Campaign promises outside of being headmin.

Resolved.
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Campaign promises outside of being headmin.

Post by NamelessFairy » #701033

Barely any questions in this subforum this term so I'll throw one (maybe more) in.

What steps have you taken to achieve your campaign promises so far and if you haven't taken any, why? Consider why you need to be headmin to accomplish your goals by bringing up the roadblocks you faced while pushing for the ideas in your platform.

Additionally if you do not get elected do you still plan to push for your campaign goals?
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Re: Campaign promises outside of being headmin.

Post by Fikou » #701034

let's go through my campaign
>enforce ooc in ic
i do
>putting stuff on word filter
impossible as an admin, and at least one of the current headmins is against it. i will push for it even if i dont get elected
>low amount of headmins needed for decisions
this is decided by a headmin team at the start of the term
>be keyholder
im not key holder
>experiment with hub status and event servers, repopulate campbell
hard to do as just an admin without access to news channels or the server box to experiment
>centralize info
this requires a bunch of work that needs powers over the forum and wiki, and not working on it directly would be frustrating, but i would encourage the headmin team to work on that
as for why i havent tried it with the current team i only came up with it recently when training an admin
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #701068

Well for events, considering the next major event should be the Headmin Debates I'm pushing for the team to be proactive in preparing them, however since I can't put too much work into it to prevent bias I'm incredibly limited in the scope of my assistance beyond poking the team. I wouldn't be able to accomplish everything EASILY without staying as a headmin, but I believe expanding the events team and running polls is something I might be able to do (with some difficulty) given enough pestering of the winning team.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #701075

This term has a draft for sil-pol out and I did expect it to be out soon. Why I personally want to sit over it and polish it is because frankly I trust myself to do so with experience in the role that is likely only rivaled by Misdoubtful on the current team. There are elements I want that are missing from the Draft, that I believe would be beneficial to players both carbon and silicon. When I made policy threads, they were swept up into the re-write.

Also, that naming policy forum has just been sitting in policy discussion untouched for the past 4 months.

kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #701079

everything in my thread is either something that could not be done while being an normal admin or would be very hard to do without being an headmin
respect (let him do his thing)
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #701162

I haven't made steps towards a space law revision because it was something I only seriously considered roughly a ~1 week before, after discussion with Manuel players and remembering sec experiences of my own. I'd also require the ability to edit the wiki page, which I do not have.

Ever since my first candidate discontinued their trial because IRL business (that we only discovered until a few months ago), I've been looking to keep a close eye on my remaining two candidates to see that they make it to the end of their trial (of which it looks like they will, they are doing wonderfully). I am definitely capable of giving suggestions to trainers to keep an eye on their candidates (in fact, this term already has), but I want trainers (and by extension, me) to take an active stance to be the ones involved on making sure any concerns with trialmins about inactivity / conduct are addressed early and not way later in the term, and raise it from the level of just a suggestion.

I also intend on bringing on more trainers from all the servers, which I very much cannot do right now.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #701273

My platform is largely to do the job, largely based on me delivering that in my current role.

There was a point Fikou I think made about admin training resources and I mentioned on my thread that I'd always wanted to document 'tricks' (as in special items, proc calls, magical vars, sdql's and other stuff that training can never really cover in any depth), I did start work on this (it's on my wiki user page), but struggled with organising stuff in a way that I felt would scale out, which limited me adding stuff. It's also out of date by now in at least two places. I should really go back to this some day, but it mostly exists as a thought experiment in organising information usefully for now.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #701283

iain0 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:31 pm There was a point Fikou I think made about admin training resources and I mentioned on my thread that I'd always wanted to document 'tricks' (as in special items, proc calls, magical vars, sdql's and other stuff that training can never really cover in any depth), I did start work on this (it's on my wiki user page), but struggled with organising stuff in a way that I felt would scale out, which limited me adding stuff. It's also out of date by now in at least two places. I should really go back to this some day, but it mostly exists as a thought experiment in organising information usefully for now.
this is fucking awesome. you should pick this back up some time. a lot of really cool things are just locked away in the memories of admins. having some way of getting to that info without having to go @supportmin HOW DO I USE SQDL TO MAKE SPELLS would be, frankly, really nice.

do you have a link to it? i wanna LOOK

also im sure a lot of folks would want to contribute, too.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #701306

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:03 pm
iain0 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:31 pm There was a point Fikou I think made about admin training resources and I mentioned on my thread that I'd always wanted to document 'tricks' (as in special items, proc calls, magical vars, sdql's and other stuff that training can never really cover in any depth), I did start work on this (it's on my wiki user page), but struggled with organising stuff in a way that I felt would scale out, which limited me adding stuff. It's also out of date by now in at least two places. I should really go back to this some day, but it mostly exists as a thought experiment in organising information usefully for now.
this is fucking awesome. you should pick this back up some time. a lot of really cool things are just locked away in the memories of admins. having some way of getting to that info without having to go @supportmin HOW DO I USE SQDL TO MAKE SPELLS would be, frankly, really nice.

do you have a link to it? i wanna LOOK

also im sure a lot of folks would want to contribute, too.
Sure, it's here on my TG wiki page for now, it's very early stages and I have a bunch more stuff I could add myself, and after that passing it around admins to collect more stuff would be good with the end goal being hopefully, if possible, a wiki page thats public read and admin editable, so any admin can contribute, correct or comment on things going forward, which will hopefully help stop it stagnating too much, and have no issue with it being out there for others to reference with a compatible codebase.

I put enough stuff in to reach the point of struggling to organise it, there's all sorts of scopes like trying to categorise the effects, which is pretty difficult, but the severity and complexity of stuff in here swings wildly from one end to the other, there are far more serious blobs of SDQL and stuff that can be added, and at the same time I've documented adding the waddling element, which is about as simple as it gets, maybe gets shown as an example in training but probably get forgotten, so its mostly just new-admin useful.

If the goal is to make things 'findable' for reference later, sorting by some kind of category system seems best and that's the hard part. Otherwise breaking it down into "here's notable items/components/vars/sdql/lua" probably works but makes a difficult scan/read.

It may just be one of those projects where no matter what you devise, you eventually find something that feels like an awkward outlier and end up not being happy with any organisation system, perhaps items/components/etc is the least worst in terms of things fitting in at the top level.

SDQL spells died, its circuit guns now :)
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #701315

Unfortunately I can't do any of the things I've campaigned on right now because they all require the authority of headmins to act on.

But at the very least I will be funny, if for whatever reason I'm blocked from following up on my campaign platforms I can guarantee 100% that an ANIMETIDDIES term will be entertaining to watch.
help