HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [Skorvold]

Resolved.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [Skorvold]

Post by Skorvold » #37390

Ask away friends, tell me what you want and how you feel. My ears are open.

LOCKED DUE TO SKORVOLD DROPPING OUT OF THE RACE
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [Skorvold]

Post by Bluespace » #37398

If elected headmin, what would you change?

How would those changes affect the players, how about the admins?

Are there any issues you're hesitant to approach if elected?
I play Boris Pepper.
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #37403

If elected headmin, what would you change?
Nothing major, I believe rules and policy wise we're pretty okay and I would like to stick to small changes that the playerbase would take hand in.

How would those changes affect the players, how about the admins?
As I'm looking to keep things as-is, the main change would be listening to the ingame population via OOC or other means much more often.

Are there any issues you're hesitant to approach if elected?
I would be more than willing to approach any issue with at least an attempt at evaluation to better understand it.
Spoiler:
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #37438

Do you think Heads of Staff positions are generally filled by players too green for the job?

Do you have any plan to increase the numbers of Security Officers players?

Choose one out of each pair:

Murderbone is bad - Everything goes

Upload and Secure Tech and EVA (...) should be bolted at roundstart - Bolting powergaming is for faggots who hate fun

Minor to Medium severity crimes should always be dealt IC - Repeatedly breaking the law every round is reason enough to ban

Subverted silicons should not try to find loopholes in One Human type laws - Exploiting loopholes is always acceptable

Assistants should have maintenance access - Assistants should not have maintenance access

Security players should be allowed to use permanent solutions to deal with people who insist on being problematic - BWOINK

Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do - Roboticists only exist to make cyborgs

Heads of Staff should be allowed to demote their underlings always - Heads of Staff cannot demote without a good reason

Forums should have a board for people to discuss bans and ban requests freely - No "stenography"

Rei - Asuka
Spoiler:
correct answer is NGE Asuka
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #37440

Murderbone is bad - Everything goes except for ping ponging the shuttle.

Upload and Secure Tech and EVA (...) should be bolted at roundstart - Bolting powergaming is for faggots who hate fun

Minor to Medium severity crimes should always be dealt IC - Repeatedly breaking the law every round is reason enough to ban*warn

Subverted silicons should not try to find loopholes in One Human type laws - Exploiting loopholes is always acceptable

Assistants should have maintenance access - Assistants should not have maintenance access

Security players should be allowed to use permanent solutions to deal with people who insist on being problematic - BWOINK

Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do - Roboticists only exist to make cyborgs

Heads of Staff should be allowed to demote their underlings always - Heads of Staff cannot demote without a good reason

Forums should have a board for people to discuss bans and ban requests freely - No "stenography" Singulo is fine.

Rei - Asuka
Spoiler:
short hair is qt
Spoiler:
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #37443

My question is, do you think you are really able to handle the pressure of the position. How would you respond to times where you feel like you are burned out? Would you be able to take criticism, and angry people shouting decently?
Overall you are a good admin and a good guy, and would do good in the position, but I am really concerned with you becoming tired of it in case very difficult times come up. No offense meant.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #37447

I agree with you in that I've shown myself to be not so great under pressure quite a few times before, but I think I've grown considerably in attitude and behavior and I believe I much more capable of handling things now. No offense taken, any kind of feedback, criticism or something similar is always welcome.
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #37451

To reiterate my questions to other candidates.

1: What is your opinion of how Security is operating at this time, for better or worse.

2: Do you think there is anywhere Security needs to change policy wise, or is the current policy adequate.

3: Finally, in a ideal world how would you want to see Security operate in relation to the crew and antagonists.
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #37464

1: What is your opinion of how Security is operating at this time, for better or worse.
I feel like Security is a bit of a wildcard right now, and that specifying how it is at the moment would be too much of a generalization as its playstyles are vastly different.

2: Do you think there is anywhere Security needs to change policy wise, or is the current policy adequate.
I think it's currently fine.

3: Finally, in a ideal world how would you want to see Security operate in relation to the crew and antagonists.
In an ideal world Security wouldn't be needed but... Sec should operate in such a manner that modern day police do, they should exercise extreme caution when investigating crime and handling criminals, and should be quick, clean and efficient in relation to the crew. In relation to antagonists, the same could be said but with far more caution and professionalism, as always execution should be a last resort. Overall, a Security Officer should be polite and looking to the best for the crew in any situation.

To answer about security powergaming, just because I know this question will come around soon. I think Security should respond in equal measure to the criminal they are dealing with, employing barricades and dragging beepsky when necessary.
Spoiler:
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #37483

What do you think about Asimov? If you want it replaced with another/new lawset, which one?
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #37644

I think it's fine and that it does add to the game, even if it is frustrating. However, if I could, I would replace it with Baystation's lawset.
Spoiler:
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #37710

If you become headmin, would you encourage other admins to answer prayers more often in interesting or funny ways?

