The other two headmins are inactive and you also need to be inactive. What would you do before becoming inactive?

Resolved.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

The other two headmins are inactive and you also need to be inactive. What would you do before becoming inactive?

Post by Turbonerd » #700532

By inactivity, I mean at least 1 week of not performing headmin duties for any reason.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Re: The other two headmins are inactive and you also need to be inactive. What would you do before becoming inactive?

Post by Fikou » #700536

Inform the admin team.
If we're assuming 1/3 headmin votes work, try to handle any ban appeals for short bans and handle candidate->trial admin promotions. Most stuff can wait another week.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Re: The other two headmins are inactive and you also need to be inactive. What would you do before becoming inactive?

Post by kinnebian » #700539

Inform the admin team fully, sort any last minute business that can be done and go inactive for a week. Server wont go crashing down, its happened before, and for longer.
respect (let him do his thing)
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #700637

"Inform the admin team fully but more than Fikou or Kinnebian would." That's really just the best and only answer to this. I would need to alert the team, spend a day wrapping up as much shit as possible, and then try to keep the inactive period short.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #700644

Tg will survive a week without me shitposting in Admin-bus and other various serious channels

But yeah pretty much the only reasonable thing to do is inform the admin team. If the other two are already away its not like you can wrap up anything anyhow. I guess you could prepare stuff for the other two to look at assuming they get back before you.

General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #700651

In case it's a really busy week that absolutely requires headmins to do things, probably briefly promote someone competent and active to do what needs to be done during the unspecified amount of time until at least one of us returns. In the event it is entirely a normal week with nothing going on, simply mentioning we're all out is likely more than enough.
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #700653

Turbonerd wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:41 am By inactivity, I mean at least 1 week of not performing headmin duties for any reason.
Let the admin team know when to expect me back and that they should probably let people know requesting headmin review or admin complainting shit that response time will be delayed due to headmins being out.

If I'm the first back I'll start looking at the backlog of bullshit, start compiling summaries so that when the 2nd or 3rd gets back we can just start banging stuff out. If I'm not back but the other 2 are I'll just tell them to do whatever without me, just keep the show rolling.
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #700668

Turbonerd wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:41 am By inactivity, I mean at least 1 week of not performing headmin duties for any reason.
If I go inactive for an extended period of time I will simply step down and hand the keys to Goofball.
help
Kubisopplay
Byond Username: Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #700729

Announce it to team, and try to at least keep some contact. If other two would be unlikely to come back within a month I'd probably do a quick thonk about temporarily delegating the responsibility to some GM.
Silicon main, enough said
Tell me how badly I fucked up here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32575
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #700730

It's pretty hard to imagine a situation where I'd step away and be unable to internet for a week, I guess I get hit by a bus or something, that's the one work always trots out. Though I don't get much lead time for that.

Regardless, to answer the hypothetical anyway, the place should generally run just fine for a week. Definitely sub-optimal but pretty sure the place won't burn down in absence. Make sure everyone knows, make double sure the Game Masters know and ask them to fill in if absolutely necessary. They already know the job better than I currently do but thinking of things like "admins going dangerously rogue with their powers" suddenly, or compromised accounts, stuff they'd probably have some handling of anyway, but basically any "emergency" that might need prompt handling, and hopefully between them they'll have people who can step up to the plate there.

Edit: I guess I didn't answer "beyond a week". Two weeks here feels kinda pushing it, proper delegation to let the other headmins process stuff will probably have to be done, and anything longer than two weeks probably invites replacement, temporarily or for the rest of the term.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #700808

All the other candidates who are admins have explained this better than I would. It's obvious.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #700812

Cheshify wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:48 am "Inform the admin team fully but more than Fikou or Kinnebian would."
Changing my answer, I would inform the admin team the amount Chesify is but times infinity
respect (let him do his thing)
xPokee
Byond Username: XPokee

Post by xPokee » #700827

I would inform the rest of the admin team, but far more than any of the other headmin candiates would. I would personally deliver them handwritten letters, page them, message them, text them, and leave at least five voicemails. All jokes aside though, I would try to wrap up any urgent business and let the rest of the team know.
That one felinid player.
► Show Spoiler
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #700971

really depends on how long the absence is but i'd probably just give the keys to vekter for the duration of the absence. ideally we'd leave a trio of folks but 1. i cant think of anyone else off the top of my head and 2. the "keys" would literally be mostly responding to questions from admins, so i don't see the point in leaving a trio.

for serious serious matters, game masters are available for things like that. they're already present for serious matters- there's a reason we don't retire them (because they usually give heavy input on serious matters)

if vekter wouldn't want to take the keys just for the week i'd probably cry. it would feel like i left the oven turned on the entire time i'd be gone.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)