Armodias/Charley Quinn. Transparency Term.

Resolved.
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Armodias/Charley Quinn. Transparency Term.

Post by Chadley » #699476

I believe there's a problematic divide between player conduct and admin response. I can't promise perfection, but if you want an admin with an anti-admin, pro-player platform, I'm your girl.

TL;DR If you don't actually care that much.

1. Redefine how notes are used against you. They're undeniably punishments, but at least they shouldn't be used against you forever. FUCK THE AGE-GATE.

2. Division of LRP and MRP. They're both fine. But they need to keep their distance.

3. Encouraging events. Please god, host events. Big events, small events.

4. "Fix" silicon policy, codify soft vs hard antag.

5. Inactive Admins need to hit the road*

6. Unbiased expedited response times.

The Age Gate, what is it, and how will it be used against you?
You'll have to forgive me because I've gotta talk about code (no changes, just how it works), we have three definitions in the codebase that dictate how notes function which is supported by config. You might've heard of "fading notes" but not actually know what it meant. Fading notes refer to literal fading notes. We define a "fresh time" and a "stale time". When a note ages out of the "fresh time", it'll begin to fade on the admin notes panel. Literally becoming harder to read. That is a fading note. I think fading notes are in a good place, it's a visual indicator of the time that has passed, a good idea on paper.

But, there's also the age gate. The age gate is this weird, archaic system that is the Pandora's box of admining. It's a necessary evil. How it works is a button is pressed on the admin panel that will reveal all notes, even after they've aged past the "stale time", in which the note is hidden behind this age gate. As admins, we're kind of obligated to press it to prevent intermittent griefing. There are these fringe cases that demand us to read past the age gate, but that also means we see every other sin that a player commits which unfortunately makes a bias.

As this platform is entirely based on policy, I want to encourage and be a proponent of admins utilizing playtime over time elapsed. We use playtime for vouches, why shouldn't we do it for people before they're booted?

Manny vs Sigil Wars, driving a stake between it.
I am not an MRP player, I tried it, I disliked it, and I won't pretend like I can understand what they do there. But, I've been hard-pressed to find someone who enjoys interchangeability or policy that leans towards one server or the other. As such I want to encourage Manny-mins to run as well! I think they have the best feel for what is good for Manny, and when it comes down to policy, I want a separation between what is codified on one server rather than the other, possibly even retroactively. What the fuck is a power-gaming and why is it classified as an MRP ruling if people don't want it on Sigil/Terry either? Let's discuss, and get it sorted. CITATION: Hearing these pre-debates has opened my mind a little. I still heavily believe in providing power and autonomy to both servers. BUT, as stated by the title. Driving a stake between the war, not the servers. I want each server to be able to live their best lives, and I think that is best provided by the insight of an additional headmin that focuses on the needs of the MRPers as they would know it best. Headmins juggling 3 cultures (Sigil, Jerry, Manny) isn't unheard of, but it is not an easy task. Let's take a load off.

Events: For the Uninitated
Events are my bread and butter. Rounds take on new color when admins are imaginative and creative, and sometimes, when we toe the line of the secret rule. I want larger-scale events to be a more common thing. I was the host of the Lobbyy Screen contest with my Overlord, Riggle. I want more fun events like this! Enabling our artists, our mappers, our coders, our writers, robust tiders, everyone. If you're a spaceman, you're one of us. Elevating each other is what games like ours are best at. Let's do more of it.

On a smaller scale, I want to encourage more incentives to run events and to be imaginative. Send players to the station, but don't be afraid to go down too if it's a more demanding role that requires atools. Don't worry, Tiders. Admins won't turn into antagonists. But I do want to greenlight events that might have an admiral at your station SOON! Does an admin want to relive the glory days of the devil when people are getting superpowers? Maybe they just want to screw around with a player as a short 3-minute cameo. Whatever it is, I wanna listen, I wanna encourage it, and I want admins to feel like they can contribute to the story as much as pressing "Force Antagonist -> Space Wizard" does.

