Greenshift, the ligger ruling, and others

Resolved.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Greenshift, the ligger ruling, and others

Post by ekaterina » #701758

I have three questions for the headmin candidates:

1. What are your thoughts on disabling greenshift on LRP, if the current term doesn't live up to its ruling before the hand-off period?

2. What are your thoughts on the recent ruling regarding the use of "ligger"? Do you have plans to alter or overturn it?

3. Do you consider the repeated creation of transgender symbols, or similar, in consecutive rounds, and/or across large swathes of the station, to be OOC in IC?

Question 1 has been answered by kinnebian, Sightld2, and iain0 in a thread about config changes and their answers are as follows:
kinnebian wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:30 pm Id like to try disabling greenshifts on LRP fully.
Sightld2 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:57 pm I agree with Kinnebian in that if LRP players don't want greenshifts, then we should turn them off. The idea should be ran with a poll though.
iain0 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:54 pm I'm interested in dynamics options, I'm not a huge fan of removing green shifts "in theory", but in practise when green shifts do show up, particularly given dynamics additional ability to create a threat split that creates no round start threats, I'm likely to end up interfering and adding a few light things. Especially if we've already had a quieter shift within the last few rounds (dynamic doesn't really have a memory for mapping out an evening's gaming session diversely). And if thats such a "go to" behaviour from admins then perhaps removing green shifts and letting the "10 threat with 0 round start allocation" rounds be the new occasional green shift?
Last edited by ekaterina on Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: Greenshift, the ligger ruling, and others

Post by Cheshify » #701770

1. I'd probably use my poll system in mind to determine if it's what people generally want and then make consistent checkups on how the community feels. People may find that they miss the very rare relaxed shift for funny projects and RP.

2. It's the best compromise we can possibly get, I don't know why anyone would ever want to overturn it. Everyone is happy here because people who want to say it can say it, and the eternal motto of "Fuck around and find out" is present.
3)Do not ask headmins about a particular players conduct, generalise your question, this is not a forum to use the headmin candidates to attack other people
3. I'm not answering this considering the debate rules
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #701773

Cheshify wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:28 pm 3. I'm not answering this considering the debate rules
I don't think it violated that rule. It's only a particular player's conduct in the sense that a player has done it previously. Such questions have been asked in the past and that wasn't an issue. Nonetheless, I updated the question just in case, feel free to answer now.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #701775

3. No, trans people exist in the far future, transphobes do not. This is a pretty well established ruling. Racism, Sexism, and Bigotry outside of Species-ism is dead. Any real life bigotry has no space in the game.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
xPokee
Byond Username: XPokee

Post by xPokee » #701817

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:59 pm I have three questions for the headmin candidates:

1. What are your thoughts on disabling greenshift on LRP, if the current term doesn't live up to its ruling before the hand-off period?

2. What are your thoughts on the recent ruling regarding the use of "ligger"? Do you have plans to alter or overturn it?

3. Do you consider the repeated creation of transgender symbols, or similar, in consecutive rounds, and/or across large swathes of the station, to be OOC in IC?
  1. I would probably leave that up to a poll, like Chesh suggested. I don't really know enough about the LRP playerbase to decide that one for myself.
  2. I think the recent ruling is fair. I mean, we're far off in the space future and the only slur for lizards people can think of is a one letter changed version of a real world slur? Get creative with it people. Call lizards tail draggers or something.
  3. No? Why would it be? The code itself has trans socks, and trans pins. I don't see what the issue is here.
That one felinid player.
► Show Spoiler