What are you nerds playing?

Talk about video games here
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Re: What are you faggots playing?

Post by LiamLime » #165184

Bottom post of the previous page:

cfitz22 wrote:Been playing this obscure game called 'Space Station Thirteen'. It's about little pixel people in a pixel space station that try to research this weird new magic to develop super powers! It's super scary and has tons of crazy moments but it's a lot of fun. There are a lot of really fun jobs too, like the entertainment man, fixer, bomb maker, and floor cleaner! Sometimes there are even bad guys that come and try to steal expensive things from the station and break it with something the leader has to keep safe called the 'disk', which probably contains his favorite recorded TV shows and is why he needs to keep it safe!
I actually like this description quite a bit.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #165424

Screemonster wrote:I've got fuckin' sucked back into Kingdom of Loathing again.

Damnit.
Now there's a name I never thought I'd hear again.

I used to play it a ton, back when Mr Accessories were being bought and sold for tens of millions of meat because they were the only item that would survive the impending World Reset.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #165525

>load up from the depths again
>ancient missile boat
>capsizes right away due to some mass change or another
>would have to replace literally every light metal block in the damn thing to fix it
WAKE ME UP
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #166790

Played some Gmod. Set my job title to "Milk Man" and spawned a bunch of milk props to sell to people for outrageous prices.

Milk, Chocolate Milk, and the "Lait Gâté" Special. Some guy bought the last one for $2,500, and later two goons tried to sell me "Spoiled Chocolate Milk" for $5,000. I held it up to a lamp and said it was counterfeit and started yelling at them and they freaked out and ran away. Later some hoods shot up my store so I had to try something else.

Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #166792

Resintalling G-Mod because staring at Maccus' screenshots reminds me of the time we invaded some communities' RP server and setup a sprawling Italian ghetto.

I was a humble and honest gun merchant just trying to make a living. Assholes kept bricking in my windows to try to steal my wares or my money printer.

Eventually I ended up buying a huge crate of M16's and our PROUD ITALIAN CITIZENS rushed the streets during a parade and gunned down the mayor plus almost the entire police force.

EDIT:

I forgot the time we also just voted all of ourselves into the police force and then trapped this kid in his home and wrote bullshit on the outside.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #166793

Don't forget how afterwards we set me up as a dictator by stacking the votes when I ran for Mayor
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #166794

Oh man here we go. I'm Tommy Calzone and I had to weld fences to my store to keep the constant flood of burglars out.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #166796

Oh goddd that fucking brings me back. I used to moderate for DarkRP servers and I'd run these store defense events. I'd give gun dealers insanely OP admin guns and task them with defending their store from the hordes of hobos and other various raiders I set against them. I once gave one of them a quadruple barrel missile launcher and helped them build this labyrinthine base in the sewers for like 30 minutes, then I spent around 20 more minutes teleporting everyone to the plaza, arming them with AK-47s, then on literally the first wave of attackers the Gun Dealer accidentally shot a wall and blew himself up.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #166797

I stabbed and shot so many burglars to death in my store there were ankle-deep bodies all over my foyer and up the stairs leading to my second floor abode.

The police were basically stationed outside 24/7 but barely ever actually helped me.

I remember there was a shoot-out in the plaza outside and stray bullets punched through my store window and shot one of the only people who came to actually buy guns from me in the back of the head and killed them.

That neighborhood was ROUGH.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #166893

Fuck looking through my old steam screenshots is nostalgia central

Back in the days of the BROLICE on APB. My shitty starter car. And back:

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #166895

Back to KSP for me.

Trying to build X-COM's Raven. What a pain in the ass.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #166912

Been playing Stardew Valley. Named many of my animals after people from TGS.

The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #166916

I've been playing Renown Explorers: International Society from last humble monthly. What a fun game. If you liked FTL you should check it out.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #166926

Gmod DarkRP Takeover when?
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #166930

I put a ton of time into DS2 to both give it a second chance and prep for DS3.
I'll probably be streaming it later tonight for some of my IRL friends who can't get into the franchise.

