What would you change for our MRP servers

Resolved.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

What would you change for our MRP servers

Post by Dax Dupont » #700887

What is your opinion on the current state of the MRP servers, and what would be the first thing you'd like to change?
xPokee
Byond Username: XPokee

Re: What would you change for our MRP servers

Post by xPokee » #700896

Dax Dupont wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:01 pm What is your opinion on the current state of the MRP servers, and what would be the first thing you'd like to change?
My opinion on the current state of our MRP servers is that they are far more like LRP than they are MRP. If you were to compare them to other MRP servers, the difference is night and day.

I think the first thing I would like to change would be cracking down on naming policy. Goofy names are fine, names like Dreary Gertrude Doom are fine and funny to encounter. However I've ran into a lot of names that I feel would be far more suited to LRP. The biggest one I can think of recently is a non-clown human named Windsor Castle.
That one felinid player.
► Show Spoiler
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #700899

I am generally pretty satisfied with my experience on MRP. If I had to nitpick somethings, I wish we could have even less of the playing to win mindset, but I'm not sure that would even be a rules thing and feels more like a cultural type deal. Personally when I play security, I'm all about that catch and release, cat and mouse (generally speaking, exceptional circumstances change that ofc). HOWEVER, even having said that, anecdotally I feel we scrutinize security players a great deal more than we do antagonistss. Antags were granted a great deal more freedom in the MRP rules re-write, did security freedom keep up? Are they ok right now? I feel like I've seen some odd admin action lately over security gameplay. Maybe we need some more clarity in that regard, as to how their place in that dynamic works on MRP.

kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #700904

I would answer, but it would just be copying what Sightld2 said.
respect (let him do his thing)
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #700908

I would answer, but it would just be copying what Kinnebian said.
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #700927

I'm looking to improve the current sec-antagonist and sec-crew dynamic on MRP (I've heard "Prisoner's Dilemma" way too many times Kill Me), and I think the first step to achieving this is through pushing through a cleaned-up and improved Space Law so offending crew are arrested for actual crimes and not the "general vibe of crime" that a player described to me. The idea is to raise standards for sec and improve legitimacy of crew arrests, while not shackling sec when dealing with antagonists and getting floored. Better explanations for this are on my thread because I don't feel like copy pasting the same thing here too.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #701067

Enforce Roleplay Rule 1 harder. If we want MRP to carve out a niche for itself we should really be slapping NRP behaviour more often. Actions like expanding the soft filter for netspeak and giving players a more comprehensive (and enforcable) Space Law as Thrax proposed could be good, but I want to hear more from what the community wants out of our ROLEPLAY server.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #701270

I'm not overly familiar with the current situation with MRP ; I do hear things by keeping my ear to the ground in admin channels but nothing has stuck out as a problem that really needs to be solved. That said, if one does then there's plenty of ways to try push things forward.