Do you believe it is unfair to exploit the loopholes in asimov despite asimov himself creating the lawset to have loopholes?

Do you support breaking and entering as a non-antag?

Do you support minor stealing as a non-antag?

Should non-antags that were perma'd be valid for killing security in order to escape if they have the opportunity to?

Are you in favor of making the coders make straightjackets possible to remove?

If straightjackets are not nerfed, will you punish sec for putting them on characters that are not insane?
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #37721

are you a furry
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #37800

paprika wrote:are you a furry
If you are you have my vote.

But seriously, my question would be where do you stand on the IC naming policy?

Your interactions with people on the server has always been really positive in my mind, but yet I feel your forum presence to be slightly lacking. Any opinions on this?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #37805

If you become headmin, would you encourage other admins to answer prayers more often in interesting or funny ways?
Sorry, but I wouldn't. It's all up to the admin individual on what they do with prayers.

Do you believe it is unfair to exploit the loopholes in asimov despite asimov himself creating the lawset to have loopholes?
Nope, I've had many a silicon player tell me the loopholes help make the game fun. I don't see much of anything wrong with it.

Do you support breaking and entering as a non-antag?

Yes, to a degree.

Do you support minor stealing as a non-antag?
Yes, again, to a certain degree.

Should non-antags that were perma'd be valid for killing security in order to escape if they have the opportunity to?
As huge of a fan of escaping the permabrig that I am, nope. They're in the permabrig for a good reason,they did something bad and need to sit the round out.

Are you in favor of making the coders make straightjackets possible to remove?
Sure.

If straightjackets are not nerfed, will you punish sec for putting them on characters that are not insane?
No. If someone has truly earned being straitjacketed, they deserve to be in it. Though tossing it on people for no reason or for minor offenses is ridiculous.

Excuse my late responses, I'm on dial up tier internet in a hotel.
Last edited by Skorvold on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #37807

Are you a furry?
Noooope.

Mononames are fine, just be somewhat realistic and keep dumb names to borgs/clowns/mimes/ai/nukeops/etc. If you want a silly name try to be at least a little creative with it if you're outside of those listed jobs.

Your interactions with people on the server has always been really positive in my mind, but yet I feel your forum presence to be slightly lacking. Any opinions on this?

I lurk a lot more often than I post nowadays. I do enjoy the forums, but I enjoy listening much more than speaking.
Spoiler:
bockman22
Byond Username: Bockman22

Post by bockman22 » #37940

Will you add the NTcode because it is so damn cool?
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #37996

That ain't a headmin decision.
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #38053

Skorvold wrote:Are you a furry?
Noooope.

Mononames are fine, just be somewhat realistic and keep dumb names to borgs/clowns/mimes/ai/nukeops/etc. If you want a silly name try to be at least a little creative with it if you're outside of those listed jobs.

I lurk a lot more often than I post nowadays. I do enjoy the forums, but I enjoy listening much more than speaking.
Thanks for answering.

One simple question.
Why do you want to be a headadmin?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #38067

For stability sake, a lot of other candidates seem geared towards pretty drastic change. I don't think it's right to push a change suddenly on the playerbase, and I want to ensure minor or gradual changes rather than anything too sudden. I want more choices being decided by the actual playerbase via ingame polls. Actually, I want more of whatever it is you guys want.
Spoiler:
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #38182

What's your take on security/shitcurity, incompetence may not be a ban worthy offense but do you believe security should be exempt from this.
Instead of listening to what the "guilty party" has to say, bed cuffing no timer while a small bit later then add the timer, multiple crew members during the round IC complains about a single individual officer. Examples like this.
Spoiler:
would you wait for a Admin Help or be proactive and warn the lil bastard, speaking of which how much attention do you even pay towards security?
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #38189

I used to be a very avid Warden player and exercised early release of players if they did well in their cells, while I generally try to wait for ahelps in any situation, I do try and guide security players that seem new or are new by greeting them kindly and generally directing them to laywer or detective as a first time job. So, in short I pay a attention to sec often when I'm on, and I would most likely tell them that bucklecuffing people can lead to much frustration and not including search time in deducting from the cell timer/delayed timer setting is generally a bad idea. But that would most just be friendly advice instead of an administrative action. If you were in an untimed cell in an excess of 10+ 15+ minutes, (varies depending on your original sentence) and had your timer set after that wait then it would be more of a "cut that shit out" warning.
Spoiler:
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #38268

I've got a question:

If you were not running this election, who would you vote for and why?
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #38284

Ikarrus, Hornygranny, Pandarsenic. Three very professional people who I have always had good faith in and who I know would run things well. While their platforms vary and are VERY different from mine, I like them a lot, almost enough I've been considering dropping out because I think any of ya'll could handle this much better than I.
Spoiler: