Resolved.
xPokee
Byond Username: XPokee

xPokee - Another Manuel headmin candidate

Post by xPokee » #699896

xPokee 2024

If whenI become headmin I will crack down on three things

FIRST AND FOREMOST I WILL CRACK DOWN ON METAGANGS

Have I caught your attention? Good. Having friends is great, hanging out with your friends is also great. Hanging out with the same group of friends all round and every round to the point it lowers the quality of rounds for others, not so great. If I become a headmin I will work towards cracking down on this.

NEXT I WILL WORK TOWARDS MAKING SURE OUR ADMINS ARE ON THE SAME PAGE

Have you ever been bwoinked for something and told its bad only to then ahelp someone else for the exact thing and be told its okay? This is no good and creates confusion. So we will remove it by making sure the admin team are all on the same page on policies and stances on things.

THIRD OF ALL, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY I WILL BRING THE RP BACK TO MRP

Nobody seems to be sure about WHAT MRP is, just that it is *more* RP than Terry. Yet it seems the only major distinction is the escalation rules. I will work towards putting more in place helping to make Manuel the MRP environment it should be. Not just Terry 2 with more rules.

What is this idiot's qualifications?

I started playing almost a year ago, and already have nearly 2500 living hours and what is known as an unhealthy playtime. I know the ins and outs of the Manuel community

THANK YOU FOR COMING TO MY TEDTALK, HERE IS MY CAT
That one felinid player.
► Show Spoiler
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Re: xPokee - Another Manuel headmin candidate

Post by carshalash » #700680

I like your cat :)
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #700691

i like your cat too
Kubisopplay
Byond Username: Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #700728

I like your cat, but how do you intend to make everyone on team have the same stance?
Silicon main, enough said
Tell me how badly I fucked up here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32575
xPokee

Post by xPokee » #700752

Kubisopplay wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:08 pm I like your cat, but how do you intend to make everyone on team have the same stance?
It'd be less of making them have the same stance and more of making sure everyone is on the same page about policies and whatnot. So possibly examining controversial bans/ban appeals and having people see what could have been done differently, or even holding weekly/monthly meetings to check in on everyone and discuss recent controversial topics that some of the team may not be aware of. I kind of suck with words but basically making sure everyone is up to date on things happening, and at least somewhat on the same page, though obviously stances will vary.
That one felinid player.
► Show Spoiler
Somepan
Byond Username: Somepan

Post by Somepan » #700844

How do you intend to crack down on metagangs ?
► Show Spoiler
xPokee

Post by xPokee » #700877

Somepan wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:06 am How do you intend to crack down on metagangs ?
We need to observe the supposed metagangs/metafriends for a few rounds and note who they interact with and what they do. If they're interacting with a lot of other people and definitely contributing to the rounds? All fine and good, no need to take action. If they are only hanging around the same few people every round, never leaving someone's side over multiple rounds, etc, that's where the issue lies. I'd let them know that it's fine to have friends, but to make sure they're interacting with more than just their same group of friends every round to the point it's giving them IC benefits.
That one felinid player.
► Show Spoiler
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #700923

How do metagangs lower the quality of a round? And what counts as contributing to a round?
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
xPokee

Post by xPokee » #700936

Fren256 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:16 pm How do metagangs lower the quality of a round? And what counts as contributing to a round?
Well, for how they lower the quality of a round, there are a few perspectives to look at it from.
From an antagonist's perspective, being forced to go loud because your target refuses to be separated from their metafriend/gang is pretty unfun, especially knowing that if you failed, their entire metagang would likely hunt you down, along with security.

From another person in the department with a metagang's perspective, it can be quite frustrating feeling that a good portion of your co-workers either aren't doing the job the signed up for and instead hanging with their other metagang members, or are just taking over your job.

There is also the example of possibility three. Say you go into medbay, for a dislocated arm. There is one other patient in medbay currently being treated, but three doctors gathered around that one patient, all treating the same person instead of assisting you. That would be lowering the quality of the round for you.

As for what counts as contributing to a round, for the most part, just doing your job is a big part of it. If you're an antag, doing antagging, and otherwise, doing your job that you signed up for. Obviously that won't happen all round, every round. And it doesn't have to. Part of the fun of the game is much like in real life, slacking off to talk to your job friends. But when that kind of behaviour is constant it starts to become an issue.
That one felinid player.
► Show Spoiler
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #700992

You can apply regularly and stop metagangs as an admin, and you can introduce policy threads to help out MRP. Why do you need to be headmin for those two things?
xPokee

Post by xPokee » #700998

TheLoLSwat wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:36 pm You can apply regularly and stop metagangs as an admin, and you can introduce policy threads to help out MRP. Why do you need to be headmin for those two things?
Another one of the big issues is that admins being inconsistent with their rulings tends to happen a lot. Which is something I wouldn't really be able to help with much as an admin.
That one felinid player.
► Show Spoiler