Syndicate ghost roles, what can they do if their base is destroyed?

NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Syndicate ghost roles, what can they do if their base is destroyed?

Post by NamelessFairy » #582552

This applies to both the comms agent base in space and the Lavaland syndicate base. Usually base destructions will result in the deaths of all the Syndicate agents on board and the destruction on the ghost role spawners to prevent new ones spawning, however this is not always the case and both explosion survivors and ghosts who spawn after the explosion are left without a real purpose. This usually results in very well armed syndicate agents heading to the station to wreak havoc.

The main issue I have with this is that its mostly up to admin discretion as to what lavaland syndicate agents can and can’t do once they’ve lost their initial purpose. The situation after the base is destroyed will vary from case to case so admin discretion will always be required for more outlandish situations but bases being destroyed and survival of the destruction is a common enough occurrence that people should have some clear examples of what they’re allowed to do depending on what situation they’ve been put into.

The main situations that, in my opinion need a ruling on are as follows:

If a syndicate agent survives and witnesses a station crewmember destroy the base how far can they go to get revenge? (Nothing? Hunt down and kill the bomber(s)? Murderbone on the station? Etc)

If a syndicate agents spawns into an already destroyed base or a syndicate agent survives but does not witness the destruction can they assume the station crew were responsible and still attempt revenge? Or should they not be able to act under the assumption that the station crew attacked them, and if this is the case what can they do instead?

If the base is destroyed by a non-station crew entity such as megafauna or a syndicate agent caused accident, what are agents allowed to do? Act as antagonists and still go to the station? If not do they have any options other than surviving Lavaland?

Getting a well accepted ruling on these situations and potentially more that might come up in the thread should both make it easier for players to know if they’re in the right and for admins to handle situations that involve lavaland syndicate.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Syndicate ghost roles, what can they do if their base is destroyed?

Post by wesoda25 » #582555

I think it should be like ash walkers. If your base is destroyed, you can go antagonize the crew.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #582594

Colonise the station. The isolationism built into these roles ruins the potential of them and the problem of attacking the station can be solved with other means.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #582615

You probably shouldn't even be able to spawn once the base is destroyed to be honest.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #582628

If miners attack the base i would be ok with them counter attacking the mining area and holding that making the station suffer from material shortage.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #582656

JusticeGoat wrote:If miners attack the base i would be ok with them counter attacking the mining area and holding that making the station suffer from material shortage.
Isn't that how ashwalkers are (without admin interference) supposed to handle attacking the crew? Just make it work like that then.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #582744

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
JusticeGoat wrote:If miners attack the base i would be ok with them counter attacking the mining area and holding that making the station suffer from material shortage.
Isn't that how ashwalkers are (without admin interference) supposed to handle attacking the crew? Just make it work like that then.

It used to be but I believe when they were given policy config it was changed and now they can invade the station if htey want as long as they dont do mass destructive things like bombs/SM delam
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #582755

The base is an fob to collect intel covertly it doesn’t make sense for someone to murderbone here in any situation

As long as you try to collect intel (maybe steal viro materials or something) and acting in good faith to you role flavortext I see no issue in going to the station should you live through it
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #582775

Cobby wrote:The base is an fob to collect intel covertly it doesn’t make sense for someone to murderbone here in any situation
Clarification request: What's your opinion then of the entire security team (including HoS and Det, not including the Warden) performing a raid on the base, with little provocation (let's assume minor comms shenanigans)?
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #582785

The base is an fob to collect intel covertly it doesn’t make sense for someone to murderbone here in any situation
Im sorry are they not given guns? Are Syndies not psychopaths? I don't see what's stopping them or why, it's not like they will be able to return to the syndicate
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #582836

thehogshotgun wrote:
Im sorry are they not given guns? Are Syndies not psychopaths? I don't see what's stopping them or why, it's not like they will be able to return to the syndicate
For defense of the base, the equipment isn’t cheap. The syndicate are not psychopaths they just tend to hire idiots who slaughter the station instead of do what they were suppose to do.
RaveRadbury wrote:
Cobby wrote:The base is an fob to collect intel covertly it doesn’t make sense for someone to murderbone here in any situation
Clarification request: What's your opinion then of the entire security team (including HoS and Det, not including the Warden) performing a raid on the base, with little provocation (let's assume minor comms shenanigans)?
Communication subterfuge, especially getting people killed, is perfectly fine to trash (understanding in the bg they are ghost roles). I won’t ever be upset if you wanna take them in though.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #587047

If a syndicate sees their base destroyed by the crew they can react by attacking the station freely. Otherwise they should just find a way to survive on lavaland.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Yes.
Domitius: Yes.
Naloac: Yes.