Should Manuel and The LRP servers have a different ban list?

Resolved.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Should Manuel and The LRP servers have a different ban list?

Post by The Wrench » #701209

Being that both communities have different rules in different cultures and different administration styles. Should a ban acquired on Manuel bar you from playing on LRP?
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Re: Should Manuel and The LRP servers have a different ban list?

Post by Sightld2 » #701219

I think in theory, MRP bans could work, they just require the admin team to know exactly when to use them and when not to. If specifically the MRP ruleset is what a player is struggling to keep up with, then maybe. I know LRP admins don't like the idea of us sending them our worst players. There's arguments to be had about "Well if they can't follow some rules, can they follow any?" and "They broke the rules, simple as, they need a timeout, doesn't matter which server."

I would support the presence of the option, I wouldn't mind it being there code-wise, but the Admins I feel would need to exercise extreme care and nuance to using it.

Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #701224

Server bans should be global, players who are incapable of following MRP rules should not be sent to LRP as LRP servers are not lesser and shouldn't be receiving the "chaff". In addition, I think this would just lead to people going to their least preferred server type to grief since the ban doesn't effect them on their home server.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #701232

No, but MRP notes shouldn't be taken into account when viewing a players record on LRP servers.
help
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #701241

No, for the reasons stated by ches.
respect (let him do his thing)
xPokee
Byond Username: XPokee

Post by xPokee » #701267

The Wrench wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:06 am Being that both communities have different rules in different cultures and different administration styles. Should a ban acquired on Manuel bar you from playing on LRP?
If you're so much of a shitter that you managed to get banned from LRP servers, you shouldn't be able to then go and play on an MRP environment without getting your ban appealed. And vice versa.
That one felinid player.
► Show Spoiler
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #701279

No. I think we could have MRP-only bans that are applied for people who just Don't Fit on MRP while being okay players otherwise (and aren't obviously griefing MRP) but that's a code thing and too much effort.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #701303

I'm not sure there's a slice where separating really fits, like sure, a player may just not be able to integrate into MRP but then they can just choose not to play MRP. Regardless the goal on both servers is to "follow the rules" and while they're different on MRP they're not /that/ different that if you instantly rack up a ban on MRP you probably deserve that. I would imagine the MRP admins periodically deal with things like 'players not staying in their lane' and I would imagine they guide players about MRP and LRP too and probably start by noting people, ultimately the player probably has plenty of chances to make a reasonable choice before they hit banning, or they're not making a reasonable choice in the first place in their behaviour on the server.
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #701329

No, ban them the same. If you're noticing an LRP trend on Manuel, it's worth graciously mentioning that the player's style might make them more likely to gravitate toward Sigil or Terry.

Separating bans would drive the servers apart with enough whiplash to piss off everyone, imho.
► Show Spoiler
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #701398

If you fuck around on Sybil you shouldn't get a 2nd chance on Manuel, and vice versa. An especially important concern of mine is that people will go to one or the other server and intentionally grief them simply because they won't get banned from the other. It's more shit piled on top of the already high pile of shit that Admins need to deal with and keep track of that I don't think anyone is clamoring to oversee.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #701447

Everyone else has made excellent points, having a weird second chance system is just silly. Follow the rules of the server you're on. If you break the rules of MRP you're likely to be told that perhaps LRP might suit you better. Follow the advice.
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #701498

No, if you get banned on either server I don't think you'll do much better on the other. Both LRP and MRP are still subject to our main rules, after all.