What are you nerds playing?

Talk about video games here
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: What are you faggots playing?

Post by Wyzack » #193607

Bottom post of the previous page:

Yeah my original post on the matter was mostly because the one that exists is spess mehreens only and that does not interest me much
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #193629

Iirc EC is going to just be an instanced arena shooter with persistent stats, like battlefield
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #193649

Been playing thea the awakening and cities skylines after the steam sale.

Thea the awakening: Has a pretty slow start make sure to attract dwarves, they require unlocking gold and building designs that use a chunk of metal but goodness me they are like twice as strong and durable as humans going by the smiths I have gotten so far, give em hammers so their damage overflows to another enemy. You are unlikely to get much good at alternate combat other than hunting and tactics early on.

Cities skylines: Really neat game key it is to good in mind you probably want to put the wider roads everywhere as 2 lanes upgrade to jack shit but you can interchange all the types of 6 and 4 lane. The tier unlock system is a pain and I can't wait to turn it off once I have a few chievos. Really calm game got the major dlcs on sale too so eh snow nights whatevs. Wish there was some way to abort uncompleted bus lanes since it can get so spaghetti you can't seem to interact with some of them.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #193680

I've been playing the new DOOM since it went on sale on Steam. Probably one of the best games I've played in a long time. It's incredibly fun to just fuck shit up everywhere and not have to think about shit.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #193701

Not gotten to internal train routes yet.
Holy shit I fucked up with this bus station I thought a nice central location for my 6 road with bus lane system to converge would work fine now there is a constant congestion in the bus lane to get into the station and I put the depot on the same city block and now the buses go all the way around the block congested to get into their station ugh.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #193952

aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #193957

Incomptinence wrote:Not gotten to internal train routes yet.
Holy shit I fucked up with this bus station I thought a nice central location for my 6 road with bus lane system to converge would work fine now there is a constant congestion in the bus lane to get into the station and I put the depot on the same city block and now the buses go all the way around the block congested to get into their station ugh.
my public transit was pretty good. You gotta use buses on the outskirts of residential areas. Have them take the bus to bigger roads with subways/trains. The trick is to not have your buses take the highway.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #193982

Pokemon Go

As of last night before sleeping I owned every gym on the main road of this mountain town and I'm leaving today to go home and own every gym there

As long as it actually has shit, anyway

Knowing my luck there is probably nothing there at all
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #194101

EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #194105

Takeguru wrote:Pokemon Go

As of last night before sleeping I owned every gym on the main road of this mountain town and I'm leaving today to go home and own every gym there

As long as it actually has shit, anyway

Knowing my luck there is probably nothing there at all
I just installed it waiting for the work day to end and apparently my office is a Gym.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #194143

Haha nevermind I guess I should just uninstall it

No nearby pokemon, no gyms, one pokestop and it's 2miles away, nothing on the road leading here and it's a 30 mile road

This game is actually dead to me
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #194276

Takeguru wrote:Haha nevermind I guess I should just uninstall it

No nearby pokemon, no gyms, one pokestop and it's 2miles away, nothing on the road leading here and it's a 30 mile road

This game is actually dead to me
The current sad state of "video games", oh I'm sorry... "apps".
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #194955

FFXIV is pretty great. The systems in it aren't radically different from other games but they're all fun, each class has a pretty unique flavor and a mechanic to it that is neat.

Eg. The starting Thaumaturge (precursor to Black Mage) juggles fire and ice elements to change between two modes. Ice mode refreshes your MP super fast and favors debilitating spells while fire mode makes your aggro spells cost more but in exchange makes them do ridiculous damage.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #194960

Finished System Shock yesterday, good times were had, got used to the controls after awhile. (thanks mouse look mod!)

Now I'm going to play System Shock 2:Cruise Control, then maybe the Bioshock games after.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #194961

An0n3 wrote:FFXIV is pretty great. The systems in it aren't radically different from other games but they're all fun, each class has a pretty unique flavor and a mechanic to it that is neat.

Eg. The starting Thaumaturge (precursor to Black Mage) juggles fire and ice elements to change between two modes. Ice mode refreshes your MP super fast and favors debilitating spells while fire mode makes your aggro spells cost more but in exchange makes them do ridiculous damage.
If you're doing black mage, go through the effort to get Archer(the other class in the composite of BM) into the thirties to maximize your capabilities with the class with cross class abilities. Once you get up to 34 though, Fire III comes into play and it's only a matter of time before your rotation becomes complete.

THe gameplay is pretty much like other games, but it's definitely quite polished and smooth. Refined. It's the same old crap, but hell if it ain't very polished possibly gold plated turd. It's just fun to play as bizarre as that is.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #194988

Tanking in this game is fun as fuck. Maybe I've just never played tank roles enough in other games but I'm having a fucking blast yanking all this aggro and making sure I'm always one step ahead of the DPS maniacs in my party and that my healer is nice and safe.