Overall DS2 added a lot of cool new stuff that is cool (powerstancing! hexes!) but the game itself is a step backward. DeS and DaS were tough but fair. DS2 at times is not. In DeS and DaS there were lots of traps and ambushes you could spot ahead of time if you go slowly and keep your eyes open. In DS2 you have invisible hazards and pitfalls you can't detect unless you've flopped into them once already or someone left you a note.

Eg. In DeS there will be some old wooden planks spanning a gap. You look at them and they look rickety as fuck, you can probably guess that you shouldn't stand on them too long. If you sprint across them you make it safely across. If you don't, you fall through, take some fall damage, and have to repeat a little walking.

In DS2 there will be a stone walkway that just crumbles out from under you when you step on it for some reason. You fall to your death. Running across it doesn't save you, it collapses the instant you step out onto it and you fall immediately.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #166933

Maccus wrote:Gmod DarkRP Takeover when?
Those screenshots I took have the server we were on automatically tagged in them.

We can return. Italian Takeover 2016
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #166937

Fuck it, I'd join
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #166963

We should totally do a GMod server takeover for Shitty MMO night
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #167044

Maccus and I ran around as Milkmen selling milk to people on a Gmod server.

People got mad that we weren't selling guns/armor and it created a small shitstorm of satanic rituals, rival dealers, and murders.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #167053

enter the gungeon .

fuck this is hard without a controller

still easier than playing DS and Ds2 with a keyboard and mouse tho
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #167093

I'm so going to buy Enter the Gungeon. Hopefully my mastery of Teleglitch combat will transfer over well.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #167104

I would recommend Hyper Light Drifter over Enter the Gungeon.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #167141

An0n3 wrote:Maccus and I ran around as Milkmen selling milk to people on a Gmod server.

People got mad that we weren't selling guns/armor and it created a small shitstorm of satanic rituals, rival dealers, and murders.
(insert psychonauts reference here)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #167170

An0n3 wrote:I would recommend Hyper Light Drifter over Enter the Gungeon.
Hyper light drifter is rad but it's not even close to enter the gungeon; I'm talking about how the games are entirely different. in my limited understanding of hyper light, it's an exploration hacknslash kinda game. Enter the gungeon is more isaac-like which is why I prefer it more. I think hyper light is a cool looking game but I'm into gungeon because to me I like the mechanics of the game more.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #167171

Fallout 4

GECK releases this month so the mods are gonna start picking up in scope and quality

Wasteland Workshop soon too, even though it's not that special if the beta leakers are anything to go by
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #167234

ColonicAcid, Maccus, and myself joined a random 1942RP server

Turns out to be the exact same one we ventured to years ago.

We all joined the Wermacht and setup a "Security checkpoint" which means we bought a house and setup a firing line in the window, shooting everyone we could see.

End result: massive civilians casualties. I got demoted from Medic, then voted back into the Wermacht, then I promoted myself to Medic again. So...fucking nothing.

Eventually I got banned for shooting a random religious fanatic after abusing the shit out of him in his own church. It was a one day ban, with the admin threatening to ban me for two more days for lying to him about it. Thankfully the server has a ridiculous SEVEN STRIKE policy so I have six more bans worth of QUALITY FUN ahead of me.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #167235

An0n3 wrote:I would recommend Hyper Light Drifter over Enter the Gungeon.
Excellent game
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #167241

If I remember right I think I moderated for that server for a few weeks before I left because of shit happening irl. I remember there being a ton of pay to win donator classes like the Cherkesov Dealer. It was called PeopleofGaming right? PoG?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #167244

An0n3 wrote:ColonicAcid, Maccus, and myself joined a random 1942RP server

Turns out to be the exact same one we ventured to years ago.

We all joined the Wermacht and setup a "Security checkpoint" which means we bought a house and setup a firing line in the window, shooting everyone we could see.

End result: massive civilians casualties. I got demoted from Medic, then voted back into the Wermacht, then I promoted myself to Medic again. So...fucking nothing.

Eventually I got banned for shooting a random religious fanatic after abusing the shit out of him in his own church. It was a one day ban, with the admin threatening to ban me for two more days for lying to him about it. Thankfully the server has a ridiculous SEVEN STRIKE policy so I have six more bans worth of QUALITY FUN ahead of me.
tbh most Wehrmacht soldiers were pretty decent, as Hitler's army was mostly Imperial remnants plus people who didn't give two shits about ideology.
Next time go wear black.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #167246

we were decent werhmacht soldiers. All we did was clean the streets of filth.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #167248

SS slots are always taken, there's only 6. The Wehrmacht only spawn with shit-tier pistols while the SS spawn with kar-98ks which are a significant upgrade. If the reich has taxes up high enough they can buy the Reich Armory which lets the Germans choose weapons like super op Pump Shotguns and FG-42s on spawn.

If you guys want to raid the server again, half of you go Designers and sell armor at as much of a profit as possible, and the rest go whatever the fuck so long as you can get guns. Try and recruit as many randos as possible, give them shitty guns, give them armor, then send them at the Reich conscript style. Your goal would be to hopefully get into the Reich prison and set up a base in there unarresting everyone and killing any Nazis who try and stop you. If you need emergency funds autism around for a while as a Wine maker and set up near the NPC vendor, you make a retarded amount of money if you do this for long enough.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #167255

Yeah that sounds like way too much effort when it's so easy to just spawn as Wehrmacht and use our Kar-98's to MLG PRO people from down the road.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #167321

TIL FtD AI doesn't do high-angle indirect fire.

I am displeased, not least because it seems we still can't lay guns via keyboard, which would have let me use the trajectory predictor to find my target.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #167324

I reinstalled Diablo 2 for a good ol blast from the past in blistering quality 800x600 resolution. Lost my paladin after getting cornered by some champions in a cave though, not sure if i will start over.

Also decided that after Rimworld's most recent update that i am just going to bite the bullet and buy the damn game rather than pirate it for the nth time.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #167326

Been trying to learn EU4. Is hard. Fuck tutorials, I went in raw.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #167328

I kinda want to get back to EU4 but I missed last two expansions. And I probably need new CPU by now, game really bogs down on shit dual core as it goes on.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #167370

Been playing this

And once this arrives I'll be playing it too

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #167469

Oooh new endless legend expansion. Its about bipolar guys who get stronga in winter.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #167535

Majestic flying manta ray people
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #167538

Been playing Void Destroyer, its like homeworld except really glitchy and suffers several design issues.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #167540

Rimworld now has colonist relationships and stuff. Two guys who were previously friends got in a fistfight in the dining area over a slight, but they seem to have made up. Also got a scientist fleeing some pirates who is apparently really ugly, and most of the other colonists hate her for it
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #167621

An0n3 wrote:Majestic flying manta ray people
Sort of a bat/moth men with floating bits for wings decided to form an unholy alliance with the manta thing.

The manta are solitary scouts and they are amazing at it (you get a free one as first quest reward). These guys dominate the new pearl mechanic (enormous obvious exploration and patrol incentive) good thing too since their special district variant needs pearls.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #167818

Wanted to finish up DS2 with all the DLC before DS3 comes out.

Got to the Crown of the Old Iron King DLC and holy fuck is this shitty.
This is fucking garbage, these enemies hit like a ton of bricks, are damage sponges, and don't give out bullshit for souls (440 a pop? Nigga u srs?)
I've gotten as far as the Iron Passage and my will to keep playing has broken. Walking into rooms full of these fuckers while assholes on ledges I can't reach pelt me with arrows, lightning spells, and CALM WALK ON THE BEACH WHY DO YOU HAVE THIS FUCK YOU! encapsulates everything I don't like about DS2 compared to its predecessors.

Yes, I can beat this by just scrubbing it out with a bow. But fuck me is this not fun at all and I don't get any sense of accomplishment by doing it. So much of this game can be described as "it wasn't fun and I didn't feel great for getting through it, but I had to to see what was around the next corner".

Currently rocking a STR/FAI build. +10 Faraam armor. +5 Black Knight Halberd (Lightning Infused), +5 Dragon Charm. Random greatshield I haven't upgraded yet. Soul Level is around 140 something I think, soul memory like 2.6mil

I thought the Drakekeeper's would be the height of bullshit in this game. I was wrong.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #167826

Oh god i forgot about soul memery. what a fucking garbage mechanic
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #167831

I'm curious how DS3 will handle that for match-ups?

The problem with using pure SL is that you get twinks like the Dick Wraiths from DS1. Progress through the majority of the game as a level 10 pyromancer, join Dark Wraiths, return to Burg, invade everyone allday errday nonstop paintrain with Quelagg's sword.

Soul Memory gives you a little more freedom to dig your own grave. Die too many times and lose a lot of souls? Too fucking bad, we're still matching you upwards against guys who carefully invested every single soul they've ever earned just to shit on you. Did you experiment a little, buy some spells or upgrade some weapons then decide you don't want to use them anymore? Too fuckin' bad, we're still counting that against you.

Soul Memory is better for a narrative experience, though. It prevents you from being invaded by (or invading in on) people who are just worlds beyond you in terms of gear. When it matches two people up, they should have some sort of equivalency. The problem is that, if you're focused on that PVP gameplay, you have to track down and occupy a ringslot with the Agape ring to prevent yourself from inadvertently slipping outside the SL bracket you want to compete in. It's still possible to make builds that cheese the invasion mechanic and have a definite advantage over people still in PVE mode, but it's at least closer to parity than SL mechanics.

Soul Level is better for consensual-PVP between players. Pick a SL, spend your souls, and then never worry about it again. As mentioned above it's worse in every other way, though. Propping up a low SL build with top-tier gear results in a lot of very unfair invasions.

Speaking as someone who spent a lot of time invading in burg and killing people with a snap of my pyromancy fingers, or one-shotting with the Furysword, Soul Memory is still the better system. Fuck, I even remember playing the JP import Demon's Souls when SL was the same mechanic, and there was the soulsuck glitch so I was getting invaded by level 1 dudes with scraping spears and 999 in all their attributes.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #167833

Soul memory is a much deader system also might be a consequence of red eye being kill. In DS3 at least I might see people outside belltowers or ratland.

Also involved insane retarded bullshit like cheaters would purposefully invade newbies jump off a cliff and fuck your soul memory up into the no fun havel league forever.

Also the no level up villain thing was more dependent on a combination of insane non scaling elemental weapons and pyromancy being pleb requirements. Pyromancy actually has stat requirements this time I think. Way of blue is back and with on the fly covenant switching any time you aren't looking for pvp on purpose ANYONE can have it there as a default.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #167836

Soul memory was trash because it puts a shitty time limit on the playability of your character. Wanna do lots of co-op to help newbies with a hard boss? Tough shit, make a new character bitch, you are past your prime. I hated the sense of false urgency that i might be getting too many souls to be able to find co-op or pvp in a given area. I loved in Dark Souls 1 where i could make a fun Black Iron Tarkus cosplay build and help people kill queelag/iron golem until i got bored. Sure you get invaded by tryhard +5 lightning uchigatana faglords pretty frequently, but if you are in human form you can call a few equally tryhard buddies, or even spank a few solo. Once i backstabbed a chaos zwei nerd right off an edge in the parish.

Also it allowed me to make my "reverse tryhard" build. Go around low level areas in that garbage chainmail armor with the knight crest shield and starting weapon, get invaded by people who think i am easy pickings, and then switch to my offhand chaos estoc and ruin their day with surprise attacks.

