Resolved.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Temp AdminCandidate feedback

Post by iamgoofball » #11958

Bottom post of the previous page:

i was just pointing out that I shouldn't be in the txt. see number 2.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #12010

When there is no volume slider, it means you should manually change the volume of the midis in an audio editing program if you want to play them over and over, not blame it on BYOND. When playing sounds is the full extent of your "job", you should make sure they're good sounds.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #12153

miggles did you read the part about how I can't adjust the volumes of midis with exterior programs?

From what I can find there's no way for me to adjust the volume of a MIDI. If there's a way link me.
Braindude

Post by Braindude » #12158

paprika wrote:Ahahaha okay well mugen lloris is a huge grey tide griefer please do not give him the time of day until his play style has improved at least a tiny bit. The few months I spent on sybil, he was up there on the list of people I'd generally avoid because of their tendency to grief and shit as greyshirt. That's my input on DoM.
I haven't seen a lot of him, but the few times I saw him he was greytiding, yeah. I agree
I play apple ringer

Dawn of Man

Post by Dawn of Man » #12176

I don't think I've ever greytided.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #12181

Following paprka's feedback, i'm arranging Leibniz taking on the AdminTrainer mantle.
I play Boris Pepper.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #12190

Ah jeez. At least I knew Bluespace existed. Atleast I've SEEN Bluespace.
though I guess I haven't played on sybil in "a while"
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #12195

Well you wanted an oldfag and you got one of the oldest ones.
Now you don't want an oldfag?

????
crack is whack but smacks got your back
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #13926

you people and your semantics.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #14779

TheGel, Exalted12, and Stickymayhem have been ACing a lot on Sibyl because they ask and I say 'sure', and I've been rather impressed so far. They're not gigantic assholes, and I cannot stress how important that is enough. Seriously. They like, help people, and want to do fun things, and you know, have energy to do stuff and all that. They've learned quick and understand when to hold back, unlike, say, me.

I've given Excessiveuseofcobby a few AC rounds too despite some internal opposition expressed to me about them, based on how they play. But when they're ACing I haven't seen anything negative so hey.

A+ would be annoyed politely asked every round by for temporary powers.
RIP
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #14780

gel is cool guy, fullmin dat big bitch
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #14831

You mean trialmin.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #14849

Stickymayhem and Exalted12 get a little bit too excited whenever they are tempminned. Stickymayhem more so than exalted. They both talk ALOT in asay about mindless banter and about the round. Sticky especially talked non-stop about the current on-going round in which he was a double-agent over asay. There is really nothing wrong with that but it put a bad taste in my mouth for whatever reason. I've seen a lot of people get tempminned over the time I've been an observer and now trialmin here, and the same thing always happens. Someone gets candidate and they get really excited and annoying. It's just a thing really but it's nice to see people who don't lose their head whenever they are given some sort of authority position.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #14863

It's something I went through in my trialmin time. I got excited at ALL DEM SHINY BUTTONS and pressed them all at once.

A good advice for any trial/tempmin is to always keep your cool and to make sure not to spoil any player's experience while adminning.

Also don't spam midis. It's fun, but don't.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #14869

From a practical perspective, determine whether or not to do things by asking yourself the following:

Will this cause someone to die?
Will this ruin someone's round in another way?
Will this interrupt someone's antag round?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #14873

NikNakFlak wrote:Stickymayhem and Exalted12 get a little bit too excited whenever they are tempminned. Stickymayhem more so than exalted. They both talk ALOT in asay about mindless banter and about the round. Sticky especially talked non-stop about the current on-going round in which he was a double-agent over asay. There is really nothing wrong with that but it put a bad taste in my mouth for whatever reason. I've seen a lot of people get tempminned over the time I've been an observer and now trialmin here, and the same thing always happens. Someone gets candidate and they get really excited and annoying. It's just a thing really but it's nice to see people who don't lose their head whenever they are given some sort of authority position.
Sorry about that NikNak, I'll keep it to dead chat from now on and won't discuss the current round. I enjoyed having a direct line to chat with experienced people about the current round so I agree I use asay too much. I will change that.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #14876

A practical flowchart guide to pressing buttons

Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #14955

gel is p fucking cool but i couldn't make these decisions and lost my spaghetti.
I play Boris Pepper.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #15024

p. pleased with what I've seen of sticky and gel so far.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15049

B-but sticky grey tided which isn't a thing admins have ever done!
damiac
Rarely plays

Blessed Heretic

Post by damiac » #24178

Must be a new guy, anyway:

He jumped into a FNR thread and said a person shouldn't remember what happened between when they were scanned and cloned. This is not policy, it's under discussion right now. Even if it was policy, it wasn't at the time of the event. In short, needs to be educated on cloning memory policy, and politely reminded not to make up his own.

