Your competitors platforms.

Resolved.
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Your competitors platforms.

Post by NamelessFairy » #701039

What platform points do your competitors have that you particular like? Would you try implementing it if you win and they dont?

What platform points do your competitors have that you particularly oppose? Would you attempt to block them should you both win or do you have a compromise you would offer?
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Re: Your competitors platforms.

Post by Sightld2 » #701043

Thrax makes a very good point on the relevancy of Space law to MRP. Its kinda silly how unhelpful it is in its current state. Hell, with the previous set of MRP rules, it was literally bait and encouraged breaking the RP rules. If I won I would love to look closely at this with Thrax and other security mains, to make Space law an actually useful guide.

Also someone said "Its jover" on manuel the other day so yeah Fikou's got a point on the filter thingy maybe.

Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #701055

Charmodias is pretty based. Moving towards a more temporary notes system is a great idea but not something I would push super hard for during a term personally.

I don't like candidates with the whole "I love this game and I just want to keep the lights on! :3c" platform. Someone who feels compelled enough to run for headmin ought to have a good reason to, beyond the fact that they're an olympic ticket closer. And no, "I want to do more events" doesn't count on it's own without something with at least theoretical substance.
help
xPokee
Byond Username: XPokee

Post by xPokee » #701059

NamelessFairy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:20 pm What platform points do your competitors have that you particular like? Would you try implementing it if you win and they dont?
I really like Chesh's idea of having more polls. I'm honestly not sure why we don't have them already. I would definitely push for having them if I somehow win and Chesh doesn't.
Fikou's stance on ock ick is good, I have heard about how bad it is on the LRP servers, and I have witnessed firsthand how bad it can get on Manuel.
NamelessFairy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:20 pm What platform points do your competitors have that you particularly oppose? Would you attempt to block them should you both win or do you have a compromise you would offer?
Fulp and Iwishforducks' plans to remove felinids. I would 100% try to block that if I won.
That one felinid player.
► Show Spoiler
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #701064

NamelessFairy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:20 pm What platform points do your competitors have that you particular like? Would you try implementing it if you win and they dont?

What platform points do your competitors have that you particularly oppose? Would you attempt to block them should you both win or do you have a compromise you would offer?
I am personally a fan of Thrax's view of Space Law. Our roleplay guide should be enforceable on our Roleplay server no? It would be a massive undertaking to rewrite all of it, but I have some experience with the matter.

Kinnebian has a great idea with his admin swapping program. TGstation has a great admin-base, and exporting the healthy culture we have while also making new friends + getting fresh ideas sounds like a great way to make sure the team stays on their toes.

I also agree with xPokee's cat very cute good cat.

As for concepts I dislike, well. I want to preface this with me disagreeing with a talking point does not mean I dislike the person.

The entire concept of "removing Felinids" is lame. They have their reasons for existing which have been debated over ad-infinitum (being cute, liking to play weird cat people, running with a gimmick, not wanting the AI as a perma crutch) and at this point it only servers to get free votes.

Kubi is a very cool dude however threatening a forkening within their campaign thread is just silly. Forking means massive instability and losing a lot of talented coders in more pointless ss13 drama. The point of the game is to have fun, not to fight civil wars.

MRP / LRP server tribalism is lame, we should not be enforcing it or trying to urge specific admins to only handle specific issues. That's all I have to say on that.

Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #701070

Sure, heres some.
  • Fikou's goal of centralizing the important admin information is something that runs quite closely with my ideas of cleaning up the main rules, headmin rulings and adding a rules-bus. These are all things done in the name of making it easier to read, follow and enforce the rules without going through 5 outdated forums and scrolling past 20 unusable headmin rulings. This is something I would try to implement if I win and they do not.
  • Peppper's Idea of reintroducing event hall as a occasional server for big events or madness is something nobody has really talked about, and its an idea that would work really well with the player-ran events and events-channel I mentioned in my thread. This is something I would try to implement if I win and they do not.
  • In addition, I also support Peppers idea to give headroles more leeway in defending their workplace and focusing them more on their own department.
  • Chesify's Kurt sector is something that I would 100% support as much as I can, but is also something I cant see myself doing. I have no clue how to approach SS14 as it is, but I'm aware that its fast becoming a viable alternative to ss13 and getting a prescence on there would be terrific.
  • I would support Sightld2's Petition to further unrestrict moth names. It'd be funny.
NamelessFairy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:20 pm What platform points do your competitors have that you particularly oppose? Would you attempt to block them should you both win or do you have a compromise you would offer?
I oppose and would block the following:
Removal Of Felenids As a roundstart race.
Stripping Maint access from assistants.
Delaying bans when appealed.
Further splitting of LRP and MRP.
Pepper wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:00 pm I don't like candidates with the whole "I love this game and I just want to keep the lights on! :3c" platform. Someone who feels compelled enough to run for headmin ought to have a good reason to, beyond the fact that they're an olympic ticket closer. And no, "I want to do more events" doesn't count on it's own without something with at least theoretical substance.
Name names, nerd. Don't just vaguely imply an enemy or bad idea.
respect (let him do his thing)
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #701081

kinnebian wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:35 pm Name names, nerd. Don't just vaguely imply an enemy or bad idea.
Okay, sure.

