However, Campbell now has an asterisk in the form of the #reports-from-campbell-station channel. Its existence as a server where players can expect long rounds is being more systematically acknowledged.
I've been playing a good bit of Campbell recently, and would like to see the head admins decide what they want Campbell to be, formally. Personally, I would like to see them go all the way with making it a server where long rounds can be expected.
This would, in my mind, open up the door for at least the following:
- Adding "Marathon" or similar to the title on the home page.
- Disabling random events (which is config), or limiting what can run. Game admins have regularly forcefully turned off random events, because they get in the way of very long rounds with a few amount of players. As an example, on the last Campbell round I played, there was a temporary power outage (from the random event), leading to the SM APC being turned off for too long (because the only engineers were either dead, or me (doing something else)), which led to it exploding, while at the same time a rad storm mutated whoever left to take a break/sleep/whatever.
- Configuring Dynamic to prefer traitors above all else, as round removal based antagonists or antagonists with a clear end state (such as cultist), while not showing up very often if at all on the current population, would be counter-intuitive to marathon rounds.
- If not the last two, massively increasing factors like midround injection rates to satisfy for several hour/day long rounds, rather than 90 minute ones.
- Giving more incentive for contributors or maintainers to accommodate several day long rounds (even if this just means having more eyes to fix bugs that only show up in extreme circumstances)