Travellerbus 2: Boldly Going Nowhere

I cast magic missile at the darkness
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Travellerbus 2: Boldly Going Nowhere

Post by Timbrewolf » #89926

Bottom post of the previous page:

((I'll get on the Scones phone. He's been really busy with some IRL stuff but that's the advantage of play-by-post))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #89927

((Just for future reference, as the contribution stands now, Mac's share of the profit is 5%, Danilo's is 25%, and Cyrus's will be 70%.))
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #89929

((Honestly we are barely going to have enough to pay our first bill, and anything left over will be needed to buy more cargo. Realistically at this point everyone can expect a 0% return for the next few in game months))
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #89937

((We have people with professions we could like, do odd jobs too for extra pocket change right? We can do comedy acts, medical care and other junk while hauling cargo too.))
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90017

Helpful railroading GM tip:

While watching you guys fret over money is, in some ways, the meat of this game, I don't want you to get out the gate feeling completely doomed. Only moderately doomed. I'm not sure you have yet factored in the potential profit from ferrying high-class passengers around as well as your goods. You have two characters with Steward 1, which would ideally allow you to take care of 8 high class passengers per trip. You also have THE FUCKING RICK PRYER on board, and his ridiculously high Carouse skills should allow you to attract a pretty consistent group of space tourists willing to pay big bucks.

If you double up on bunking you should have 7 state rooms available, which (if you can get those high class fairs) is a potential swing of up to 84,000 credits per (two parsec) trip. Pure profit. You might also get another 7,200 credits from your six low-berths but that's iffy...not everyone who goes into the freezer comes out alive.

If you can't afford to fill your cargo-hold on your first trip out, thems the breaks. That's what freight is for. You'll find a way.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #90018

Dick smiles, smoothing out his black shirt under his red suit jacket. "Well," he says, "I gots about 130,000 credits to my name right now."
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90058

Cyrus's jaw drops

"Dear god that is a lot of money. That sets us at 204k credits. If we can double that we will be sitting pretty! Now, i don't think any of us is the real salesman type, but i am sure we can find a broker to help us make the deal, what we need now is to find a supplier and see what he has. Me, Mac and Danny will go see about getting some cargo, Dick and Ruggero, you see if you can find some mail or passengers headed to Katarulu. We can take as many as 7, but it will mean we have to double up in our staterooms which might be a little cozy."

((Alright we are really moving now. We will need Azari to make a computers check at +6 to find a supplier, due to Trin having a class A starport))
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #90332

((AHAHAHA I'M A FUCKING RETARD. What I read on my character sheet as 50 credits was actually 5050. So add an extra 5k to that total. Uh flup dup derp derp hurrrr))
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #90334

(>Tfw you forget five thousand dollars in your bank account)
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90380

((Now that we are ready to get some cargo, we need Mac to make a computers check to find someone to sell us shit, and then Anon3 will need to make some rolls to determine what bonus goods he has. Them we decide if we want to barter ourselves with no skill or hire a broker for a percent of the purchase price. Then we roll to determine purchase price, and decide what we wanna buy. Lots of crunch here))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #90384

((Okay, did we ever figure out what group skills everyone got? Because I've still got the ones from the previous game and I don't think they're gonna be that useful considering everyone else's skill set. Also, I got my hard copy of the rulebook in the mail the other day and it has a delicious new book smell.))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90416

Oh fuck, group skills! Forgot about em. We can actually have our own broker! Do we want the default package?

EDIT: We actually should take the trader skill pack, because not having a broker in our crew means paying an extra 1% on all purchases and paying 1% of all our profits as well
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #90423

((The only two packages with Broker I see is the Trader and Criminal ones. And yes the new book smell is good, got the book a few days ago myself. Soooo much better than the bookmarkless PDF.))
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #90446

((Okay, for reference, group skills are a block of skills that we take turns choosing ones to fill out our characters. The trader one is Pilot (any) 1, Sensor 1, Medic 1, Streetwise 1, Broker 1, Advocate 1, Diplomate 1, and Astrogation 1. Currently Mac has Pilot and Sensors from the original group's group skills. I don't mind losing Pilot since I think we've already got that covered. I could keep Sensors and you talky people could pick up the rest of them.))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90453

((i will take broker unless someone else wants to be the merchant type, in which case i will take streetwise. It is worth noting that these skills are at level 1, and you cannot use them to boost a skill you already have at 1 or higher))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90659

((Lets get this skills distribution started. I changed my mind, i will take streetwise 1))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #90679

((I'll take Diplomat 1 if no one wants it, feels like something an agent would have.))
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #90722

((I'll take Astrogate. I'm gonna be maintaining the drive, might as well know how to use it properly, too.))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #90728

(uuuuuu gimme broker)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90745

If you want to get the most out of it you should let the person with the highest Int modifier among you take Broker.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90779

((That would probably be Mac, but it seems more in character for Danny. Anyways Maccus can pick a skill, and then I guess scones? We should ask Scones if they still wanna play, I think Ricotez may have wanted in))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90781

Sorry that was really powergame-y of me to suggest that. You guys should do whatever is most appropriate/fun.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90791

Wait can we jump to grid squares that have no planetary systems in them? I assumed so but a line I read in the spinward marches book possibly suggests otherwise. If not we need to rethink our trade route
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90801

You could but you should look carefully at how many jumps worth of fuel your ship carries before you do that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #90811

((Man, I still gotta redo my connection skills, too. Gotta get some more engineering skills. Probably should get life support and/or power systems.))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #90820

((It'd probs be best if I took Diplomat so we're not all beheaded by space pirates and put on whatever Traveller's equivalent of liveleak is immediately))
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90897

((Galvatron already claimed diplomat 1, take it up with him. As an aside i did not know we only carry enough fuel for one jump, so i am going to have to redo our trade route completely which will take probably an hour or so. Good thing i have lots of free time today))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90914

"Alright, after reviewing the fuel capacity of our ship i have determined that my original plan was shit and no possible unless you like being lost in space. Our first jump is going to be Trin to Prilissa. Prilissa is a little behind on the tech side of things, so we will load up with whatever nice tech we can lay our hands on and jump over there for a tidy profit. The next stop is a desert planet called Traltha. Traltha really is not a great seller planet when coming from Prilissa, as Prilissa does not have much they can not just make themselves. Best bet here is basic trade goods, and maybe some freight if we have the space. The next leg of the journey is where the real money is. On Traltha we can load up on gems and precious metals, fly over to Ednelt and unload it all for a pile of cash. If all goes as planned we might be able to make these 3 voyages before our first payment is due, which will give us plenty of time. Lets go line up that cargo!"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #90964

((If you want Diplomat Maccus you can have it, I'll take Advocate instead. I'm not super picky.))
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90965

((Are we ready to start trading? If so we need to head to the starport, look for a supplier and decide what goods he has. The first step is for Mac to make a computers check at +6 to find someone who will sell us goods. Since Trin has a Class A starport this is really fucking easy to do))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #90974

((An0n3 usually does the rolling, but I went ahead and rolled computers: my skill is at 1, with my ability-or-whatever at 2, so that's a +3 in addition to the +6. Image))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90978

((all we needed was an 8, so i would say you fucking killed it. This is fluffed as you searching online for people wholesaleing goods. We kind of need Anon3 here for the trader interactions, as there is a lot to roll for))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91063

((Sorry I'll resolve this ASAP. Pulled an all-nighter playing Witcher 3 because I'm irresponsible as fuck))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #91100

((Hhhhhhhh Oh right, I wanted to check if it was okay if I swapped out my connection skills. Instead of unarmed and astrogate, I thought I'd take engineering (life support) and (m-drive). I'm gonna pick up Astrogate from group skills and maybe sensors, if I get a second pick. So basically I'll be lacking pilot 1 and unarmed 1, and adding two other engineering skills. Not sure which connections would make sense for the new skills, but I'm sure we can work something out.))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #91104

((RAW the skills you pick for your connections are allowed to be whatever the hell you want, although it is good form to pick ones that are at least tangentially related. I am sure you can come up with a connection. As for this deal we are gonna make, we need to get as many tons of basic machine parts and basic manufactured goods as we can, followed by maybe electronic parts if we have any space left. Dick should carouse around and look for passengers, and we also need to see if we can get any mail))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #91186

Cyrus walked through Trin's bustling Highport, accompanied by (presumably) Mac and Danny. Mac had located a seller on the Highport traders network, and they were off to make their first deal.

((So we need you to roll for what bonus goods this guy has, as well as how many tons of basic machine parts, basic manufactured goods and basic electronic parts he has.))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #91212

((Oh yeah, here's my updated character sheet, changed for new connection and assumed group skills https://www.dropbox.com/s/1itztynxm4cpv ... t.pdf?dl=0 ))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #91391

((I will upload one of mine a bit later. Anon3 pls do trading pls))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #91466

((Today on Azari continues to plumb the depths of profound retardation, I just realized I'm gonna need that 5k credits I found back so I can buy toolkits to actually do my damn job.))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
nsos

Post by nsos » #91569

(will update my charsheet later today)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91719

((it's moving season. a good number of friends and family are moving to new houses, apartments, etc. so when I'm not doing that I"m exhausted and just pouring time into singleplayer shit. I'll look over the rules again and resolve your computer check soon I'm just too fucking worn out to focus on reading numbers out of a book right now))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #91720

((No worries. If it helps i can calculate numbers for mail traffic and stuff))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91887

((To locate someone selling some goodies on this planet you'll actually have to do some legwork. At only a tech level of 6, there's no linked network of traders and commodities here. It's dudes setting up stalls and placards and crying their wares in the spaceport. It's a Broker check (or just raw Education or Social Standing if you don't have that) with a +2DM for being in a class C starport. It takes a bit of time too (1-6 days of legwork)).
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #91889

((i forgot trin sucks so bad after getting blowd up. Doesnt Trin have a class A starport though?))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91892

((again, not after getting BTFO'd by space jerks))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #91895

((Oh fuck you are right. Trin sucks

Anyways i guess this is Danny's check to make then, he is our shiney new broker))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
nsos

Post by nsos » #92050

Danilo rubs his hands. He picked up the hand rubbing as a habit from watching one of his old patients on Trazo, but it's been so long that he can't actually remember which patient it was. Only that he did it when it was time to get down to business.

It's time to get down to business, ergo, the hand thing.

"Okay, so I don't know a lot about anyone here worth making a deal with. But I don't know a whole lot of people in general on Trin so that's not that big of a loss." Danilo looks around the Highport stalls and frowns. "Would it really kill this place to have a 'you are here' sign or directory or something?"

(time for bargains. I'm rolling for Broker check with Broker 1 + 2DM for starport C whenever An0n gets back)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #92053

(I'm here bruh, go ahead and roll it. I'm okay with using the honor system if you guys wont cheat it)
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #92079

((As an aside I'm truly happy putting "nsos" as the reason for deleting accidental doubleposts has caught on, gj vekter))
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #92086

((this fucking game is spawning memes and we haven't even gotten on the ship yet))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #92452

(Nsos roll some dice homie, lets get this going))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster