Dwarf Fortress

Talk about video games here
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Re: Dwarf Fortress

Post by Kraso » #21461

Bottom post of the previous page:

srifenbyxp wrote:Not using any mods at all.

I have over 100 drink and just survived my 1st winter along with the dreaded weareghoper / human. For some reason my Sheriff of whom has a crossbow wrassled the enemy to death when he had a crossbow in hand and bolts toggled.
it's a bug, is your game not in 40.04
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #21581

its 40.4
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #21661

maybe his striking was better than his hammer skills (crossbows use hammer skill for melee)?
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #21689

srifenbyxp wrote: 20 reserved empty barrels
Don't reserve them. Last I checked, what that means is you're saying "Don't use these barrels for anything except storage in this stockpile". Well since they're stored in the stockpile, your dwarves can't pick them up and use them to brew. Unreserve them and see if your problem goes away.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #21730

well regardless im good on food and materials as far as it goes. Right now im wondering if my bridge is the cause of why the wagon skipped pass my fort, unless this tower cap thing is the cause of it.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #21821

There's a button that lets you see if the caravan can reach trade depot. I think it's like P or something, but it should be listed on the main screen
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #21825

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:There's a button that lets you see if the caravan can reach trade depot. I think it's like P or something, but it should be listed on the main screen
it's D
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #21903

Found the problem out, fucking cave-ins, cave-ins ERR WHERE. Bad enough it doesn't give a better icon on where it actually is. So after multipul cave-ins I disabled it entirely because i've spent more time patching up holes than building my 3x3 7/7 water mote with a central tower/gate leading to my fortress laced with traps on the exterior and inside my hallway to my central keep a second mote/draw bridge with at the end of the hallway 3x3 stacked ballista with iron arrows.

I've pretty much got shit locked down with a pop of 96 and fended off a fuck ton of were-creature attacks and watch a single axe dwarf in steel gear robust the fuck out of a goblin siege dodging bolts like nothing.

EDITz

I did the old minecraft strategy and made a bunch of 3x3 blocks all the way down and found fuk'n adamantite ore before I even start making iron or steel. Is there anyway to prioritized picking this shit up or is it just select a dwarf and have him only pick up stone? Until that shit hits my stockpile I can't start smelting tasty waffers.

I also came across something absolutely terrifying. I did the classic dug too deep and
Spoiler:
started to nickname my strongest dwarf DoomGuy
Nope, nope, nope nope, nope, nope, covered the hole, patched it and flooded it with maga not touching it.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #22166

Never dig up candy unless you are ready for large amounts of fun. Terrible, fiery fun.

Still waiting for the Masterwork to get updated to the newest version of DF before i start playing again. I feel like i just cannot play without MW now.
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #22327

Spoiler:
the dwarven mind is a strange one indeed.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #22828

40.06 is out
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #22830

Have they fixed the fact that goblin population skyrockets to the millions.
I read about it in one of the devblogs but it's not in the changelogs.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #23247

I've done it
My god what was I thinking when I made this.

Also neat narrative story down below!
Spoiler:

131 A.D the Age of Myth.
A staircase has been built to hell by the Sabers of Bone in the settlement of MIrrorOmen. After coming to their senses they begin their day-to-day lives while completely ignoring that same staircase. It was until Urist Commonsense overheard guards talking.

Guard A: "Hey shouldn't we have a unit down protecting our Candy Stairwell? I just remembered we had some manner of a defensive encampment near a menacing hallway, wasn't completed for some reason."

Guard B: "We're lacking tables... we need more tables!

Guard A: "Yes Tables! I completely forgot about tables! I should pay more attention... after all I don't want another 109 days in prison for taking a 2nd break. Which is odd because the guy who murdered our last mayor became mayor and only got 38 days in prison, but who cares about that?! We need more tables!

Urist Commonsense: "Nope nope nope, fuck this ya'll niggers are crazy. I'm out"

It was until Urist Commonsense began his journey that he ran into a completely naked Human man in the woods. He said hello and offered the man spare drink and food. Urist Commonsense warned his new friend to stay away from MirrorOmen that the residents there has done the unspeakable, that it will soon become a fortress of deat-
"Urist Commonsense was struck down"

None other by: Geist <Last Name Here>!
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #23300

ColonicAcid wrote:Have they fixed the fact that goblin population skyrockets to the millions.
I read about it in one of the devblogs but it's not in the changelogs.
my 1050 year old world is still on the goblin age after +800 years :^)

but seriously it's worse than elf population rates, not to mention the fact that invasions have a 100% success rate due to a bug
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #23321

Here be my world cannon:

1) Make Fortress in early years: Check
2) Be Geist, Necromancer- Murder the leaders of the world, traverse the forbidden zone stalker, fight god himself, retire in a cool location
3)Macro retire 100x over. Fast forward to the year 1000+ and make Kenshiro
4) As Kenshiro do good and one day find Geist and fight him to the death. (Win or Lose I will do massive narration)
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #23332

currently you cannot fight deities (unless you fuck about with the game and use external programs to change something into a deity)

the closest you can get to "fighting" a deity is through
Spoiler:
vaults, which contain 3 types of angels spawned from the deity/demon ritual, associated to a sphere that are assigned size, material etc like a forgotten beast, and use unique, more-powerful-than-adamantine equipment, with each attribute differing from each different type
I once got one of the mimes named "Hand of The Dominion"
in short, if you don't have the proper equipment and skills, you will be made swiss cheese... mmm, cheese
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #23405

evil mobs pls go, you're not elves
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #23880

fucking goblins man they breed like rabbits.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #23881

ColonicAcid wrote:fucking goblins man they breed like rabbits.
they're worse than elf breeding rates right now
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #24182

Oh god help, Kea's wont stop stealing my shit and I'm being invaded by them. Theyre more of a threat than the god dam elves and I made sure to chop down a fuck ton of trees when their diplomat got stuck in my moat and died later
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #24185

srifenbyxp wrote:Oh god help, Kea's wont stop stealing my shit and I'm being invaded by them. Theyre more of a threat than the god dam elves and I made sure to chop down a fuck ton of trees when their diplomat got stuck in my moat and died later
move your shit inside already jesus christ
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #24189

its 3 levels down in Z levels for materials and 9 levels down for food. Theyre actually traversing my fucking fortress for food
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #24195

it's time to form a militia and stand guard near the stockpiles
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #24284

Or traps for easymode.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #24498

Set shit on fire so they have a hard time getting at it.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #34830

soon 119 emotions.

ARE YOU READY
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #34973

Never read into emotions, what do said expressions do? Need that extra persuasion to jump frmo masterworks to 40.xx
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #717286

9 years later
the necro to beat all necros
can we get some DF stories in here
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #717287

srifenbyxp wrote: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:52 pmits 40.4
we are at 50.11 now wake up babe
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #717315

Timonk wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:35 pm 9 years later
the necro to beat all necros
can we get some DF stories in here
Newer bread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5312&start=200
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #717325

what you are telling me is that malkevin created a new thread instead of necromancing this one?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #721239

this thread will be the next home of Necroshoots
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