Post by cedarbridge » #127462

Bottom post of the previous page:

Why is Muffet so perfect?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Undertale

Post by Zilenan91 » #127464

I love how the merchants in genocide run are the only monsters still left in town since they know they can't be killed.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127475

Remie Richards wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:Image
0/10 improper capitalisation, literally the worst
You can do Papyrus' captalisation, but you can't do Sans' as the first letter is autocapssed so I just ignored both for the pic.
You're a coder. You can probably find a way around it.

Failing that, PHOOOTOOOSHOOOP.

There is no excuse for not avoiding offending my aesthetic sensibilities.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #127483

Holy shit. Asgore's theme fits entirely too well with literally everything.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #127493

Undertale admin gimmick when? I want to have a bad time.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #127517

DrPillzRedux wrote:Undertale admin gimmick when? I want to have a bad time.
I'll spawn myself in as the main character and kill everyone.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #127525

Next time I get traitor I'll get an agent card, voice changer and chameleon projector and disguise as the clown's water flower and wander around the station as Flowey, murdering everyone I can.

"Howdy! You look new around here. Want some important advice? Alright! Ị̸̪̬̮ͫ̅ͣn̖̒ͮͬ͌̍ ͥ͏̥̰̜t̢̥̱̦̺ͤ͂̏h͞i͑̎̏̆̏̈́͏̰s̱̠͈̜̮̼̀̓̃̄̉̆ͅ ͎̪̙ͫ̎ͅw̸̯̬̳͇̠ͅö̜́̔̎ͭ͜ŗl̳̣͇͈͎̃̔͋̀ͯͫ̇d̎ͩ͂,̗̝͍́ ͖̻͎͎̣͢ͅi̱͕̹̹̞̿ͤ̒̌̀t̡͔̅͗ͮͥ̎ͩ'̵̩̱̉ͮ́s͛̌̓̚͏̦̱͉͚ ̝͙̘̪̣̺̋k͈̩̞͊͘i̺̘͎͕̪̗͛͛ͯͩl̲̜͔̬l̡͂̏ ̨͇͈̙̪̮o̸̝̳̮̘ͤ̊̏̓r̘͇̳̫̪̽̅̅͛̈̈́̈ͅ ̡̳̟̗̦̜͚ͅb̩͉̈́ͫ̇͜è̥͖̝̮͎ͅ ̴͍̰͌͂̈́ͬͦ́̃ͅk͑̅͒̿ͨͧi͒ͬͥ͋͑̓̕l͏͎͚̫̝l͈̹̰̗͓̖̓̓͝ͅe͈̞̰̮̦͔̱ͨ̾ͫḍ̽ͬ͒̒͂̏.̜̯̘̣̪ͨ͛ͬ̆"
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #127558

cedarbridge wrote:Holy shit. Asgore's theme fits entirely too well with literally everything.
[youtube]kQ4GQSyMNEM[/youtube]
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #127560

Also, I'm really glad that I never listened to Hopes and Dreams before finishing my True Pacifist run. The song hits way harder now because it takes me back to that whole ending sequence.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127569

His Theme had the feels for me, more than Hopes and Dreams. Then again, same person, same motif.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
LA MAYONESA
Byond Username: LA MAYONESA

Post by LA MAYONESA » #127572

is it possible to hide entire people's posts you dont want to see? or was that on the last forum. as in select a person and make it so you can't see any of their posts

anyways
Spoiler:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #127573

DemonFiren wrote:His Theme had the feels for me, more than Hopes and Dreams. Then again, same person, same motif.
They're usually played together. Like both parts of Asgore's theme.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #127736

the fight with sans is fucking insane
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #127740

[youtube]AQ69kBP7uok[/youtube]
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #127741

Ikarrus wrote:snip
All those metal remixes are marvellous. The megalovania one, especially.
Mime: Depresso
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #127745

Ricotez wrote:the fight with sans is fucking insane
Spoiler:
Now go back and do it again, and then spare him at the end.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #127749

before I can do it again I have to win it once
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #127762

Ricotez wrote:before I can do it again I have to win it once
Spoiler:
Sometimes kids like you just need to learn when to QUIT
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #127804

Okay, so i beat it finally, and i didn't get the true ending. I didn't kill a single person either. Is there something i missed?
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #127805

Spoiler:
Depends, on your first play though you only get the neutural ending no matter how many or few people you kill (sans the genocide route). The true ending comes from playing the game a second time on a pacifist route.

