HEADMIN CANDIDATES PLATFORM SUMMARIES!

Resolved.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

HEADMIN CANDIDATES PLATFORM SUMMARIES!

Post by QuartzCrystal » #37869

This thread is for all the headmin candidates to post a paragraph summarizing their platform generally. Each candidate is limited to one post.

All other posts will be deleted. Once all admins have submitted their posts, this thread will be locked.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: HEADMIN CANDIDATES PLATFORM SUMMARIES!

Post by Timbrewolf » #37911

I'm sick of hearing people throw all negative feedback into the garbage on the basis that the only people who complain are a really vocal minority of shitters and we shouldn't listen to them. "They don't even play the game!"

Then how do they know what to complain about? Do they just make shit up and it's accurate enough to sound legitimate? I don't know what idea is worse, that there is an actual conspiracy of people who've seized power and have been very effective at squelching dissent and pushing the game in their own direction, or the changes that are made are so stereotypically bad that any idiot can just type up a complaint using vague SS13 terms and it will actually reflect a shitty decision someone has made.

I know at least one of my other candidates said as much in his own nomination thread, and it's a convenient way of dismissing feedback you don't want to hear while convincing yourself you're doing everything right because this magical group of users who ACTUALLY MATTER tell you everything is great.

I don't want to let guys like that hold power over a playerbase they very obviously hate.
A vote for me is a vote for a guy who wants to listen to you, stir shit up and start fights to keep this game going in a direction that is more fun for everyone. Not one playstyle over the other. Not one group of players over the other. A game that's just as much fun for a new player as it is an old player, on a server where you can come goof off or be serious, as we have always welcomed both styles before.
Last edited by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing needless homophobic attack in lue of deletion
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #37916

Please note that the regular forum rules still apply in this thread. Your platform is about why you are a good choice, not why other people are bad.

NOTE FROM QUARTZ: Yes I'm aware that this thread has two posts by HG, but I'm leaving this because it's both relevant and correct.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #37921

People should not be beholden to rules or policies that they don't actually know to exist. They shouldn't receive conflicting answers about things from different admins; when they do get those, they shouldn't have to wait days for answers from Headmins. When they are banned for things, they should have the option of escalating them to Headmins who will, if they don't know what to do, have doubts, or are unsure, discuss the things with other Headmins and possibly the Host.

Important enough to get its own section is that repeat offenses should change punishment when you do things wrong, but they shouldn't change whether something you've done is considered wrong, except in factoring in what the presumed intent is/was. More than anything, the rules should be equal. It shouldn't matter if you're an admin's friend. It shouldn't matter if an admin hates you. It shouldn't matter if you're an admin. Even the Headmins should be accountable. Nobody should be exempt from the rules. "Do bad thing = Get banned (or maybe warned); don't do bad thing = Don't get banned" shouldn't even be disputable. It should be a matter of determining what things are bad. And yet, it's enough of a question whether that statement should be true that I have to mention it.

I want to say "Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité" or something catchy but I only have two points which are communication and equality/accountability which I could maybe split but they're really tied together closely enough that it doesn't really work.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #37922

My platform is simple. I want to further adjust the rules so that people are more heavily deterred from doing things that negatively affect other players while not an antag, while also removing excuses to act purely on OOC behavior (pet validkills are a good example).
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #37935

Roleplay
I will promote the separation between OOC and IC, especially regarding removing players from the round. A lot of valid kills are simply so for purely OOC reasons and should be done away with. Additionally, more pressure will be put against players who do not contribute to a positive RP experience.

Communication
I will promote better communication between the administration and the rest of the community. Players should not be banned for new or obscure policies they never even heard of. The policies we hold must be made as intuitive and clear as possible.

Accountability
I will promote openness and transparency within the administration. Admins must be held accountable to the community. I want there to be less of this "us vs them" mentality within the administration.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #37951

I want more player involved choices, and keeping us where we're at while avoiding any major changes that would upset the playerbase or vastly modify their playstyles. Short and sweet.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #38040

When you place your vote for me, you're voting for the future of tgstation. You're voting for a fun, relaxed game with the light roleplay that makes spacemen enjoyable. A regulated and monitored admin team with the good being recognised and rewarded and the bad being trained and given useful feedback. You're voting for a headmin that isn't going to break under pressure, or run away from the duty they've been given. When you vote Bluespace, you're making the choice to say "I want to hop in the game and have an enjoyable, fun experience with the players and admins around me.", and knowing you can trust in me to deliver that.
I play Boris Pepper.
Staub
Byond Username: Misterstaub

Post by Staub » #38049

Player and Admin, Admin and Admin and Player and Player interaction are of utmost importance to me. I want the community to become more direct towards one another and talk their problems out directly instead of behind each others backs, this applies to basically anyone in this community, from admins, to coders and to players. When it comes to the Game and the Servers playstyle, i have a strong dislike towards greytiding and the "playing to win" attitude some players seem to have, i want the game to be fun for everyone and not only a handful of players who will go out of their way to ruin another players round for their own benefit.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561198008046930.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561198008046930]Image[/url]