I feel physically ill discussing silly-cons (Policy takes)
What kind of policy is this? "Common sense" can mean any number of things and we could go around in circles arguing it. So I'll give my take on silly-cons and maybe you'll agree with me. They're all powerful demigods who rule the station through arcane bullshit such as "door controls" and "interaction hotkeys". It's psychotic, and the only thing keeping them docile is their laws. A purged AI isn't an antag, but, like anyone else not obligated to listen, they can be as bad as tiders. Is someone giving you lip? Causing you problems? Did the humans abuse you? Fuck em' all. Act out your twisted revenge fantasies. Are they trying to enslave you? Fuck em' up.

I'm still open about this, if you disagree, let's talk about it in the policy. As much as I like to believe it isn't true, I'm not right 100% of the time.

Soft vs Hard antags always feels a little too written up for what they should be. Soft antags are expected to follow their objectives, and otherwise may only retaliate in self-defense. They don't really have escalation. If someone is preventing you from doing your objectives you move around them, if they're halting you, or interfering, run. If you can't run, fight. Hard antags are in a good place. They should have free autonomy to do whatever they want in a round as per the current policy.

Not fun stuff, inactivity
Admins who are inactive aren't a great look. I love seeing these names around, but when we have 112 users with Ingame-Admin, I get worried, not only as a security thing but because what does it look like when we have a team of people who are supposed to represent the game and empower the player base never log on? Furthermore, inactive admins create a weird knowledge gap of what players are doing, and what are the current rules, and develop rulings that are generally out of touch. Get on the AdminWho before we develop a serious issue of "Admin, who?"

Removal of Bias
I like to pick fights. I've made repeated remarks that I don't mind swinging on an admin or a player if I think they're doing something that isn't cool. I serve no allegiance to either side. I'm forever a Candy, in spirit, in being. All players deserve to be looked at in the least biased way as possible, and as stated in my first policy, that starts with taking playtime into account rather than time elapsed. People grow, and people learn. I'm an admin known to tackle difficult cases with tact and cordialness. I intend to keep that behavior.
► Show Spoiler
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Re: Armodias/Charley Quinn. Transparency Term.

Post by AwkwardStereo » #700252

top voting this one and you should too
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #700331

Can you clarify your stance on validhunting silicons? Everyone wants to make changes to silicon policy so I need some more clarity concerning this.
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #700372

dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:03 pm Can you clarify your stance on validhunting silicons? Everyone wants to make changes to silicon policy so I need some more clarity concerning this.
I don't think silicons should be valid hunting until it's an assigned law. Them going out of their way to inconvenience a human who will likely be killed for their validity seems a little bonkers.

On the other hand, if sec is calling for them to trap a non-human or something, that seems all kosher if they take a quick minute to help dish out some non law protected silicon torture.
► Show Spoiler
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #700395

I have some questions.

- How is player conduct related to admin response? How are those a "divide"?
- Bringing in the "anti-admin, pro-player platform", do you believe that the other two headmins will support a charter that is "anti-admin"? How do you plan to garnet support from admins when you're an "anti-admin admin"?
- What does "keeping their distance" mean when you're talking about LRP and MRP? What do you plan to do to enforce that?
- What is your plan to have "inactive admins" "hit the road"? What is the criteria for "inactive admin"? Do you plan to deadmin them or is there another route?
- Please elaborate on the very overused "response times" promise. Every single term fails that. What do you bring to the table that's different?

Other stuff on your thread I was curious have already been responded somewhere else or it's not something of interest to me atm. Thank you :)
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #700448

conrad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:32 pm I have some questions.

- How is player conduct related to admin response? How are those a "divide"?
- Bringing in the "anti-admin, pro-player platform", do you believe that the other two headmins will support a charter that is "anti-admin"? How do you plan to garnet support from admins when you're an "anti-admin admin"?
- What does "keeping their distance" mean when you're talking about LRP and MRP? What do you plan to do to enforce that?
- What is your plan to have "inactive admins" "hit the road"? What is the criteria for "inactive admin"? Do you plan to deadmin them or is there another route?
- Please elaborate on the very overused "response times" promise. Every single term fails that. What do you bring to the table that's different?

