworld at the time, the escape pods the remaining survivors had access to were budget-models and could only fit themselves and a few supplies from their own job. Landing on some backwater S-shaped hellhole with all the other savages and assholes that already inhabit the place, you better start making plans for a new home because I doubt Nanotrasen is gonna give much of a shit about a station on the edge of nowhere being blown to nothing.

Map:
Spoiler:
Landing Zone: Boreal Forest, Mountains

Permadeath run on the hardest difficulty with the most random storyteller. Absolutely nothing can go wrong.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #172698

This video should explain it a little bit, as well as give you a feel of what's gonna happen right away.
Spoiler:
[youtube]ni8HFawiqME[/youtube]
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #172700

That continent is an upside down dinosaur.

Also daily reminder that building bases inside mountains is for dwarves and losers only.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #172701

With CR it isn't needed to survive the hordes of dirty savages so that's also cool
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #172704

As it turns out, the station we were on had a shit-ton of ordinance for god-knows why. Lots of guns too.
Would of been nice to have if it wasn't for the fact most of the ordinance blew up upon impact and proceeded to trigger any nearby supplies that didn't explode on impact, setting a good chunk of the forest on fire.
Spoiler:
Everything is fine.

Pharon was the first near-casuality during the crashing. A chunk of station debris managed to knock her in the head a bit, nearly decapitating her. Shes fine now though, and I honestly haven't a fucking clue how she came out of it with no permanent injuries.

Pheer was able to obtain his personal Mateba revolver and some flashbangs from the weapon drops, supposedly from whatever chunk remained intact from the on-station armory.

Apparently the reactor that powered the station managed to stay intact during the fall, and has currently made new residence near our crashsite. Of course nothing can be that easy, so it also irradiates a deadly amount of radiation if left inside the radius of it for too long. It seems to be producing power still, though. It might be worth going for, right?

We also managed to obtain 2 more survivors from the crash, Yutaka and Feeb. Oh joy.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #172705

>everything is fire

Good start.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #172707

MMMiracles wrote: Map:
Spoiler:
NSFW:
does that look a xenomorph giving a handjob to anyone else?
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #172709

Rain, glorious rain.
Spoiler:
After everyone getting their bearings and mother nature gracing them with her rain, the flames finally die out as they start to settle in. Yutaka decided the best way to keep everyone in high spirits is by throwing a party. By a party I guess he actually meant 'hang out inside a shitty steel shack and talk about how shit everything is'. It seems to be working decently.

Also yes that big weird thing in the top-left rack is a doomsday rocket launcher. I guess were in good shape if mechanoids come by anytime soon.

EDIT: Shortly after said party, Pheer and Hooker became lovers. I guess people bond quickly in stressful situations.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #172714

that deathtrap of a non-aconditioned room. the main problem I had w/ this game was dying to heatstrokes until I started making all of my bases 0K inside lol
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #172716

Oh, I remember one mod that was godly for me, but I don't know if it's relevent/needed anymore with the current version.
This mod added a simple vent thing which you could installs into walls etc. Basically what it says on the tin - it connects the air on each side, so for example I had a block of 20 or so bedrooms, with a couple large heaters between all of them, but all of them linked by vents.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #172717

The siege of the angry elk.
Spoiler:
An elk got caught in the crossfire of muffalo hunting, the entire pack deciding it was one stray shot too many. Robinson took a hefty beating as Skorvold ran for the hills, his job-assigned armor taking a bulk of the hurt from the few stray attacks. A passing savage took opportunity and decided the best method of attack was directly charging our Commissar with an axe. It didn't turn out so well for the raider. with a new revolver-sized hole in his chest. Dude had a pretty nifty backpack too, great for storing the Pheer's extra flashbangs.

I'll probably keep posting at major events or starting of big constructions at this point to prevent cluttering.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #172718

It all starts with a big fire, how very ss13.