- iain0 is quite literally campaigning himself as the "safe option." He's an extremely active admin and that's a great quality but the only specifics he mentions are things that are preexisting issues that the current term didn't have enough time to get around to. Otherwise he doesn't bring any actual new ideas to the table.

- WineAllWine's campaign lacks any kind of substance whatsoever. I'm not sure if his position is just that there isn't any server changes that need to be made or what but all his thread seems to talk about is the fact that he will do the monotonous paperwork aspect of headmining (which anyone could do, in theory.) He also describes himself as "pro-status quo."

Both of these guys are clearly in the running for the admin vote but I don't think they have anything going for them beyond the fact that they're extremely active. They could continue to contribute to the server as GameAdmins with no discernible loss because they really don't even want the headmin role to accomplish something particular anyways.

- Gupta's thread contains absolutely nothing which is why nobody has been able to ask a question yet. He talks about mentors or something but I have absolutely no clue what he's talking about. Maybe I'm just out of the loop.
help
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #701123

Pepper wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:59 pm
kinnebian wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:35 pm Name names, nerd. Don't just vaguely imply an enemy or bad idea.
Okay, sure.

- iain0 is quite literally campaigning himself as the "safe option." He's an extremely active admin and that's a great quality but the only specifics he mentions are things that are preexisting issues that the current term didn't have enough time to get around to. Otherwise he doesn't bring any actual new ideas to the table.

- WineAllWine's campaign lacks any kind of substance whatsoever. I'm not sure if his position is just that there isn't any server changes that need to be made or what but all his thread seems to talk about is the fact that he will do the monotonous paperwork aspect of headmining (which anyone could do, in theory.) He also describes himself as "pro-status quo."

Both of these guys are clearly in the running for the admin vote but I don't think they have anything going for them beyond the fact that they're extremely active. They could continue to contribute to the server as GameAdmins with no discernible loss because they really don't even want the headmin role to accomplish something particular anyways.

- Gupta's thread contains absolutely nothing which is why nobody has been able to ask a question yet. He talks about mentors or something but I have absolutely no clue what he's talking about. Maybe I'm just out of the loop.
I don't reject this characterisation in the slightest. I think I am a safe option and would make an good headmin (as would Iain). I don't think the measure of a headmin is how much change they can effect.
(For what it's worth there is absolutely zero chance I get the admin vote, I will probably be the first admin dropped from the STV)
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #701156

Ones I liked and wanted to look into
my thread wrote:Pepper - Head role policy
Kinnebian - Rules-bus discord channel
Kinnebian - Admin swapping
Cheshify - Monthly polls
ones i didnt like
coder related stuff from bug and kubi
removal of felinid and maint access
split of lrp and mrp
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #701160

Somethings that stick out to me:
  • I like Bugstep's thoughts on non-human heads, and I don't think it'd really hinder roleplay.
  • Pepper wanting to raise the standard of heads of staff is very interesting to me as well, and something I would very much like to see.
  • Silicons being less aligned one way or the other and being more neutral is great, and I'd support Sight on it.
  • Fikou offers quicker headmin response times for non-important things through a simple majority instead of unanimous decision, that I'm very much on aboard with.
  • Iwishforduck's admintraining suggestion is pretty nice. Probably will explore that a bit myself.
  • I'm a big fan of destroying Striders. Good job Kubi.
  • Sadly I dislike pretty much everything else from Kubi's platform. Forking the codebase and having balance goblins doesn't seem like the brightest idea, something shared with Bugstep's platform.
  • The proposal of Iwishforducks and Willard to remove felinids is silly and I see little benefit. I'm sure they could be removed if their features were rolled into something human could choose but that's for coders.
  • Willard's removal of maintenance access from assistance. If you really want to crack down on tiding, it should be done at the hand of the admins and not something in config.
  • Chadley and Pepper's insisting on splitting MRP to be under an MRP headmin. I'd rather the full team of headmins be involved with making MRP-related decisions and not just one random guy. I'll most definitely consider any compromises they bring up but I'm not going to budge on the current suggestions for it.
Pretty much anything else on peoples' platforms I'm completely indifferent about, and would neither specifically push to get codified nor oppose.