Differing treatment rulewise for sec vs a regular player

Resolved.
Bibliodewangus

Differing treatment rulewise for sec vs a regular player

Post by Bibliodewangus » #33931

Hi all I received a dayban yesterday and I am not very clear on how my situation is different from other people in the round who caused equivalent or greater harm while the admins insisted what they did was 100% justified.
Could everyone please take a moment to check out my ban appeal? it is here http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1595
I think this is important for all of us because it could help set a better precdent in handling rules being unfairly applied to some more than others
I'm sure all of you have had experiences with admins letting some people get away with murder while other's get punished for minute infractions

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong board, I understand that the public cannot discuss bans in the ban appeal forum, and that the policy is forum is not for bans so this seemed the best spot. If there is another section this post belongs in, please move it to the appropriate. Thank you and I appreciate everyone's time and feedback
UtterNewbie

Re: Differing treatment rulewise for sec vs a regular player

Post by UtterNewbie » #33938

If I'm understanding this correctly, you want to be treated like a security player in this case, and are arguing that security gets preferential treatment?

If that is indeed the case, then this alone
along with my fellow cargo techs set out to fortify the cargo bay and improve its overall efficiency by building some renovations and collecting some useful items which could be passed out to those who needed them.
would have been grounds for thorough bwoinking and a swift job ban from security for metagaming as well as powergaming. If you were playing security that is. Be happy you get to do as much as you can.

You should try playing security and doing the shit you do in cargonia, see how far it gets you with current administration.

:^)
Last edited by UtterNewbie on Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #33941

I don't doubt that security gets a lot more leeway than others, especially in cult or rev rounds where the admins often struggle to keep up with the flood of complaints.

I don't think punching the sec was a good idea, probably better to take up your concerns with the HoP, then ride out the round and ask an admin to look into security behaviour during that round.
Bibliodewangus

Post by Bibliodewangus » #33945

UtterNewbie wrote:If I'm understanding this correctly, you want to be treated like a security player in this case, and are arguing that security gets preferential treatment?

If that is indeed the case, then this alone
along with my fellow cargo techs set out to fortify the cargo bay and improve its overall efficiency by building some renovations and collecting some useful items which could be passed out to those who needed them.
would have been grounds for thorough bwoinking and a swift job ban from security for metagaming as well as powergaming. If you were playing security that is. Be happy you get to do as much as you can.

You should try playing security and doing the shit you do in cargonia, see how far it gets you with current administration.

:^)
No I don't want to get treated like a security player, I don't think you understand my point. My point is that an engineer was said to be 100% justified by the admins in hitting me with a lit welding tool to near crit (I knocked him out after he started beating me) because I broke a window and then stopped when he asked me to. I asked him to borrow a fire axe and he pulls the welder and attempts murder. I'm ok with that, if that's an appropriate response to window breaking then so be it.

The point is this sec officer had gone so far above and beyond the damage caused by window breaking to not only me but all of Cargo and many other departments. I never retaliated although using the logic that allowed the guy to welder me, I would have been justified in doing so. Then, when she kidnaps me and drags me deep into maint presumably to convert me, it is still not acceptable to retaliate? From an IC perspective, her actions gave off about a 99% probability she had been culted, and it was in everyone's best interest to force her to be deconverted. But for some reason if security does damage equivalent to or greater to breaking a window, retaliation is not allowed. What happens when sec is a traitor and they are clearly intending to harm you?? You don't respond because they're sec? it just doesn't make sense to me. Read my ban appeal and see all the stuff sec did (constant arrests, beating, no reasons given, threatening to baton anyone who asks questions, allowing people to vandalize cargo and choke me out right in front of the HoS). When is it ever ok to retaliate? and if you're not allowed to retaliate in these situations, why did the admins support an engineer who nearly killed a man for breaking a window and later tried kidnapping him?
UtterNewbie

Post by UtterNewbie » #33954

Bibliodewangus wrote:The point is this sec officer had gone so far above and beyond the damage caused by window breaking to not only me but all of Cargo and many other departments.
Ok mate, lets sum up your actions as you described them.

>I along with my fellow cargo techs set out to fortify the cargo bay and improve its overall efficiency
>So then there is word of a cult and we decide, since all of the cargo techs seem clean, that we should begin fortifying cargo and building extra airlocks etc

I'll give you the benefit of doubt in this inconsistency.

>At this point we needed a fire axe
>I broke the window to enter the engineering lobby
>I had a pickaxe on me
>I go to engineering and this time I break through into the CE's office
>who is still sitting braindead. I search his backpack
>The captain's computer is open and I make an announcement condemning security
>I'd been arrested without a reason
>I broke free and ran
>I throw some punches at her and she gets knocked down

This however is hilarious. Now you're saying, that the officer that searched departments along with his colleagues, did more harm than you.

I'm surprised you weren't permabrigged after about 4th meme arrow.

You can defend your department against intruders, which is exactly what the engineer did in response to your greytiding.
Bibliodewangus

Post by Bibliodewangus » #33957

UtterNewbie wrote:
Bibliodewangus wrote:The point is this sec officer had gone so far above and beyond the damage caused by window breaking to not only me but all of Cargo and many other departments.
Ok mate, lets sum up your actions as you described them.

>I along with my fellow cargo techs set out to fortify the cargo bay and improve its overall efficiency
>So then there is word of a cult and we decide, since all of the cargo techs seem clean, that we should begin fortifying cargo and building extra airlocks etc

I'll give you the benefit of doubt in this inconsistency.

>At this point we needed a fire axe
>I broke the window to enter the engineering lobby
>I had a pickaxe on me
>I go to engineering and this time I break through into the CE's office
>who is still sitting braindead. I search his backpack
>The captain's computer is open and I make an announcement condemning security
>I'd been arrested without a reason
>I broke free and ran
>I throw some punches at her and she gets knocked down

This however is hilarious. Now you're saying, that the officer that searched departments along with his colleagues, did more harm than you.

I'm surprised you weren't permabrigged after about 4th meme arrow.

You can defend your department against intruders, which is exactly what the engineer did in response to your greytiding.
Ok that's fine. I have no beef with the engineer. He was simply responding to someone's fairly bad behavior. Why does no blame lay on sec this round? The HoP approved cargo taking over engineering since all of engi was either attempted murderers or braindead. I, along with many others, endured abuse from sec all round with out laying a hand on them until the very end of the round when sec began disobeying heads to drag me dep into maint. not all of sec, but one officer named Cara O'Connor. That is EXTREMELY suspicious to refuse to explain your arrest to a head and instead make a break for it. If the doctor hadnt rescued me from her, I most likely would've been killed in maint.

What is wrong with adding additional features to your department? Renovations are a jail-worthy offense? Why is having a pickaxe bad? They're in my department and we were using them to clear unneeded windows until we decided the fireaxe would save time. I called engineers to ask to borrow one and no one responded. Then one engineer attempted murder. We knew there was a cult, and sec would not listen to us about cult reports. ICly it was not a bad idea to check engineering for runes. And guess what? Cult items were found inside. But it was bad judgment though right? The announcement I made could be summed up as "security has been abusing cargo all round while there is a cult outside committing murder, but we will stand strong and remain as good people." Then Cara ( who shouldnt have had bridge access) bursts in and wordlessly arrests me. How'd she have access? Killed the captain perhaps. Who knows since she ran when a head came in to ask what was going on. I broke free and ran because I wasn't being arrested I was being dragged into a maintenance tunnel. This is all extremely suspicious. If someone kidnapped you into deep maint regardless of their job you'd try to run, don't try and deny it. It's the sensible thing to do. People in real life don't just let themselves be killed at the first sign of danger.

The officer 100% did more harm than me. You are conveniently ignoring some key points of my story. Cargo was allowing anyone in who asked for entrance after we vetted them as not being cult. The HoS decides to encourage a mime to hack into our department to vandalize it. When I walked outside to see what was going on the mime grabbed me and choked me out. The HoS stood there and watched then walked away when I called for help. The HoS also allowed a man who had previously nearly killed me to cuff me and run off towards maint, I barely managed to get away and surely he would have killed me had I not escaped. I discovered an ACTUAL cult and the HoS ignored it and refused to even decult the CE. Yes, security DID do more damage than I did and anyone who was in that round will corroborate that security was harassing everyone and causing tons of chaos. Even the admin who banned me said this, he just refused to address it past that.

Just because you put some arrows in front of what you're saying does not put you in the right. It just makes you seem condescending and arrogant, as well as ignorant in that you clearly put no effort into reading these posts. Instead you opt to come up with your own preconceived notion of what happened,
UtterNewbie

Post by UtterNewbie » #33962

Bibliodewangus wrote:Just because you put some arrows in front of what you're saying does not put you in the right. It just makes you seem condescending and arrogant, as well as ignorant in that you clearly put no effort into reading these posts. Instead you opt to come up with your own preconceived notion of what happened,
All those green arrows? Those are for YOUR CONVENIENCE. Do you have any idea how much space a quotation takes? All that greentext is what you wrote in your post in the order you wrote it. I read your entire huge ass ban appeal which is probably more than anyone dealing with it will do, and I read all your posts here. Yet you result to a simple yet long ad hominem just because you don't like how I made an absurdly long quote list readable?

Good luck with your ban appeal.

As for your edit, pointing fingers at others saying "but they did worse than me" is GREAT way to stay banned. There's a ban request forum for a reason.
Bibliodewangus

Post by Bibliodewangus » #33963

UtterNewbie wrote:
Bibliodewangus wrote:Just because you put some arrows in front of what you're saying does not put you in the right. It just makes you seem condescending and arrogant, as well as ignorant in that you clearly put no effort into reading these posts. Instead you opt to come up with your own preconceived notion of what happened,
All those green arrows? Those are for YOUR CONVENIENCE. Do you have any idea how much space a quotation takes? All that greentext is what you wrote in your post in the order you wrote it. I read your entire huge ass ban appeal which is more than probably anyone dealing with it will do, and I read all your posts here. Yet you result to a simple yet long ad hominem just because you don't like how I made an absurdly long quote list readable?

Good luck with your ban appeal.
No, I'm adding it on top of all the other points I made. Your arrows were NOT all of what I wrote. A lot of things were omitted, including but not limited to the HoS allowing me to be choked out and kidnapped by random crew members, HoS encouraging hacking and vandalism, along with a host of other things. If you missed that on your first read-through of my post I understand, it is a long post after all. Thanks, I will need the good luck :)
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #33976

Please don't make stenography encouraging threads of this nature.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.