Electronic 3 Group Chat

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Electronic 3 Group Chat

Post by Timbrewolf » #188920

Bottom post of the previous page:

Co-op pls co-op I just want to co-op with my friends.

This will be so sick if you can work together to build your own faction up out of nothing over the course of the game with your bro's. Leading your own Robert's Rebellion with your warbro's just fucking everything up.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189033

The issue with a co-op mount and blade is mostly the way time progression works. While i think it would be pretty simple to have the clock always ticking down even when your army is standing still it would be hard to reconcile map time with battle time (which is instantaneous on the world map as long as a player is involved) and deal with how new parties arriving to an existing conflict would work if it is all in real time.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #189359

I'd assume that the co-op would just let the 2nd plus players play as the various levelable companions you can recruit, not command armies of their own.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #189362

Co-op would certainly be difficult

Can't imagine how it would work outside of letting you all command the same army as drynwyn said.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #189364

excuse me i am not a citrus, my name gets capitalized.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #189371

Forcing other people to pause so someone can do a thing is really only an issue in competitive games. If you're playing co-op it shouldn't be so bad to just make the concession that your buddy is doing a thing, so hold on a minute.

Also like dryn said it's totally possible to just throw other players into the battlefield as random fighters so you're not just staring at a paused screen the entire time. Hey, play as this random cavalryman and help me run these bandits down before you go back to feasting with some other lords.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #189555

That could work. Or make them be in the same army and run around together.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS