Kinnebian - Voting for Kinnebian! [UPDATED]

Resolved.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Kinnebian - Voting for Kinnebian! [UPDATED]

Post by kinnebian » #699463

Hello!
I am Kinnebian, this is my campaign thread.

Who are you?
► Show Spoiler
Why are you running?
► Show Spoiler
What will happen if you become headmin?
► Show Spoiler
In Conclusion...
You may notice this thread is a bit short. Ive never been one for essay posting or extending my word count like a student struggling on an exam. I want to be clear with you, this is a game that I love and want to see flourish, and these policy changes are ones that I genuinely think will improve the game.

Thanks for reading, anyways. See you all in the debates.

These otters voted for Kinnebian... Would you?
Last edited by kinnebian on Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
respect (let him do his thing)
kinnebian

Re: Kinnebian - Voting for Kinnebian! [UPDATED]

Post by kinnebian » #700103

Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, this thread has been updated over the last days with the following:
-Removal of the point for Public Bans and Notes
-Addition of admin swapsies
-Clarification of 1/3 Headminning
-Player-Run Events

I will also use this comment to book-mark Q&A things when the debates start, for easier reading.
Last edited by kinnebian on Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #700268

When it comes to pushing away from INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower thinking, how do you intend to accomplish it?
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #700285

Do you believe current headmins already are hesitant to act towards resolving menial elements of the role without group consultations? What would be considered approach for a lone headmin to act and respond with a decision without consultation?

What do you think of the ongoing silicon policy rewrite? What elements are good, and what elements need reconsideration?

While you suggest a Rules-bus as a way to inform players at large of rules changes, how often do you think our playerbase stays tuned to our discord? Have you considered ways in which players might learn of these alterations in-game?

As you're aware, I have an investment in moving crew away from ballistics. How do you anticipate me pushing you through a table when you make this request known? J/K. Would you accept a personal energy weapon in its place?
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #700302

NecromancerAnne wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:04 am Do you believe current headmins already are hesitant to act towards resolving menial elements of the role without group consultations? What would be considered approach for a lone headmin to act and respond with a decision without consultation?
I don't believe that the current headmins are hesitant to act, but the process of getting every post checked by all three is tedious, and pretty clearly slows down the process. There are times where an appealant or admin is blatantly in the wrong, and we are stuck waiting for a headmin review. It's times like these where a headmin should be able to act on his own to deny or approve the appeal. Hell, it became such a waste of time last turn there were countless discussions over not letting people ask for a headmin review in these cases.
NecromancerAnne wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:04 am
What do you think of the ongoing silicon policy rewrite? What elements are good, and what elements need reconsideration?
Currently since silicon policy is not finished, I do not have anything certain to say that isnt already covered by my platform. I believe a rewrite that doesn't favour crew so heavily is a great thing, and has been long overdue.
While you suggest a Rules-bus as a way to inform players at large of rules changes, how often do you think our playerbase stays tuned to our discord? Have you considered ways in which players might learn of these alterations in-game?
It would be a lot easier to simply further advertise the discord in game, with the highlighted benefit of keeping up to date with the rules. However, if push comes to shove an announcement upon joining the game for a few rounds after a major policy change would suffice.
As you're aware, I have an investment in moving crew away from ballistics. How do you anticipate me pushing you through a table when you make this request known? J/K. Would you accept a personal energy weapon in its place?
Maybe. Maybe...
TheRex9001 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:05 am When it comes to pushing away from INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower thinking, how do you intend to accomplish it?
Same way kieth has been doing it. Being active in bus with more player-sympathetic views and arguments, while also pushing policy and conversations towards a similar direction.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #700315

god be with you,

i have interviewed kinnebian and if fikou wasn't such a strong option, and if my vote actually counted, i would be voting for kinnebian.

one question for you to review mr. kinnebian, how do you feel that the admin swap event would work out? is this something you've discussed with other communities, or perhaps that others have done prior? i think it sounds like a neat idea.

as an aside: i think he is a very reasonable person, one who supports a free and united ireland.

best wishes,
triumph to sinn féin,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #700322

bobbahbrown wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:14 pm one question for you to review mr. kinnebian, how do you feel that the admin swap event would work out? is this something you've discussed with other communities, or perhaps that others have done prior? i think it sounds like a neat idea.
I havent really discussed this with higher ups of the other communities, and I havent seen it done prior. Ive talked with people active in seperate communities, and I think they share my opinion thaat it would be a fun thing to do. I dont see why anybody would be opposed to doing it, just for a bit of fun! Its for a light-hearted laugh, I want to see what events could be done.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #700399

I have some questions.

- Could you elaborate on what you believe the gap between admins and players is?
- What do you mean by "polish and refine" silicon policy? If the current term does finish it, surely you'll have notes. What's your outlook for the future on this regard?
- Regarding the Rules-bus idea, how would you prevent rules bloating from happening? Or is Rules-bus more of an F.A.Q.? Who would maintain it?
- How exactly do you envision player encouragement for events? Moreso, what's your take on player engagement?
- How mandatory or optional would swapping admins be?
- How would you encourage or enforce admins leaving the ivory tower? Of encouraging and enforcing, which side do you lean on more and why?

Other stuff on your thread I was curious have already been responded somewhere else or it's not something of interest to me atm. Thank you :)
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #700408

conrad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:33 pm I have some questions.
Shoot.
conrad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:33 pm - Could you elaborate on what you believe the gap between admins and players is?
Its a pretty clear cultral and social divide, has been for the entire existance of TG. "Fuck jannies."
conrad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:33 pm - What do you mean by "polish and refine" silicon policy? If the current term does finish it, surely you'll have notes. What's your outlook for the future on this regard?
Its pretty hard to come up with hypotheticals for something that hasnt come out yet, but I have a decent amount of silicon time amognst other servers and believe I could help get it finalized if it isnt finished already. Sorry for the vagueness.
conrad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:33 pm - Regarding the Rules-bus idea, how would you prevent rules bloating from happening? Or is Rules-bus more of an F.A.Q.? Who would maintain it?
I think you misunderstand. Rules-Bus would simply be an announcement channel, similar to news-bus. We (Headmins) Simply announce when we make a rules update, or headmin ruling and post the relevant info.
conrad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:33 pm - How exactly do you envision player encouragement for events? Moreso, what's your take on player engagement?
Similar to this:
► Show Spoiler
Players can post their event ideas, collaborate, and admins can empower them to run these.
conrad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:33 pm - How mandatory or optional would swapping admins be?
Entirely fully optional, It's just for fun.
conrad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:33 pm - How would you encourage or enforce admins leaving the ivory tower? Of encouraging and enforcing, which side do you lean on more and why?
I definitely lean more on encouraging. Moving bus talks away from dogpiling, encouraging people to look on the side of a player in events. I feel that a lot of the time we get so bogged down in logs and rule breaks we lose our empathy towards players.
conrad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:33 pm Other stuff on your thread I was curious have already been responded somewhere else or it's not something of interest to me atm. Thank you :)
Thanks!
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #700413

Thanks for responding, that was very clarifying :)
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #701061

kinnebian wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:47 pm
conrad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:33 pm - How mandatory or optional would swapping admins be?
Entirely fully optional, It's just for fun.
Actually, I want to elaborate a little on the admin swapsies. Theyd be entirely for fun, and the swapping admins wouldnt be given full permissions. Likely just running an large event or two, and seeing which playerbase does better in terms of events. It'd just be a friendly competition.
conrad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:56 pm Thanks for responding, that was very clarifying :)
No problem conrad, I'd be happy to fist-bump you anytime.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #701629

retiring and dropping out due to irl issues
stay safe everyone, have a safe shift
o7
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #701633

That's unfortunate, you were my top pick :(
Hope you can sort stuff out, stay safe too o7

RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #701637

Hate to hear that but I wish you the best!
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #701639

We all wish you the best Kinnebian!
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2