The Surge: Sci Fi Dark Souls

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

The Surge: Sci Fi Dark Souls

Post by Timbrewolf » #192704

I don't think we have a thread for this?

http://www.thesurge-game.com/

Dark Souls goes robits. From the makers of Lords of the Fallen, which was decent but kinda glitchy. The art direction looks really good and I'd probably play this just to wander around and look at their world design and other art assets. Not sure how it's going to handle systems and PVP and builds and all that jazz.

[youtube]KF3Va83K6wI[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: The Surge: Sci Fi Dark Souls

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #192711

I got my fill of souls during the last good souls game, ds2. I'm tired of everything trying to crib souls or being described as the dark souls of blank. Standing on your head while shitting is the dark souls of diarrhea, but that doesn't make it enjoyable.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #192713

Standing on your head while shitting is the dark souls of diarrhea, but that doesn't make it enjoyable.
No it's the expressions on Mrs. Galardi's 1st grade class when you do.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #192716

An0n3 wrote:
Standing on your head while shitting is the dark souls of diarrhea, but that doesn't make it enjoyable.
No it's the expressions on Mrs. Galardi's 1st grade class when you do.
I would ask for a story, but no facts could compare to the events playing out in my head.

On topic: It has my attention, but Lords of the Fallen was rather lacking in level design, which IMO is what really made Dark Souls what it was, far moreso than the actual mechanics.
Last edited by Drynwyn on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #192718

This is interesting to me, i heard a couple rumors that FromSoft was actually planning on working on a Sci-fi title next, unrelated to the dark souls franchise but possibly having some of the same "soul" (badum tish) I wonder if it will shake out something like this
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster