Configuration changes

Resolved.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Configuration changes

Post by Dax Dupont » #701507

As headmin, which setting, if any would you like to change?
Examples would be tweaking dynamic or maint access for assistants.

For reference
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... ptions.txt
xPokee
Byond Username: XPokee

Re: Configuration changes

Post by xPokee » #701508

Dax Dupont wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:04 pm As headmin, which setting, if any would you like to change?
Examples would be tweaking dynamic or maint access for assistants.

For reference
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... ptions.txt
Something I've been toying with the idea of is disabling the roundstart threat-level report. I feel like it would cut down on a lot of the self antagging and general shittery done on greenshifts if the crew was not AWARE that it was a greenshift.

Making ghosts able to spin chairs would be funny, but I can already see why it is currently disabled.
That one felinid player.
► Show Spoiler
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #701513

Id like to try disabling greenshifts on LRP fully.
respect (let him do his thing)
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #701517

I'd like to be rid of "HUMANS_NEED_SURNAMES." whether you like or don't like that humans need two names, it seems odd to enforce it from a code perspective to me.

I wouldn't touch dynamic without the guidance of someone very familiar with the system like Spookuni or Mothblocks herself. That being said, I agree with Kinnebian in that if LRP players don't want greenshifts, then we should turn them off. The idea should be ran with a poll though.

AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #701528

-1 maint mice.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #701622

I'm interested in dynamics options, I'm not a huge fan of removing green shifts "in theory", but in practise when green shifts do show up, particularly given dynamics additional ability to create a threat split that creates no round start threats, I'm likely to end up interfering and adding a few light things. Especially if we've already had a quieter shift within the last few rounds (dynamic doesn't really have a memory for mapping out an evening's gaming session diversely). And if thats such a "go to" behaviour from admins then perhaps removing green shifts and letting the "10 threat with 0 round start allocation" rounds be the new occasional green shift?