Favourite role

Resolved.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Favourite role

Post by WineAllWine » #700809

It feels weird we've not had any chill candidate debates so far.

Please share your absolute favorite roles to play. You can include a favourite crew role and a favourite antag role
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Re: Favourite role

Post by WineAllWine » #700810

My favourite crew role is medborg - they're much better at the job than humans are.

Ad antag my favourite job is ninja
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #700811

Favourite crew role? Scientist or assistant. Roles that let me mess around and set up fun gimmicks without anyone looking over my shoulder. I always love to make stupid structures or odd circuits.

Favorite antag role? Heretic. I love the theming, side paths and difficulty. Theres some really cool abilites that never get used! Currently Ive done every ascension, apart from cosmic, flesh and blade.
respect (let him do his thing)
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #700822

WineAllWine wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:28 am My favourite crew role is medborg - they're much better at the job than humans are.
I didn't know you were a real one like that. Based af.

For me its obviously Ai. But since that's a given, I'll spill my favorite carbon role lately: Head of Personnel. I treat it like the Captain's babysitter and its great fun.

As far as antags go, I actually don't like malf that much mechanically. But it's rich in flavor and has lead to some of my favorite moments thematically.

xPokee
Byond Username: XPokee

Post by xPokee » #700826

WineAllWine wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:26 am Please share your absolute favorite roles to play. You can include a favourite crew role and a favourite antag role
For favourite job, I'd probably say assistant. It's fun for just chilling and helping out in tiny ways (bringing science the neglected fern and strange objects), doing gimmicks, or just space exploring.

As for antags, it's more of a two-part thing. I enjoy playing as obsessed a lot as it allows me to roleplay with players I rarely interact with. But I love playing against war ops and having the whole crew come together for a common goal.
That one felinid player.
► Show Spoiler
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #700828

Very true, love warops on MRP for being just an "Alright you crazy kiddos, go ahead, you can powergame now:)"

Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #700833

CMO / Assistant, I'm either chilling in medical or fucking around with the tide. Big ups to greyshirts.
► Show Spoiler
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #700834

This is a fun question! I tend to hop between a lot of different jobs, though I used to play Atmos Tech for hundreds upon hundreds of hours I just can't enjoy it anymore since a lot of the crew interactivity isn't there anymore. My new go-to jobs are usually in flux between QM, Roboticist, and Secoff. I also have some impressive hours on Bartender. That's the issue with this game, there are too many varied and fun jobs for me to just call one my favourite, I love hopping between different experiences.

Heretic used to be my favourite antag, but now with dynamic they're spawned so often that I feel they've lost all of their horror factor. I would say it always brightens my day when a Blob shows up for a midround, and my favourite roundstart antagonist would probably be changeling since they still retain a lot of spooky elements.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #700835

I'm a long time CMO player and very much enjoy keeping med (more or less) in one piece. I like heretic and headrev
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #700848

for jobs, probably assistant and med doctor (maybe cargo tech too, though i wish that had more content), but i like most jobs that are player interaction centered
for antags, war ops is cool as hell, just rolling up to the station with a shitton of firepower to mow people down! also ninja is really cool, it's basically a power fantasy antag where you fuck around and don't find out
Kubisopplay
Byond Username: Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #700864

Crew is ofc borg.
As for antag, wizard/ninja, since it's easiest to evade the validhunters on terrance
Silicon main, enough said
Tell me how badly I fucked up here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32575
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #700867

My play time just kinda answers this. I joined loving the idea of engineering and fixing things, but moved on to medical where I fix people instead, it's somewhat more meaningful in terms of game impact I guess, with CMO being my main role.

I don't really do a lot of antagging, but of the TDM modes of nukies/cult/revs I always kinda liked the depth and options cult have, there's so many tools and options and the game mode has well defined end goals for both teams, given how powerful both ranged weapons vs most cult, and cult stun vs everyone else can often be I feel it really pays off to stick together in groups and it can create an interesting dynamic. Versus say nukies and revs where it's largely just "avoid the hot zones".
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #700974

i like medical doctor the most because i get to Heal People and it's very satisfying. the job never feels meaningless.

been playing a lot of engineering lately to try to fix things up and keep the round going. you get to move around other departments as you fix things up and talk to other people. very fun. especially with the recent efforts for reconstruction to be made easier!
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)