EDIT: This is about Blessed Heretic, it made more sense when I posted it in a special thread for him, not realizing he's a tempmin.
Last edited by damiac on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #25441

BlessedHeretic ran an awesome admin event this morning, called the SMOKZARD.
I've seen pretty good things from Blessed, and I think they'll do well.
:^)
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #25555

Please try to judge candidates based on their administrative/issue handling skill, not their button pressing. We all know how doing it the latter way ends up.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #25610

TheBibleMelts wrote:Please try to judge candidates based on their administrative/issue handling skill, not their button pressing. We all know how doing it the latter way ends up.

This! Generally speaking, if an AC is on, they are first in line to handle ahelps. So if you get ignored while an AC is online, that might be something to add here.
If you talk to them over adminpm or ooc or ghost chat and you want to comment on how well they communicate and or how well they ride that fine line between being a cool admin who jokes and goofs around and being a joke admin who doesn't seem to take anything seriously, Hell, that might be something to bring up.

Shit things to bring up:
Things they didn't do for you over pray.
Things they did do for you over pray.
Anything else IC like that.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #25869

MrStonedOne wrote:
TheBibleMelts wrote:Please try to judge candidates based on their administrative/issue handling skill, not their button pressing. We all know how doing it the latter way ends up.

This! Generally speaking, if an AC is on, they are first in line to handle ahelps. So if you get ignored while an AC is online, that might be something to add here.
If you talk to them over adminpm or ooc or ghost chat and you want to comment on how well they communicate and or how well they ride that fine line between being a cool admin who jokes and goofs around and being a joke admin who doesn't seem to take anything seriously, Hell, that might be something to bring up.

Shit things to bring up:
Things they didn't do for you over pray.
Things they did do for you over pray.
Anything else IC like that.
I also mentioned that I've seen them do well otherwise, I wasn't just talking about the event.
They are very friendly when dealing with Ahelps, if you want more detail.
:^)
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #27600

BlessedHeretic.
They aren't very good in my case at handling the issue. Not that it wasn't appropriate or justified. It just seemed like their decision was based off of "well idc, this'll take too long and I'm busy, resolved kthxbai". I ahelped being killed by a Mime who played like a Clown would. The Mime, named The Rock disarmed my character that had a spear, took it and ran. I chased them down to chapel and back, took my spear and ran. I caught up to them after a good chase in escape, took my spear back after a good shove and ran to bar. They then disarmed me some more, and too it again, leading to a chase at the bar. Someone made the floor wet there and the mime slipped tons of times where I took my spear. I spamclicked to disarm this mime so much that even when I picked it up go slashed him up a bit. He rushed me again, but slipped. I could've packed his shit in with the spear right there and then, but I didn't. Instead, I made it clear I wanted to de-escalate it. I walked away from the table area and sat at the bar stools. There I begged for 'firewater'(my character was a Zulu warrior, Ooboongoo Coochoongoo). The mime, The Rock, sat next to me and also motioned for alcohol. I was convinced they wanted to be friends or get along, at least. The bartender gives the mime a drink in a glass, which the mime refuses. Odd. The mime then motions for a bottle. I decide not to be wasteful and drink the drink the mime refused. The mime is then given the bottle of booze that they instantly bash on my characters head and slash to death with the broken remainder of the bottle. I am not cloned. I ahelp and am not given any favor and I had disarm the entire time. It it true that spears are easy to make(as BlessedHeretic pointed out In the AdminPM, and implied that I escalated it), but I was RPing. I am a Zulu Warrior, I don't back down, I run and take back what's mine. If anything, I held back, because stealing a Zulu Warriors spear is like killing Ian to them, and that deserves at least a crit. Why would I fuck off and make another when I can skip a couple tiles and have it back. It's a pride issue. Instead of being helpful or reasonable, BlessedHeretic suggested I fucked up, when I just didn't want to take a guy out of round for being a little shit. This admin suggested that I escalated it, when I explained I did everything to avoid conflict.
P.S. I ghosted after several minute of being dead and then saw the mime just greytiding and being shit to a librarian, who holed himself into his office and he and an assistant welded in and disarmed and took his shit. They went and greytide bullied more. Then it hit me. The Rock is a robust individual and was killbaiting. They didn't really punch unless one disarmed them(my case). True only reason I didn't ban request is because I am respecting BlessedHeretics judgement, but criticizing them here for it. It was a bad call.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #27740

Fragnostic wrote:BlessedHeretic.
Spoiler:
They aren't very good in my case at handling the issue. Not that it wasn't appropriate or justified. It just seemed like their decision was based off of "well idc, this'll take too long and I'm busy, resolved kthxbai". I ahelped being killed by a Mime who played like a Clown would. The Mime, named The Rock disarmed my character that had a spear, took it and ran. I chased them down to chapel and back, took my spear and ran. I caught up to them after a good chase in escape, took my spear back after a good shove and ran to bar. They then disarmed me some more, and too it again, leading to a chase at the bar. Someone made the floor wet there and the mime slipped tons of times where I took my spear. I spamclicked to disarm this mime so much that even when I picked it up go slashed him up a bit. He rushed me again, but slipped. I could've packed his shit in with the spear right there and then, but I didn't. Instead, I made it clear I wanted to de-escalate it. I walked away from the table area and sat at the bar stools. There I begged for 'firewater'(my character was a Zulu warrior, Ooboongoo Coochoongoo). The mime, The Rock, sat next to me and also motioned for alcohol. I was convinced they wanted to be friends or get along, at least. The bartender gives the mime a drink in a glass, which the mime refuses. Odd. The mime then motions for a bottle. I decide not to be wasteful and drink the drink the mime refused. The mime is then given the bottle of booze that they instantly bash on my characters head and slash to death with the broken remainder of the bottle. I am not cloned. I ahelp and am not given any favor and I had disarm the entire time. It it true that spears are easy to make(as BlessedHeretic pointed out In the AdminPM, and implied that I escalated it), but I was RPing. I am a Zulu Warrior, I don't back down, I run and take back what's mine. If anything, I held back, because stealing a Zulu Warriors spear is like killing Ian to them, and that deserves at least a crit. Why would I fuck off and make another when I can skip a couple tiles and have it back. It's a pride issue. Instead of being helpful or reasonable, BlessedHeretic suggested I fucked up, when I just didn't want to take a guy out of round for being a little shit. This admin suggested that I escalated it, when I explained I did everything to avoid conflict.
P.S. I ghosted after several minute of being dead and then saw the mime just greytiding and being shit to a librarian, who holed himself into his office and he and an assistant welded in and disarmed and took his shit. They went and greytide bullied more. Then it hit me. The Rock is a robust individual and was killbaiting. They didn't really punch unless one disarmed them(my case). True only reason I didn't ban request is because I am respecting BlessedHeretics judgement, but criticizing them here for it. It was a bad call
This is a barely disguised admin complaint, put that shit where it goes and just keep this to feedback. i.e Can sometimes come across as if they are not handling adminhelps correctly and seem to be disinterested in solving them. Recommend they try to communicate more.

As an aside: because stealing a Zulu Warriors spear is like killing Ian to them
This is truly shit roleplay, I suggest you work on your roleplay skill
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #27870

It's a pretty crappy complaint too, for a lot of reasons. BlessedHeretic seems to be pretty on the ball from what I've seen, and was right to handle your issue the way he did too.
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #27923

QuartzCrystal wrote:It's a pretty crappy complaint too, for a lot of reasons. BlessedHeretic seems to be pretty on the ball from what I've seen, and was right to handle your issue the way he did too.
That's feedback, but not a good reflection on what he did in this case. What he's done in the past doesn't matter. I know, Blessed has done some good work, but it was a real shit move. You guys have no idea how fast BlessedHeretic was to sling out the RESOLVED hammer. It's like cockblocking me from making a ban request and sort of intimidates me from wanting to make an admin complaint because I feel they'll hold a grudge or some shit. I wanted to give them feedback. If it wasn't clear, it seemed like Blessed didn't care about my side, when I obviously tried to be pacifist and deescalate.

Oranges, I feel it was good RP. I didn't go on to get my values because he stole it: I just aggressively chased him screaming to give it back and disarmed him and ran away. They stole it again, and I slashed them when hey had punched me, and they slipped. Could've killed them, but I stated I wanted peace and headed to the bartenders area for 'firewater'. It's bad RP when someone spares your life and does everything to not take you out of a round, knowing behind that character is a person who wants to have fun, and they abuse that and kill you. And it's handled poorly.

What makes me really mad is that the same way this fuckass mime got his valids on, if i killed him in self defense, I would've gotten the +BANHammer. I'm no angel, but everything in my power was done to walk away for it and I did nothing wrong this time. Blessed should look into things deeper and not make decisions at a glance.