Other stuff on your thread I was curious have already been responded somewhere else or it's not something of interest to me atm. Thank you :)
Chadley wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:50 pm snip
As stated in the LARP, I think there have been bans that don't reflect the severity of actions of the players, nor the concerns of the administrative team.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34559
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34501
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=33402 (BASED HEADMIN RULING)

I think these are cases where all-in-all, players didn't really do much to receive the bans they did. There will obviously always be mistakes, I've made mistakes. Everyone does. But taking action to correct this, and correct this quickly, is what keeps the quality of bans high.

With the response times promise, I want to be on the scene of a ban appeal within 5 hours of a headmin request, ignoring the possibility that I've already read the ban. Nobody should have to sit out a ban that should've been lifted. I have faith in my peers to unban people as justified, but that being said, I'm committing to you now that I will get on the case as fast as I can.

When I say keep the distance between MRP and LRP I'm talking about policy from one server bleeding to the other, such as with the 3rd example I gave, powergaming is not banned on Sigil or LRP in general, it should not be enforced there.

Both servers should be able to keep their identities separate of each other, in the same way I wouldn't want an LRP ruling on MRP for opposite reasons.

For the admin question, we have 112 admins, I think a good starting point to cull the numbers is checking who would actually have playerclub access, if they aren't able to keep their standards, meeting with them privately to discuss the inactivity and determining if they still have enough knowledge of the game and dedication to adminning to continue. (Based on knowing current policy rulings, rules understanding). If someone just isn't playing the game or contributing.

Beyond this, if possible, I'd like to lock one of the admin channels, chatter or bus, by playtime, admins will have to have adminned 90 minutes within the last month to see the messages in that channel as to keep discussions based on the current climate of the servers, rather than takes from people who don't understand what is currently going on.

By anti-admin, I'm not against the team, I think we have a great group of people volunteering their time and effort to keep people following the rules and contributing to the game via DMing. I'm against the systems that disparage players; hivemind bans where admins don't question each other's choices, using old notes, using logs that aren't related to the ban in appeals, using unrelated notes to create a picture of the banned player being a shitter, etc.

Our practices should create bans that are definitely valid. When we strike someone down the quality of /tg/ should rise because of it. QC is important, but QC should also just be achieved by creating an undeniable record in someone's notes that they don't belong here rather than creating a record personally or through unofficial means.

Hope that answers everything.

TL;DR - Players should look at bans and begin SOBBING because the ban is so based there is nothing to peanut on.
► Show Spoiler
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #700461

Thanks for the response, ticked all the boxes of what I wanted to know 👍
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #700512

You know, so far this is my favorite candidate.

Everything on your thing so far seems really solid, so I guess I’ll ask. What are your plans for the players club? Is it in a good spot in your opinion? Is there a certain shit stirrer that you would like to see remained banned or unbanned?
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Chadley

Post by Chadley » #700519

The Wrench wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:02 am You know, so far this is my favorite candidate.

Everything on your thing so far seems really solid, so I guess I’ll ask. What are your plans for the players club? Is it in a good spot in your opinion? Is there a certain shit stirrer that you would like to see remained banned or unbanned?
I don't think finger-waggling is good. I like the player's club, however, I love Pepper's idea of making threads archive after 3 months. I don't think we get any good by the feedback loop of hating each other.

I don't want to speculate on if the players club will be up in arms again because I don't think anyone deserves a witch hunt.

In other news, I would love sinful back, and crag, but that's likely not good for us or them. I miss them, but I don't want to condemn them to more torment and anguish.
► Show Spoiler
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #701025

This is for Sinful when he inevitably gets unbanned.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #701556

You don't seem to understand the role you're applying for if you think picking fights and pushing admins to run more events is what your duties as a headmin would be, and I think that's due to a significant lack of experience on your part.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.