Is tgstation becoming extremely hugbox

Resolved.
omnitricks

Is tgstation becoming extremely hugbox

Post by omnitricks » #12270

especially with freedom given to the admins in interpreting and enforcing the rules? Isn't this a "paranoia-laden" roleplaying game where shit just happens and you are supposed to take it unless its obviously against the rules? Shouldn't action by the admins only supposed to be in cases of obvious grief and dickery? Apparently not because it doesn't matter if there is proper escalation, IC backing or shit like ban baiting involved which is covered in the rules. Someone QQing to an admin (assuming he gets the right one which seems to be most of the time now) will see you getting fucked despite you being able to justify your actions with what is already in the rules/policy because they always seem to be looking for a reason they can use to do you in.

I'm pretty sure a lot of other people have experienced shit like this as well.
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Re: Is tgstation becoming extremely hugbox

Post by Kraso » #12275

oh boy, here we go again
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #12277

I do wish more situations would be resolved by cheering up the person who got shit on rather than banning the person who shit on them.

Everyone comes away happier. Most irritatingly I've noticed people getting punished for mistaken identity in changeling rounds, which is the entire point of the round.

The admins who reintroduce people to the round and hand out tokens to ruined antag rounds are doing a better job by far.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #12279

Can anyone give me a reason not to delete this? It's clearly just a way of bitching about http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic. ... 975#p11975
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #12281

Oh I mistook this for a serious topic about policy instead of just a bitch at admins in general.

My bad.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #12285

Kraso wrote:oh boy, here we go again
op pls go away
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #12303

BE GONE WITH YE, THREAD.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"