And the HoS has a gun, good for executing heretics, savages, and keeping up spirits...by executing cry babies.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #172729

Dancer's Town Raid

Personal shields, rifles, and a few pistols. Good thing I bothered to build a defensive line!
Spoiler:
The one that managed to get in got a face full of buckshot from Andrews, combining that with their losses before even getting in, end up turning around and hauling ass, Pheer taking a few pot shots at the fleeing raiders, probably laughing as he does.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Knaive
Byond Username: Knaive

Post by Knaive » #172792

My guy looks like he takes baths in Tang water
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #172795

Our line up appears to be entirely of the mormon master race, which means we need to eliminate Ty at some point.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #172799

Marriage is on, I guess.

At some point Pheer proposed to Hooker, so now this is happening.

The ceremony was quickly cut short after what can only be presumed as a passing raider ship crashing into our compound. The cargo came first, followed by the surviving pirates who were fairly upset over the fact we were raiding the remains of their cargo hull outside the walls.

I'm not one to pass up on free loot.

EDIT: First snowfall of the colony, with almost a months into the crash, this is what we got so far:
Spoiler:
A large armory, soon to be stocked with ammo and weapons of our fallen enemies; a huge messhall so people stop bitching about having to stand up to eat their food; personal rooms; a sterilized treatment room, followed by a giant work room soon to be filled with production benches so we can actually start making shit instead of scavenging off the idiots who keep banging at the compound walls.
Last edited by MMMiracles on Sun May 01, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #172803

Never would've thought one of my characters would be into the medbay stutterwhore type.

Then again, the only other option would've been Lumi - now that would've been a dysfunctional marriage!
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #172925

Winters hit harder than expected. The food stored during the summer wasn't enough to sustain due to half of the fuckers randomly getting parasites and eating everything they could get ahold of. Another raid party this time, came prepared with grenades in attempt to blast through the exterior wall of the compound. Unluckily for them, Pheer happened to be outside the walls near them hauling something.
Spoiler:
The one on the bottom even bothered to bring some half-decent chest plating for armor, too bad that just made Pheer shoot his legs off instead.

EDIT: Apparently Randy isn't too pleased with how little trouble the colony has faced and has decided to up the difficulty up a notch.

A plume of toxic, acidic dust has settled over the quaint little area around our compound. Anyone caught out in it for too long can end up with all sorts of fun issues, such as muscle deficiency, back problems, loss of sight/hearing, or even dementia. Work was quickly set away to creating a makeshift roof over the compound to protect the group from the shit dust, leaving spots open for our solar panels to generate energy still.

Fun.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #172944

double post cause fuck the police

There's absolutely nothing left in storage, people are grabbing at raw food to eat before it can even be cooked. The fallout cleared up about a week after it began, which is good news. Too bad there's fuck-all to hunt and I didn't bother with hydroponics until now.

A friendly tribe is passing by, they seem like they want to rest in the mess hall for a bit.

If the chef can do it on a regular basis, why can't we? Tastes just like monkey.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #172946

Oh jesus. Didn't take long for us to fall to cannibalism. Is Caleb doing okay?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #172947

Malkevin wrote:Never would've thought one of my characters would be into the medbay stutterwhore type.

Then again, the only other option would've been Lumi - now that would've been a dysfunctional marriage!
Excuse you I'm no stutterer
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #172949

Hard to believe there hasn't been any infighting yet.
Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #172950

Wyzack wrote:Oh jesus. Didn't take long for us to fall to cannibalism. Is Caleb doing okay?
About everyone is taking it decently except for Skorvold, who broke pretty soon afterwards and decided to take off all his clothes. The cannibalism debuff doesn't seem to stack anymore like it used to so this isn't going nearly as bad as I thought it would.

Potatoes are currently growing in a new hydroponics room while we feast on the corpses of the tribesmen, whose entire faction is now hostile towards us. I might need to start laying down some more deadfall traps for the ass-load of angry tribals I'm probably going to see in the future.

EDIT:
Incase anyone is interested in seeing how the colony stands in terms of goodwill with everyone else stuck on this hellhole.
Spoiler:
Yeaaah, turns out the tribals we butchered for food was part of the only other faction that didn't hate us. Woops.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #172954

I'm flattered that my humble leadership lead us into the right direction of pissing absolutely everyone off.
Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #172955

After 4 people going berserk in a row, Randy appears pleased with his work and decides that's enough for now.

Cargo pods full of rabbit meat falling out of the sky right infront of the compound? I sure as hell won't question it.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #172966

well so much for a break

Spoiler:
A siege team moved in on the very edge of the map at night, most people are still on edge from the whole 'eating people' thing, so this will only go great.

Hanz broke mid-way to the siege site, seeing how he was carrying an automatic rifle, Pheer was quick to put him down. He bled out before anyone could reach him in time for first aid.

Skorvold was given an AK from a passing combat trader, so he was able to out-aim the worst of the group as 2 of them used handheld mortars to try and hit us from behind cover. An incen cannon was used to try and burn out the big mortars while 2 pushed up, only to get tapped in the head. Nothing permenant, well, as long as he can get medical attention quickly enough.
Spoiler:
Skorvold is the only one left standing on his own two feet. Our resident doctor, Hooker, is currently hauling ass with an inventory full of herbal medicine on-site because I'm pretty positive they won't survive the trip to and from if I don't.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #172967

rip me
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #172968

I'll keep the main post updated with status of each colonist, also I'm gonna try and build a tomb to house all potentially dead colonists, including pre-making each sarcophagus so everyone knows they got a spot waiting for them if/when they finally kick the bucket.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #172971

build the sarcophagi into the walls of the base, so even in death they might help protect the colony.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #173005

MMMiracles wrote: Hanz broke mid-way to the siege site, seeing how he was carrying an automatic rifle, Pheer was quick to put him down. He bled out before anyone could reach him in time for first aid.
So what you're saying is the grey shirt starts chimping out so the HoS put him down, seems fitting.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #173007

How were you adding so many starter colonists?
/vg/station Head Admin
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #173221

mrpain wrote:How were you adding so many starter colonists?
Prepare Carefully allows up to 10 starter colonists.

Busy day, didn't play much. Pheer just suffered through 3 separate infections because Skorvold is shit at patching up wounds. A trader from the only friendly faction came around with a huge surplus of food, which was quickly bought out entirely to help feed the colony past tribals and potatoes. Andrews was given some heavy clothing and send out to destroy the reactor that was slowly turning everything around it into radioactive shit. Only a slight case of radiation poisoning and we got some sick plasteel out of it.

Also people are still berserk breaking, hoping the luxurious meals I bought are enough to off-set this issue.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #173266

MMMiracles wrote:
mrpain wrote:How were you adding so many starter colonists?
I could never get that to work, every time I try to start up a game shit just freezes up. What am I doing wrong? Im putting it in the mods folder and enabling it.

EDIT: Tried it again. Doesnt freeze, the prepare carefully button just does nothing at all.

EDIT AGAIN: Ok I think it's because Im running A13 and it still hasnt been updated for it yet.
/vg/station Head Admin
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #173300

Leonid has finally been put to rest, well at least for now until I can build an actual tomb. For now the armory works decently enough.
Spoiler:
At least now I don't have to remember why he died.

In lighter news, the food situation is sorta stabilizing, the surplus from the traders gave time for the crops to grow and start a tiny stockpile. A pleasure cruiser passed by, which means the mess hall now has a flatscreen TV sitting in it so people stop beating the shit out of eachother.
Spoiler:

Also, since we actually have a surplus of shit like steel and components, I'm starting to deck out the current colonists with decent weapons and protection. Pheer was first up, seems decent enough to me.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #173305

Have fun getting cucked, in every /tg/ vidya thread Geist was the leading murder boning in all forms of combat. May many boomrats and parasitic horrors plague your tiny rock hole.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.