Also you have to befriend Papyrus, Undyine and Alphys.
Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #127812

Steelpoint wrote:
Spoiler:
Depends, on your first play though you only get the neutural ending no matter how many or few people you kill (sans the genocide route). The true ending comes from playing the game a second time on a pacifist route.

Also you have to befriend Papyrus, Undyine and Alphys.
i JUST figured it out a moment after writing my last post.
Spoiler:
i cried.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #127831

Spoiler:
you CAN get the true ending on your first playthrough, but you have to get the neutral ending first, then reload your save and walk all the way back to the hotel (use the elevators)

around there you'll get a phone call from Undyne that starts the sidequests that let you befriend Alphys and get the true end

of course this assumes that you still obtained the conditions for pacifist in your playthrough, so you're Best Buds with Papyrus and Undyne, and didn't kill anyone
Spoiler:
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #127836

kill everyone
kill them all
kill the flower
kill the mother monster
kill the king
kill papyrus
kill sans
all dead no hope death to monsters long live humans
I play Boris Pepper.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127843

>implying Chara is human

Disgusting.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #127881

DemonFiren wrote:>implying Chara is human

Disgusting.
Spoiler:
Chara did nothing wrong.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127883

That's actually the entire point, Chara doing everything right.

By RPG standards.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #127911

Bluespace wrote:kill papyrus
Spoiler:
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #127923

DemonFiren wrote:That's actually the entire point, Chara doing everything right.

By RPG standards.
fixed
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127926

I must pelt you with goatmom nudes until you repent.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #127928

oh god why, i dont even own this game and it's invading my dreams with what little gameplay i have seen. It's like there is a echo flower whispering in my ear to buy this game and sacrifice a week of my life to play it hardcore.

Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127934

Do what you want cos Undertale exists DRM-free, you are a responsible person with ten bucks who supports the creator!

(Not as catchy.)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #127975

FantasticFwoosh wrote:oh god why, i dont even own this game and it's invading my dreams with what little gameplay i have seen. It's like there is a echo flower whispering in my ear to buy this game and sacrifice a week of my life to play it hardcore.
Do it. Get this game. I didn't think much about it, then I played it.

Now, I can't stop looking for content related to it.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127976

I stopped looking.

I saw horrifying things.

I need to look for less horrifying things.

And find more horrifying things.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #127980

cedarbridge wrote:Holy shit. Asgore's theme fits entirely too well with literally everything.
I think you're on to something

http://youtubedoubler.com/gIah

http://youtubedoubler.com/gIa7

http://youtubedoubler.com/gIag

http://youtubedoubler.com/gIaj

http://youtubedoubler.com/gIbs
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127983

Asgore is the new Guile, confirmed.

Anyway, have a dog.
Spoiler:

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #127990

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
invisty

Post by invisty » #127997

Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #128029

What the fuck are Temmies? are they cats? dogs? rabbits? God damn their annoying hyper fucking text speak. Fucking Hoi! and Tems and their stupid history that doesn't make any god damned sense and their shitty understanding of how money works. I want ten.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #128038

Spoiler:
invisty

Post by invisty » #128039

want tem plush take money plz?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #128042

Tem plushies are not outside the realm of possibilities, WhatPumpkin sells plushies too and Toby has connections there
Spoiler:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #128108

Ricotez wrote:Tem plushies are not outside the realm of possibilities, WhatPumpkin sells plushies too and Toby has connections there
Wont' be the same if their faces don't quiver in autistic joy.
Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #128123

Spoiler:
anyone else notice, that when you fight flowy on the first neutral path, when you fight human souls he's taken, the attacks he uses resemble the weapon found in the game (with the exception of the dagger and stick) They also appear in the order of when you found them and the order of when the humans fell into the underground. light-blue; toy knife, orange; tough glove, purple; torn notebook, blue; ballet shoe, green; frying pan, yellow; empty gun. Supposedly, these items belonged to the previous humans that fell into the underground. Also, apparently the stick represents you, but i haven't found anything to suggest that.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #128129

Cuboos wrote:
Spoiler:
anyone else notice, that when you fight flowy on the first neutral path, when you fight human souls he's taken, the attacks he uses resemble the weapon found in the game (with the exception of the dagger and stick) They also appear in the order of when you found them and the order of when the humans fell into the underground. light-blue; toy knife, orange; tough glove, purple; torn notebook, blue; ballet shoe, green; frying pan, yellow; empty gun. Supposedly, these items belonged to the previous humans that fell into the underground. Also, apparently the stick represents you, but i haven't found anything to suggest that.
Spoiler:
"the order of when the humans fell into the underground" isn't actually substantiated in any way. There's no actual indication that the items belonged to anyone particular. For all we know, all of them belonged to Chara or none of them ever belonged to a human at all.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #128132

cedarbridge wrote:
Cuboos wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
"the order of when the humans fell into the underground" isn't actually substantiated in any way. There's no actual indication that the items belonged to anyone particular. For all we know, all of them belonged to Chara or none of them ever belonged to a human at all.
Maybe so, but even the wiki suggests otherwise.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #128141

Wikis are community edited and so are often likely to reflect whatever the most prevailing fan-theory is.
Spoiler:
I don't think they all belonged to the same person, and the fact that the items correspond to Flowey's soul attacks means we can pretty safely assume they didn't, but that's still an assumption and we can't make any assumptions at all about whether their order is important or not.
People would say that the stick represents you because it's what you have equipped when you arrive, just as the other weapons were what other people used.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #128148

it's so heavily implied with the symbolism of the soul attacks that I'm almost certain that's what's going on

also gives you an idea of how far each kid got, toy knife ribbon didn't even make it past the ruins

anyway, apparently there are a LOT of hints going on (both in-game and out of game) that there will be future updates. there's some content still unfinished.
Spoiler:
I am personally hoping for a proper hardmode with a real Mettaton NEO battle
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #128152

I honestly don't think there will be.
I know people really want more stuff, but it's my opinion that a lot of it is just stuff that didn't get finished and was eventually dropped as not worth the time.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #128153

it depends on what Toby is going to do, in that interview with GameInformer he mentioned he also has ideas for other games

I can rest in peace knowing that even if all of his future games suck at least the soundtracks will be good

by the way, I hate to breach the subject of Homestuck just because Toby was connected to that (because I know how much some of you hate it), but I had some thoughts about the nature of SBURB (the "video game" the main characters play in Homestuck) when you compare it to Undertale
Spoiler:
one of the "twists" that we find out later in Homestuck is that it's actually possible to play SBURB as a pacifist, demonstrated by Tavros and Gamzee who befriended the imps rather than fight them. it even goes so far that you can strike a deal with your denizen (the final boss of your particular area) rather than fight them.

and then there are people like Vriska who don't care about the backstory or friendly approaches and practically genocide their way through to become the strongest

I think that SBURB and Undertale share some core concepts on the deconstruction of RPGs, but Undertale executed them better because it's actually a game
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #128161

Its oft best to end a story at the height of its popularity, instead of turning it into something people resent.

Look at Seinfield, it was at the height of its popularity when the show ended. Years later people remember it for being a great show, not for dragging out too long.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #128164

I doubt Toby will ever make a sequel to Undertale, for this simple reason:
Spoiler:
in his battle, sans says he stopped caring about going to the surface because he knows that even if they manage to get there and live happily ever after, sooner or later you will reset the timeline and undo everything

a sequel would completely ruin that little piece of brilliant fridge horror
Spoiler: