Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

BlessedHeretic - Badminning

Post by paprika » #49263

Byond account and character name: Paprka / Was a syndie borg that round
Admin: BlessedHeretic
Time incident occured: 11:30ish PST
Detailed summary:
Round starts, I'm observing, later replaced an AFK syndie borg. I notice some things, Desucake tells me on steam about it afterwards...
BlessedHeretic started off the round by spawning a null rod into Miku Frost's backpack named 'Miku's toy' with 'covered in something sticky' in the description. I later found out it had the NODROP flag on it so when she took it out of her backpack, she couldn't drop it. I bitched at him about this once I saw what was going on over adminPM, he did the same thing last round, spawning/renaming a festivus pull named 'miku's toy' on the shuttle (I didn't know whether it was renamed or not, a scientist popped a few gold slime cores on the shuttle which spawn festivus poles...)

Later, it's nuke ops, I'm a syndicate borg filling in for another ghost who was AFK, blessed renames me "Papprborgize". After the typical kill the AI shit, we're in the cap's office, Miku grabs an ion rifle and shoots me dead, before the ops put her into crit. They scamper off, she pops back up from crit, I say '>miku is still alive' in ghost chat, followed by a 'healing chems' explanation from blessed. Ah, so miku must have shot herself up with healing chems before going into crit? Nah, according to desucake post round, Blessed gave someone who was put into crit by ops healing chems 'in return' for the renamed null rod NODROP thing earlier.

And one final note to add to this, when I pm'd him about the miku thing, he had this to say:
-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-BlessedHeretic: Should see what i do to stillchr and other people :3c
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
All in all, shitty awful behavior for a trialmin, he probably has good role models in the administration somehow giving him the impression this shit is okay?
Last edited by paprika on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Re: BlessedHeretic - Badminning

Post by Jacough » #49265

I was there for the immovable rod thing. Honestly I just thought it was kind of funny
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #49266

When you do it twice though, and then 'apologize' by giving someone admin favors?
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
BlessedHeretic
Byond Username: BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #49291

paprika wrote:Byond account and character name: Paprka / Was a syndie borg that round
Admin: BlessedHeretic
Time incident occured: 11:30ish PST
Detailed summary:
Round starts, I'm observing, later replaced an AFK syndie borg. I notice some things, Desucake tells me on steam about it afterwards...
BlessedHeretic started off the round by spawning a null rod into Miku Frost's backpack named 'Miku's toy' with 'covered in something sticky' in the description. I later found out it had the NODROP flag on it so when she took it out of her backpack, she couldn't drop it. I bitched at him about this once I saw what was going on over adminPM, he did the same thing last round, spawning/renaming a festivus pull named 'miku's toy' on the shuttle (I didn't know whether it was renamed or not, a scientist popped a few gold slime cores on the shuttle which spawn festivus poles...)

Later, it's nuke ops, I'm a syndicate borg filling in for another ghost who was AFK, blessed renames me "Papprborgize". After the typical kill the AI shit, we're in the cap's office, Miku grabs an ion rifle and shoots me dead, before the ops put her into crit. They scamper off, she pops back up from crit, I say '>miku is still alive' in ghost chat, followed by a 'healing chems' explanation from blessed. Ah, so miku must have shot herself up with healing chems before going into crit? Nah, according to desucake post round, Blessed gave someone who was put into crit by ops healing chems 'in return' for the renamed null rod NODROP thing earlier.

And one final note to add to this, when I pm'd him about the miku thing, he had this to say:
Admin PM from-BlessedHeretic: Should see what i do to stillchr and other people :3c
All in all, shitty awful behavior for a trialmin, he probably has good role models in the administration somehow giving him the impression this shit is okay?

As far as I know i'm on friendly terms with both Desucake and Stillchr, I do minor things to tease and taunt in good fun. If they were REALLY upset about it, they should be well enough aware that I'd stop and cease ever doing it on request. I think it's pretty funny that you got upset over this, as you're not one of the targeted parties. Jordie, Ted, Sticky, HBL, Ikka, HG and a bunch of other people can confirm that my personality is mostly crude and childish, however I do have the maturity to respect people's wishes, and I retain flexible and logical manner when serious issues arise.

I consider any of the people mentioned my friends, and this is how i interact with my friends. Personally I find this complaint to be an offense against myself for simply not fitting into your norm. That's pretty petty.

If i am mistaken about my familiarity with anyone listed, i'd highly encourage them to bring this up. I treat close friends in such a manner, but if they'd prefer I treat them more professionally, then that's what will happen. My empathy is NOT well developed so I am not good at subtle messages, be blunt.

If the complaint is me doing silly minor things like spawning an object that literally has no effect on the round, then on I'll equally cease to do this as well. This would include not partaking in any sort of spawning outside of bug fixing though.
Note , this was the first time something even remotely lewd was ever done, and it was rather low key.

(*)Examples of things I have done to other people, would be things like making tedward as a mouse in a maze with cats or fighting him in the thunderdome as a goat, making stillchr a mega carp with no damage when they made a silly comment. Never round altering events, nor really noticeable unless people were actively hunting for them.

As for the revival of miku during the ops round, i nudged him out of crit with -80 brute damage, when he had 90 brute, 40 burn and 20 oxy, in an spaced room. I confess this would probably be something I should not have done.

If being myself is an afront to being an admin at all, It is against my interests to remain in such a position, and more so makes it questionable why I was ever allowed to remain in any form of power this long.
Because of this i'm inclined to believe you are being hyper-sensitive to things you are not involved with, but if I am mistaken. Bring the hammer.

Edit: Since this complaint is mostly including Desucake, I have sent a message informing them of the existence of this complaint so they can make a formal statement for or against me.

Edit: Also clarification for that
- was said to you in a playful context as I was not aware you were seriously berating me for a prank on a player. To which look at section (*) for intent of meaning.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #49312

Honestly rule 8 aside, why the hell would you inject someone with rejuvinators during a nuke round. It's one of the biggest rules to not ever fuck with rev, nuke and to a lesser extent malf rounds.

How overall did doing the borderline creepy shit, and injecting miku with rejuvinators improve the round?

Also
Personally I find this complaint to be an offense against myself for simply not fitting into your norm. That's pretty petty
Edit: Since this complaint is mostly including Desucake, I have sent a message informing them of the existence of this complaint so they can make a formal statement for or against me.
There isnt a rule against that ban requesting someone is restricted to those involved, and hell pap was involved with the rejuvinators part.

Overall the actions were shit, and your response to it is further shit, which is dissapointing coming from you.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #49328

Antonkr wrote:Overall the actions were shit, and your response to it is further shit, which is dissapointing coming from you.
Gonna have to agree with Antonkr here.
Desucake
Byond Username: Desucake

Post by Desucake » #49350

I actually do consider Blessed as a friend, thought he can be a bit annoying, his antics aren't usually harmful. That actual incident with the "Toy" was kind of funny, slightly creepy, but harmless none the less. I only had an issue with it when it was stuck to my hand cause it was "sticky", and I had to run around with such an embarassing thing on me, which was kind of childish.. I told him, via Adminhelp, and he quickly took it off. Later on during the round, it turns out to be a nuke attack, I get into a fight with the borg, kill it, but the others put me into crit. I did pray to the gods if I could be healed, since they pulled such a embarassing joke, which they slightly healed me, I got up to just get killed again by syndies.

Blessed has done a few funny gags here and there, I am glad that he knows when he crosses the line and fixes it. However, Blessed, please do not make any gags or jokes that become as creepy as that did. That being said I still wouldn't mind the usual jokes or tricks as long as they don't go too far, I find that the gags keep the station entertaining.

Edit: I also liked to add that the toy gag isn't something I'm too bothered by, one time I asked the gods for a weapon to fight off aliens and they spawned me a Durand leg, hue. As said before, it was the description and the fact I couldn't drop it that bothered me.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #49403

>healing the person who killed me after my nuke op teammates put her into crit somehow makes me not involved and hyper sensitive
holy fuck lol

stillchr is another girl player too, what a surprise...
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #49679

It's okay for an admin to have friends within the playerbase.

It's not okay for an admin to use their position to favor them one way or the other. Whether it's using your powers to annoy them or help them, you should purposely try to keep away from players you either like or hate when it comes to how you use your admin powaz.

Professionally you should be careful with how close you get to people and how you use your abilities to involve yourself with their gameplay. Using your hand of God to coax a casualty back to life is over the line. That you feel you owe them for random dickery earlier in the round is a sign you were probably over the line then too.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
youngbuckliontiger

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #49717

I'd like to add that Blessed Heretic interacted with me too by spawning a corgi that attacked me and exploded at the end. It was a revenge for the parody images that i put up and i enjoyed that little interaction that we had even though if it was a friendly interaction or not. He is a pretty cool guy that does a lot of gimmicks. I enjoy all of them especially when he does that black market gimmicks and stuff. The little things that admins do to interact with players are really pretty damn fun and admins should continue doing so like what BlessedHeretic is doing but as long as it's not that game changing. I do think that giving someone a little healing is not that much of a gamechange. Just call it like a little miracle or something. It might not be improving the round but it's not also ruining the round really.
Player name: Rob Ust
Lets have fun in SS13!
I don't play anymore though.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #49732

youngbuckliontiger wrote:I'd like to add that Blessed Heretic interacted with me too by spawning a corgi that attacked me and exploded at the end. It was a revenge for the parody images that i put up and i enjoyed that little interaction that we had even though if it was a friendly interaction or not. He is a pretty cool guy that does a lot of gimmicks. I enjoy all of them especially when he does that black market gimmicks and stuff. The little things that admins do to interact with players are really pretty damn fun and admins should continue doing so like what BlessedHeretic is doing but as long as it's not that game changing. I do think that giving someone a little healing is not that much of a gamechange. Just call it like a little miracle or something. It might not be improving the round but it's not also ruining the round really.
Rejuvination really should be saved for a "i fucked up and was responsible for your death" button as an administrator.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #49819

youngbuckliontiger wrote:I'd like to add that Blessed Heretic interacted with me too by spawning a corgi that attacked me and exploded at the end. It was a revenge for the parody images that i put up and i enjoyed that little interaction that we had even though if it was a friendly interaction or not. He is a pretty cool guy that does a lot of gimmicks. I enjoy all of them especially when he does that black market gimmicks and stuff. The little things that admins do to interact with players are really pretty damn fun and admins should continue doing so like what BlessedHeretic is doing but as long as it's not that game changing. I do think that giving someone a little healing is not that much of a gamechange. Just call it like a little miracle or something. It might not be improving the round but it's not also ruining the round really.
As the operative that personally had to put Miku down twice, it was ammo I'd rather not have had to expend when it comes in such limited quantities for nuke ops.