What are you nerds playing?

Talk about video games here
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: What are you faggots playing?

Post by cedarbridge » #346354

Bottom post of the previous page:

My new phone upgrade has made my obsessive Eternal grinding possible even away from my computer.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #346360

XSI wrote:Why WoW?
Because I needed a multiplayer game to play.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #346376

Lumbermancer wrote:
XSI wrote:Why WoW?
Because I needed a multiplayer game to play.
Play Wurm with us you faggot.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #346577

I play MMO's exclusively for PvP.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #346594

Why don't you play a proper competitive game instead of "my numbers are better than yours" game?
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #346600

Malkevin wrote:Why don't you play a proper competitive game instead of "my numbers are better than yours" game?
have you tried not gatekeeping the shit out of somebody having fun doing something they enjoy
Limey wrote:its too late.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #346602

Malkevin wrote:Why don't you play a proper competitive game instead of "my numbers are better than yours" game?
listen up you green dicked gremlin fuck

i can tell you've never played wow because that's EXACTLY the type of shit someone who never even tried PvP or PvE to any high level would say.

Old wow was complex as fuck.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #346610

ColonicAcid wrote:

i can tell you've never played wow because that's EXACTLY the type of shit someone who never even tried PvP or PvE to any high level would say.

if you think about it every game is "my numbers are better than yours", like csgo - your aim is located on the correct xyz position and your bullets land on the enemy
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #346613

Qbopper wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote:

if you think about it every game is "my numbers are better than yours", like csgo - your aim is located on the correct xyz position and your bullets land on the enemy
Yeah, and SS13 your click is located on a computer with the best ping to the server :^)
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #346654

it's sarcasm all the way down
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #346672

I'm too old and frail for proper competitive games.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #346686

Qbopper wrote:
have you tried not gatekeeping the shit out of somebody having fun doing something they enjoy
Have you not butting in on the ribbing between two old fags?

Or just generally getting offended on others behalfs like that cunt from the Simpson's?

Lumbermancer wrote:
I'm too old and frail for proper competitive games.
See I thought that too until I tried black squad, battle field, cs again
Still pwning the pubies and coming top of the leader board

Granted I can't do the long sessions or the proper league stuff anymore, my reflexes have dulled over the years
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #346702

>Pvp
>WoW

My experiences with that was that it was always a shitshow
But then I did quit before the first expansion
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #346713

Malkevin wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
Have you not butting in on the ribbing between two old fags?

Or just generally getting offended on others behalfs like that cunt from the Simpson's?
it's not exactly easy to distinguish "ribbing between two oldfags" and "I'm going to attack this guy over nothing like half the people on the forums do" when I don't know you that well
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #346755

Then maybe sit back and realise your purple name tag doesn't give you an all seeing eye.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #346775

XSI wrote:>Pvp
>WoW

My experiences with that was that it was always a shitshow
But then I did quit before the first expansion
I just played Alterac Valley. Single match could last 3 hours of pulling and pushing. Shit was so cash.
XSI

Post by XSI » #346803

I remember when negative resistances was a thing and I played warlock
16k damage crit shadowbolts were amusing. Instantly killed everything except the tankyest of warriors at the time

That amused me a lot at the time
Also 3 hour+ queues for that same valley
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #346807

I miss AV from when it was good.

You could log in after going to sleep and it'd still be the same match that you fell asleep playing.

They REALLY dumbed it down to the point it's not even recognizable anymore. Nobody does anything on the map besides immediately zerg rush the other team's leader to win as fast as possible.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #346953

lntigracy wrote:I miss AV from when it was good.

You could log in after going to sleep and it'd still be the same match that you fell asleep playing.

They REALLY dumbed it down to the point it's not even recognizable anymore. Nobody does anything on the map besides immediately zerg rush the other team's leader to win as fast as possible.
Well this doesn't bode well for my future subscriber status.
XSI

Post by XSI » #347073

People will powergame to maximize their rewards

That's kind of a given in every game
I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV and I've been to dungeons where the rest of the group went ahead and finished the entire thing while I was in the cutscenes with the boss introducing himself. The dungeon almost timed out before the cutscenes finished
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #347083

XSI wrote:People will powergame to maximize their rewards

That's kind of a given in every game
I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV and I've been to dungeons where the rest of the group went ahead and finished the entire thing while I was in the cutscenes with the boss introducing himself. The dungeon almost timed out before the cutscenes finished

Yeah, this is exactly what happens in wow right now, in all dungeons (before like latest expansion I guess). It doesn't bother me, since I've seen them all and just want to level. But if I was a new player it'd be really lame. New player experience is really shit right now.
XSI

Post by XSI » #347121

CosmicScientist wrote:I forget, do shared dungeons in MMOs usually let that happen or do they end the cutscene as soon as someone else does?

I can't recall what GW2 does...
In FFXIV, the cutscene goes on until you personally cancel it or it ends
I've had it happen that I watched 3 cutscenes without getting to do anything because the group advanced the dungeon to the next cutscene before I finished the last one
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #347278

The XIV devs stopped putting multiple 5-minute long cutscenes in the middle of dungeons because of that.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
XSI

Post by XSI » #347328

Yeah, those old dungeons never got them changed though

And with power levels going up every time a new update or expansion comes out those old dungeons just get easier
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #347523

Why is link so cute?
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #347556

EOV TOMORROW
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #347566

Doki Doki Literature Club
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #347582

i made the mistake of letting someone convince me to pick up spore
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #347589

Spore was basically what No Man's Sky is now, except it had a few minigames when it launched and it never actually got updates (beyond an expensive broken expansion).
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #347635

Spore was fun
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #347656

For 5 minutes
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #347688

Malkevin wrote:For 5 minutes
No.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #347690

well i tried my darndest to make deathclaws

except they turned out to be really tiny and the game's editor sucks so bad that among the many features it's missing is one to upscale the whole damn thing

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #347694

DemonFiren wrote:well i tried my darndest to make deathclaws

except they turned out to be really tiny and the game's editor sucks so bad that among the many features it's missing is one to upscale the whole damn thing
Wrong.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #347699

i read the fucking manual and thus posit that you're full of shit until proven otherwise

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #347700

>he actually thinks spore was not a gimmick game that lost its luster after about 30 minutes of playing it

i know some people who are as special as you are friend.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #347706

it's the only game that lets me have muslizards though
fanatical uprising best method of conquest

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #347798

yes, the building editor is where i eventually gave up and quit
along with parts of the vehicle editor, it's so hard to build a good mech in this game especially because there's a pair of mech legs that look like they ought to attach to the goddamn underside but you can't do that and you can't translate individual limbs and aaaaa
also because it didn't really matter what you put on your vehicles, at least the military ones, because all the attacks looked more or less the same

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #347835

i can't even tell if this is bait

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #347853

I think i played one or two galactic adventures that were okay. I was but a younge childe when i was actively playing spore, so I made tons of massive land battles starring my main galactic empire which was really fun to do. By the time I hit late endgame space stage I had created several incredibly powerful allied empires right near the grox by helping them conquer lots of land and had built a safe bridge of fortress planets from my territory to the galactic center.

I never did find sol though, what happens when you get there?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #347854

Wyzack wrote: I never did find sol though, what happens when you get there?
Nothing too exciting, you get progress towards a badge for finding easter egg type systems the devs put in.

You also get an achievement if you blow up the earth with a planet destroying weapon.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #347861

Spore :)
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #347874

CosmicScientist wrote:I'm not sure if they did anything special for sol besides having 9 planets (were there gas giants in the game?) and earth probably being shaped right but I assume with no-one on it.

Also shush freg, you're too young to have played it.

DemonFiren wrote:i can't even tell if this is bait
I was agreeing with you about the attacks being the same and the devs probably being super lazy by making everything self propelled artillery.

Then I was remembering that I never looked at the vehicles I made, not because they looked uglier than an orc up close but because at no point did I need to zoom it.
Don't even say this, I powergamed spore so hard. For example when going into tribal stage you can stack the spitter things and decimate all the tribes early from range. It's pretty great! I really liked going the middle path during the cell, creature and maybe tribal stage as they had some neat bonuses but after that it really doesn't seem that worth it. A good example is that, in the space stage, if you go warlike you can usually use great weapons to beat people and if you're peaceful you can terraform planets and make people love you, that's fantastic. The middle path seems like it doesn't do much though, I never really understood it. You sell things, I guess? Doesn't seem that amazing but last time I played spore was eons ago.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #347878

The middle one was trade based iirc. You could buy out other civilizations' star systems instead on conquoring them or w/e
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #348349

I liked destroying worlds by terraforming then to be uninhabitable.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #348372

When I was in grade school there was a kid who only talked about pre 70s movies and did a presentation on spore
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #348376

unpopular opinion alert
Spoiler:
i liked spore
ive also been looking for a new time sink mmo to play and since everyone and their mother is playing warframe recently ive come back to that after many years.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348392

Deitus wrote:unpopular opinion alert
Spoiler:
i liked spore
ive also been looking for a new time sink mmo to play and since everyone and their mother is playing warframe recently ive come back to that after many years.
So come play Wurm with us.
XSI

Post by XSI » #348394

Wurm is a decent timesink, if nothing else
Do that
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #348414

Spore would have been so much better without the "cute" camp that was part of the development team.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
XSI

Post by XSI » #348436

People hate and complain about spore because of how it was brought to us, with marketing and hype for all sorts of things
A great all-ages and evolution spanning game that would see your own race do their own thing, with every playthrough unique

Instead we got googly eyes on amoebas, over half the expected features cut and a binary "good pacifist" route or "evil conquerers" route that has no replayability and barely any gameplay