Resolved.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Fikou - Campaign

Post by Fikou » #699471

This is a campaign.

Hi, I'm Fikou, Admin Trainer and Maintainer on /tg/Station 13 for a few years now, but let's get to the point.

What I will try to do??

Enforce the OOC in IC rules more on the LRP servers, put more garbage like "joever" or "fr" on the word filter.
Try to get the term to not require as many unanimous decisions. For example if a ban is uncontroversial, it shouldn't need all three headmins on different timezones and places in life to sign off on a headmin review. It makes stuff take too long.
Keep the pulse of the servers on, especially with Key Holder, keeping them on and updated, get testmerges running.
Experiment more with the hub status, event servers, etc., get some new players. Attempt more to repopulate Campbell.
Centralize important admin info (for training and such) instead of having a wiki page that leads you to an outdated forum thread (I wanna update that one too, there's stuff that just doesn't apply to current SS13 anymore) that you don't have access to as a candidate and then there's like 2-3 other threads linking from those with other similar stuff.

Things from other candidates I'm also interested in
Pepper - Head role policy
Kinnebian - Rules-bus discord channel
Kinnebian - Admin swapping
Cheshify - Monthly polls

Extras

Other stuff I did that might mean something to you
Event Mapper/Coder on several Toolbox Tournaments and Winter/Summer Balls
Made Club Penguin 13 with Mothblocks and Armhulen
Organized #player-dev-projects on Discord
Worked with other people a lot on various code projects
Two thousand living hours, one thousand admin hours, around 700 PRs to our repo
I have a dog he's rly cute
I won the Toolbox Tournament Fishing Midtime Show (Twice)

Responses to debate threads
Candidate Scrubby Checkpoint
The other two headmins are inactive and you also need to be inactive. What would you do before becoming inactive?
Favorite moment.
Various Questions
Favourite role
Pick a rule and give your thoughts on it
What would you change for our MRP servers
Campaign promises outside of being headmin.
Inactivity and admin perms
Your competitors platforms.
Should Manuel and The LRP servers have a different ban list?
Charter barter

That's all, thanks for reading, and vote for me if you wanna because it'd be cool.
Last edited by Fikou on Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:54 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Re: Fikou - Campaign

Post by Striders13 » #700227

hello fikou
► Show Spoiler
do you plan to
► Show Spoiler
add "fr" and "joever"
► Show Spoiler
to soft or
► Show Spoiler
hard filter?
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #700250

greetings and good morning,

i woke fikou up by accident when he fell asleep in vc and i joined and started talking to him. he was still very graceful and handled the situation excellently... never once raised his voice... didn't even say anything accusing me of waking him up...

i can say with utmost confidence THIS is the man we need at the helm... a safe and secure bet... i have only one question...

mr fikou do you feel that your deep experience with both the admin team and playerbase alike put you in a favorable position to help support this community and continue to foster beneficial growth?

p.s. don't let haters like vekter get you down, you've got this!

with restful wishes,
your pal forever,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #700286

Fikou wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:57 am
Centralize important admin info (for training and such) instead of having a wiki page that leads you to an outdated forum thread (I wanna update that one too, there's stuff that just doesn't apply to current SS13 anymore) that you don't have access to as a candidate and then there's like 2-3 other threads linking from those with other similar stuff.
the fact that nobody has done this yet is astonishing, get it king
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #700301

Don't elect him he cannot be burned out he's too cool to die
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #700307

Striders13 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:14 am
► Show Spoiler
hello strider
► Show Spoiler
i dont think theres any non netspeak use of joever or fr
► Show Spoiler
so they would be hard filtered
► Show Spoiler
but fr will be allowed in pdas
► Show Spoiler
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #700308

bobbahbrown wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:47 am mr fikou do you feel that your deep experience with both the admin team and playerbase alike put you in a favorable position to help support this community and continue to foster beneficial growth?
Yeah, I played this game a lot (2k hours of living playtime) and adminned and observed it for another thousand, so I think I have a general grasp of what makes stuff click and how we can continue to grow our community.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #700309

Fikou has assured me that he can take the heat (won't get out of the kitchen), should vote for him.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #700400

I have some questions.

- What would constitute a controversial ban?
- What is your vision for improving player engagement and interest in Campbell?

From kinneb's, chesh's and pepper's thread, since you showed interest in those, I'll bring over questions I asked them.

- How mandatory or optional would swapping admins be?
- Regarding the Rules-bus idea, how would you prevent rules bloating from happening? Or is Rules-bus more of an F.A.Q.? Who would maintain it?
- Could you give a couple of examples of polls you'd like to see?

Other stuff on your thread I was curious have already been responded somewhere else or it's not something of interest to me atm. Thank you :)
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #700524

conrad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:33 pm- What would constitute a controversial ban?
General opinion of the team, if one headmin disagrees with the admin's decision from a short read and it's not an "objective" mistake.
- What is your vision for improving player engagement and interest in Campbell?
I wanted to experiment with hub status of the servers, this would include stuff like making Manuel a hub server and making it redirect to Campbell on highpop. Also encouraging admins to go on it and make some events on it.
- How mandatory or optional would swapping admins be?
Just for people who wanna engage in it!
- Regarding the Rules-bus idea, how would you prevent rules bloating from happening? Or is Rules-bus more of an F.A.Q.? Who would maintain it?
It is just a channel to notify anyone interested (could be a pingable role) about rule changes, I don't see how that relates to bloating? Any headmin can maintain it, I could do it if the others don't want to.
- Could you give a couple of examples of polls you'd like to see?
Well, the idea is the community would suggest them. I liked Cheshify's polls on manuelcord and I also liked the polls about favorite antag to play/fight or favorite maps we ran during some terms.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #700702

I think both in your case and i'm Kinneb's case I misinterpreted "rules-bus" as an more of an FAQ and less of a rules focused policy-bus.

Thanks Fikou, that was very clarifying :)
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #701030

conrad wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:08 pm Thanks Fikou, that was very clarifying :)
No problem, thanks for asking!
nukularpower
Byond Username: Nukularpower

Post by nukularpower » #701550

This may only be semi relevant, and I'm probably the only one that cares. But as a headmin, you would be more in a position to run events and/or decide what events are kosher by my understanding. If the following is inappropriate or whatever, please ignore or delete:

From what I have heard you created a LUA antag for TG that can be run as an admin event. It is also my understanding that this is something "we dont talk about." Now, I've never played the source, but I have seen a lot of videos, and I have to say, aside from the obvious drama regarding the original material, it looks amazing to me and is exactly the kind of thing I want more of, personally. By which I mean a distinctly evil-feeling antag that is not out to just murderbone everyone, but is still fairly unrestricted and *extremely* creepy - I feel like the current antags tend to lean towards "cartoon villain" parodies rather than actually feeling scary, which greatly diminishes the supposed "paranoia-laden" nature of the game. It is also great to see a bad guy that not everyone can immediately metagame as they might not even know what they do and imo its a benefit that it is not on Github for just that reason.

I guess my question is, why is such a thing "unmentionable"? Is it just because of the source? I can understand if that is the case, but if so, do you consider creating it a mistake? I assume you saw something about it that you like if you were willing to code it; As a headmin, would you be more willing to run it, or more importantly, other things in that vein?

If it was just a learning thing or whatever with no intention of being used in game then that is fine of course - I guess I'm just wondering what head space you occupy in regards to it all. Thanks for your time
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #701558

Able to work well with players, admins, and coders alike. Very skilled at forming consensuses, and is just as good at being goofy and laid back as he is at taking things seriously when he needs to. Also has very extensive coding and maintainer credentials under his belt, which speaks to good leadership skills. Very good candidate
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #701573

nukularpower wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:34 pm words
for the first part, not really. as an admin i have the same powers as headmins in regards to events. i would only gain the ability to host large scale events on separate servers and use announcement channels, as well as key holder powers to testmerge prs, but that doesnt really apply to your post

for funny antag stuff:
it was a joke antag made when trying to get good at lua tooling, so i took an idea i really liked and tried to remake it with just admin tooling.
it was cool but the antag relies on roleplay and novelty which completely has died when people talk to each other about the antag in ic chat or explain the whole antag away in ooc.
it only worked when both its player and the crew were confused and paranoid about a role that doesnt exist normally. seeing for example axle brady rp as a psychopath was way more fun than seeing talon get it a second time and just try to murderbone with the melee strength of the antag and then die to sec immediately.
it will probably not be ran for a long time (if ever) for these reasons, and its annoying when people mention it.
i think i should have not explained it at all to anyone and told other admins to not do that either, only letting some stuff spread as word of mouth, and ran it way more sparsily, but stuff happened as it happened.

for "running more things in that vein" - when i get an idea that sounds cool i make it, coding a whole event thing takes a lot of time.