WineAllWine - I will permaban anyone who calls me wineal

Resolved.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

WineAllWine - I will permaban anyone who calls me wineal

Post by WineAllWine » #699530

We'll do this in 3 levels of complexity.

Level 1:
I want to make the game the most fun for the most people.

Level 2:
How do we make the game the most fun?
- Encourage admins to run events, give out tokens, do gimmicks.
- Encourage players to run events
- Reduce the amount of time spent on the shitty aspects of Administration

Level 3:
Everyone fucking love events. Even when they go wrong (and they often do), they're normally great. Yesterday I set the entire station on fire for a minute because someone prayed to the sun god. Many people died but I gave them a resurrection staff, so it was all good. Events should be encouraged amongst the admin team.
Players should be told they are allowed to ask GMs and ATs to run events if they have a good idea.
Gimmicks and TC trades should be encouraged to happen!
Make the events suggestion subforum more obvious
Give admins more freedom to give out tokens of any kind.

Nobody likes ban appeals or admin complaints, they suck. The less time spent on them the better.
I want to give people very quick feedback on their appeal complaint, within 1 day they should have heard from a headmin, even if that's just "we're aware this exists, but it's a complex issue so it might take a while"
Also fuck essayposting, I'm throwing any essays into the bin.

Herea my scrubby link:
https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Wineallwine

And here's a screenshot of the last 180 days of your activity:
Last edited by WineAllWine on Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Re: WineAllWine - I will permaban anyone who calls me wineal

Post by TheRex9001 » #700304

Besides events and faster appeals do you have any other policy dreams? Like in what direction do you want to push tg?
Kubisopplay
Byond Username: Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #700336

Ok wineal
Silicon main, enough said
Tell me how badly I fucked up here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32575
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #700396

Hi whineal I have some questions.

- How is the event encouragement going to happen? You mention this a lot, do you have a plan?
- What shitty aspects of administration do you mean? What's the plan to reduce it?

Other stuff on your thread I was curious have already been responded somewhere else or it's not something of interest to me atm. Thank you :)
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #700438

WineAllWine wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:35 am Also fuck essayposting, I'm throwing any essays into the bin.
If essayposting has to go then it has to goes for both admins and players and you need to define how long a post is before it is considered an essay.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #700471

TheRex9001 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:50 am Besides events and faster appeals do you have any other policy dreams? Like in what direction do you want to push tg?
As has been noted in the peanut thread I'm fairly pro status-quo. Some directions I'd like to push tg in:

-particularly on Terry players are reticent to adminhelp. I think this can be encouraged by a) it being part of a headmin campaign
b) thanking them for ahelping and actively encouraging it in the future
And c) telling them the outcome. C has historically been the thing I'm most dubious about but I think the encouragement to ahelp is begining to outweigh the annoyance to admins. And we're already welcome to shut down whataboutisms.

- chillax man! Whether this is more uses of the secret rule or just not being salty if you die. We're all here to have fun, supposedly.

- when RP happens on Terry it's really fun and people often lean into it. I'm by no means a manuelmin and you can check my scrubby for proof. And I don't intend to punish people for being lrp but tbh I think I would reward good gimmicks or RP on our lrp servers, and encourage others to do so.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #700472

conrad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:33 pm Hi whineal I have some questions.

- How is the event encouragement going to happen? You mention this a lot, do you have a plan?
- What shitty aspects of administration do you mean? What's the plan to reduce it?

Other stuff on your thread I was curious have already been responded somewhere else or it's not something of interest to me atm. Thank you :)
On event encouragement I want to promote the event ideas subforum to a forum and make part of the """"job"""" of being an admin trainer to oversee player events.

For point 2, being the subject of a ban appeal or admin complaint sucks limes. I'm not claiming that I'd be able to settle these faster than other headmins, but giving the defendants early & frequent updates into what is happening would make it a nicer experience I think.
Take it from me, I had an admin complaint and it ruined a day of my holiday this year
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #700475

Archie700 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:46 pm
WineAllWine wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:35 am Also fuck essayposting, I'm throwing any essays into the bin.
If essayposting has to go then it has to goes for both admins and players and you need to define how long a post is before it is considered an essay.
I agree this needs to apply equally between admins and players.
This was kind of a last minute jokey thing in my platform but I do genuinely believe in it.

So, with any ban appeal or admin complaint there are two things to consider.

1) did what is being said happen, happen?
2) if it did, was it against the rules.

The first is log diving, the second is admin discretion.

I genuinely think there would be merit in adding to the templates "in 100 words or less, what is your problem with this ban/complaint"

I think it would narrow us down on what the actual cause of the issue is.

As per the above comment about early and frequent responses to bans & complaints I'd want to let the admin know what I expect. Whether they need to provide logs to provide their side of the story, whether they need precedent, or whether they're relying on my judgement. This would all impact the amount of time it takes for a bappeal
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #700476

I now feel like I've essay posted as a response to "what would you do against essay posting" FUCK
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #700508

Thanks for the answers wine :)
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #701635

:D Wine is in my top 3 now, they gave me wine advice on polcon!
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #701728

Is this just a meme? If not, what does this entail?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #701744

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:32 am
Is this just a meme? If not, what does this entail?
No, it's not just a meme. If I see an appeal or complaint where it seems they're willfully obfuscating I will ask them to make their point more succinctly before considering it