Overall i think DS1's system was far superior because it allowed for more player freedom, and i will be upset if soul memory comes back
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #167838

I agree that it's cumbersome, but the solution is just wearing the Agape ring when you don't want the souls you earn to count for character progress.

Multiplayer that is inconvenient is better than multiplayer that is broken outside of some very specific situations. aka We purposely leveled to the same SL and are purposely hanging out in the same dueling area so that we can have some fights that are actually on even footing.

In my most recent playthrough I was able to max out my sunbro covenant really easily by just hanging out helping people with the Dragonrider, Demon of Song, Dual Riders, and some other random fights. No worries about leveling out of co-op range, and the couple random times I was invaded I was able to push their shit in, or at least get in a really intense and fair fight.

Covenants like the Bell Guards or Rat Bros wouldn't work at all if matchmaking was strictly SL. Those areas would be unbeatable twink-fests. Or at best "Get ganked three times and then go through" gates.

I should clarify that I've never been a huge fan of the actual gameplay of PVP in the first place. Great ideas and concepts but the game itself doesn't lend itself towards arena-style multiplayer fights. There's so much jank and dumb exploitable crap in the engine and spread of tools available to the players that it was doomed from the get go. When you can start a new game without having to immediately ask the question "Is this going to be a PVP build or a PVE run?" I'll reconsider but it's just so obvious that the PVP meta is a weird growth on a game that isn't balanced for it at all.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #167839

I never found that ring, and just kinda got fed up and stopped playing after Dragonslayer Ornstien 2.0
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #167842

You buy it from Straid right outside the Tower of Sinners.

Honestly it's one of those things you should just start the fucking game with, or better yet, be something you turn on or off by talking to an NPC. Having to wander around and find critical items like soapstones and certain covenants is goofy.

The Blue Sentinels in DS2 are a great example of "What the actual fuck were you thinking" design.
You get to invade for free whenever someone in the Way of Blue covenant is being invaded!
That's awesome! ...Except the players who would probably benefit the most from the Way of Blue either ignore it or don't know its there. And by the time you've progressed far enough in the game to be able to defeat Ornstein and join up, nobody is going to be in the Way of Blue anymore anyway. So that function never, ever works.

You CAN horde up Cracked Blue Eye orbs and use those to invade the guilty, but now you're invading into players who often prepare for you on purpose...as you count as a world antagonist now instead of someone there to save the host they can summon all the other phantoms they want and smack the shit out of you. This turns out to be the actual worst invader-style gameplay ever, as it's actually super easy to just troll with your bro's in an area with high sin while waiting for Sentinels to show so you can 3v1.

...so a covenant that is supposed to be defenders of the weak and SOULS POLICE end up getting shit on a lot because of the implications of the game design. Whoops! Almost like the devs have no idea how to design massively-multiplayer gameplay!

oh right and how could I forget

You have to invade and kill FIVE HUNDRED PLAYERS to max the covenant.
FIVE HUNDRED.
NOT COUNTING THE TWO BROS THEY WILL ALWAYS FUCKING HAVE.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #167875

Area protector covenents like rat and bell bros existed in DS1 and while they weren't sun bros or dickwraiths they still saw a fair bit of use.
Also a lot of the perception of DS2 protecting newbies was because both the invasion covenants were gravy lord level broken depending on cracked orb rewards from their arenas. Rats and bell bros if in the right memory range could still griff the shit out of people

Oh and stupid shit like brotherhood of blood needing 500 more wins than loses to reach top rank.

Then the dragon covenant just needed like 30 scales, that you could just get as drops with a bit of ascetic use (fuck that despawn mechanic too).

Blood borne and DS2 were just so sparse on interaction it was ridiculous I would much rather be occasionally killed than have a broken hug box.
Last edited by Incomptinence on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.