There's so much cool shit to do. Some weird stuff I've never seen before. Cover lets me just take damage in place of someone else, so if the DPS is really burning it up I can just tank through him for a moment while he goes off...alternatively it let's me dive infront of a bullet in case something goes wrong and someone else is about to die. Convalescence is something I've never seen before, a buff that just makes healing spells cast on me more effective (my own as well as others).

Borrowing moves from other classes I took Bloodlust from Marauder so when our ability to heal is getting outpaced and I don't want to stop pulling aggro to cure myself I can just hit than and get HP back by swapping to off DPS.

It just feels really good. There's tech here I haven't played with in other games. Maybe I just didn't notice it but there's a really strong synergy between classes going on in this game that ends up being really involved and fun to play. There's so much shit to see on the screen and I'm watching all these aggro meters, my own HP, zones, adds, etc. This is the most active gameplay I've ever had in an MMO. Most are just rotating your cooldowns and swapping targets sometimes.

Even just little shit like "Oh fuck adds after my WHM" and I provoke + shield toss to bonk that fucker like Captain America and turn them around is really cool. Both of those abilities also have uses outside of that interaction but the way they can come together as an answer to a certain situation plays out across most of the stuff you can do.

In addition I think this game has the best armor designs of any MMO I've ever played. I'm constantly stopping to examine fucking everyone around me because the shit they have looks so cool. This is a set I managed to piece together by grinding a dungeon and it's just a crappy level 32 set but it sure looks rad.
CavalrySet.png
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #194990

Also crafting and gathering blows every other game away, bar none.

You could play this game and never level a battlefield class and still have a fuckton of stuff to do, engaging gameplay as well as a spot in most free companies. I was goldsmithing earlier and had to stop because I had filled up my retainers market and my own inventory with created goods that are all waiting to sell now and I was upset that I couldn't keep going, to the point where I was considering just throwing out some of the stuff that wouldn't sell for as much and creating more.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #195029

You get a very good gear set at level 50 but you also unlock the ability to cast the appearance of gear onto other gear, so save that set if you like its looks.

This is a Final Fantasy game, no way you're gonna want to look like every other shmuck at level 50.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #195036

tanking is gods way of giving you a reach around as a sort of payback for all the evil things hes done to you

god fucking bless
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #195040

After finishing Shadow of Mordor, It's time for next "game I couldn't play when it came out because of shit computer": Wolfenstein New Order. While I don't like quite a few things about it (Blazkowicz being muh tragical hero, robodogs), it's a damn solid shooter.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #195061

Still playing the warsword conquest mod for mount and blade. This time i am going full knights, my army is mostly brettonian but with a few Reiksguard and blazing sun knights from empire troops, as well as some pistoliers. Started my own faction by opportunisticly going to war with civs that were already getting their asses kicked, making Sir Aristide one of my lords and marrying in to a big wood elf family to get some good allies. At this point I have taken almost all of Tilia and Estallia from the Pirate kingdom who is now destroyed, and we are going to war with the Orcs. I am trying to stop the orc kingdom and goblin kingdom from completely wiping out the dorfs, but the goblins for whatever reason did really well and took a fuckload of land so i am not really ready to fight them yet. Poor dorfs have only one castle and one city left.

Grail Knights 2stronk
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #195158

>marrying an elf in Warhammer
Enjoy never having children ye species traitor.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #195161

It was a political marriage dude, i needed dem knife ears to finish conqoring notspain
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #195167

Don't buy necropolis, it's not worth the money
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #195283

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Don't buy necropolis, it's not worth the money
Thanks for confirming. It doesn't look worth $30.

Sorry you had to be the guinea pig
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #195392

Got into Warframe again. Behold my super edgelord satanic Oberon.
Spoiler:
Now I just need cleavers to complete the butcher look.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #195395

An0n3 wrote:

I pirated it luckily, for a game that advertises it as "so hard ur gonna die lel!" it was extremely easy and i beat it on my first playthrough, very embarassing very sad very
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #195408

TechnoAlchemist wrote:
An0n3 wrote:

I pirated it luckily, for a game that advertises it as "so hard ur gonna die lel!" it was extremely easy and i beat it on my first playthrough, very embarassing very sad very
Pirated it too, though I didn't beat it. I did one run and got tired of it pretty quickly. It's like it's trying to be Dark Souls but it just doesn't feel responsive enough. There really isn't much of a feeling of impact with weapons or even getting hit for that matter. Maybe its better when playing with a controller but the default controls are awkward as fuck. It seems like there's a heavy emphasis on dodging considering shields don't completely block damage but it's bound to v which makes dodging in certain directions kind of awkward. Would have been a lot better if they had it bound to the same key as sprinting and having it so if you just hit shift you dodge and if you hold it, you sprint.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #195464

$30 is half Dark Souls 3 in price but the game looks like only 1/10th Dark Souls 3 in gameplay so i would buy it for $6.

2016 is the year of developers trying to sell indie games at big box prices.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #195468

An0n3 wrote:$30 is half Dark Souls 3 in price but the game looks like only 1/10th Dark Souls 3 in gameplay so i would buy it for $6.

2016 is the year of developers trying to sell indie games at big box prices.
It's a cool concept but horribly executed. If they can salvage it and turn it into something that's actually good then fuck yeah I'd buy it. I'd gladly drop $30 for a Dark Souls roguelike with real co-op. As it is right now though it feels more like an early beta rather than a finished product.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #195473

Still running Fallout 2, restoration patch and everything.
Got to Vault 13 after doing my Navarro run, gonna hit 10 in every stat except Endurance shortly.
Now returning to Navarro to shoot Schreber in the face, free Xarn and double-check whether that particular bug was fixed. Nobody's touching my husbando.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #195523

Just shooting it up on BF4, which I got a month ago for cheap as chips. Never bothered to get it before since it was just a BF3 reskin. It's alreet, but it's not BF2. Also playing Naval Action on and off, mostly just crafting new ships as a pierat.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #195530

Decided to play through Dark Messiah and fuck around with it a bit. Found a bug I hadn't run into before
> town where you meet Lienna
> see crow on the ground, kick it.
> kick its corpse along as I'm following Lienna through the gates
> next level
> crow's corpse is in the guest room you wake up in

I like to think Sareth was just sort of carrying it around while meeting with Leanna's uncle like some sort of pet.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #195531

Doing a full frontal assault on Navarro is so much fun and a really good optional endgame challenge to use all your badass strength. I first did it on my charisma sniper char. It was me vic and cassidy all decked out in power armor with gauss rifles, sulik in power armor with a super sledge, Myron in power armor with a gauss pistol I think and Marcus with a laser gating gun. It was fucking glorious
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #195536

Comrade Leo wrote:Never bothered to get it before since it was just a BF3 reskin..
The gunplay is much better in 4 than 3.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #195540

Wyzack wrote:Doing a full frontal assault on Navarro is so much fun and a really good optional endgame challenge to use all your badass strength. I first did it on my charisma sniper char. It was me vic and cassidy all decked out in power armor with gauss rifles, sulik in power armor with a super sledge, Myron in power armor with a gauss pistol I think and Marcus with a laser gating gun. It was fucking glorious
>myron

Anyway, yeah, I'll do that once I've done everything else, notably getting 10 in every stat except Endurance and levelling Big Guns far enough.
Then it's time to pack Goris, Marcus, and whoever else I feel like and smash shit up.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #195543

Be aware, any companions who cannot wear power armor (goris and Marcus especially) die really fucking easily
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #195551

Why, that's what save-scums, skills and stimpacks are for.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #195553

My favorite thing to do when i reached critical badass power in fallout 2 was to go to the Bishops Casino in Reno, kill literally everyone there except bishops banging wife and as much of the service staff as possible, and claim it as my new home base. Leave a couple comapnions at the door as bouncer, get the rest scattered around inside, and use it as my base of operations as I go completing all the quests i neglected early game
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #195565

I never shot up New Reno.
I just offed everyone except Orville quietly.
I'm also forever a virgin, just like real life.

I did wreck Vault City, though, because fuck Lynette.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #195573

> not cucking bishop before shooting him in the face and toppling his criminal empire

It's like you don't even rep the Wright family
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #195575

I'm too pure for that shit.
Spoiler:
I mean I'd totally bang Goris, but there's no option for that.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #195645

Okay, so, doubleposteroni.
But.

Fallout 2's RNG is officially worse than BYOND's. I took four critical hits in succession, then missed three >80% strikes in a row.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #195671

got dragged into payday again. amused by my bud who calls himself "The Cocaine Bear", wearing a bear mask and the heaviest armor while carrying a minigun.

He was our muscle.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #195680

I do pretty much the same, except with a dinosaur mask.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #195682

YEa, I've been juggling between working on a Mastermind or Ghost build. Trying to be a sneaky medic. Using Jacket with the Don Juan mask, with the Rogue Deck for some reason.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #195919

Gotta learn how to fly those planes and what tactics work for each one. Beaufighter is a sweep in, take some shots and sweep out. You have more energy than fighters, but you turn for shit. Zero in on your target, fire in range, fly the fuck away. Don't bother trying to reengage, beau is a opportunist. Same with hurricane to some extent, it's also a damn good interceptor. You won't get a sense of proper dogfighting till you grab the Spitfires.

Bombers different kettle of fish, start high, dive in on your target, let your momentum carry you back up. Never chose bomber at start of the map unless you in something heavy like the yank bombers, you're an immediate target.

Brits are hard to play to begin with, (japs are worse to begin with) everything is better. Once you hit the Spits though your attitude will change.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #195925

And when in doubt, your shitty low end plane can kill literally everything else* by ramming them

*Tanks not included
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #195935

Yeah actually it can't, if the mass of enemy is larger.

Brit planes can outclimb everyone, so use that to your advantage and sideclimb.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #195938

Decided to replay mess effect from the beginning again. Forgot how much i enjoyed the first one
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #195944

The first one was okay, but needed polish.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: