Torturing xenobio live subjects in containment

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Torturing xenobio live subjects in containment

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #272937

I have come to suggest a policy change that other than the purpose of indefinite imprisonment, it should be bwoinkable policy to actively farm live CKEY mobs in such a way that that causes suffering to the player inside the cage, and their only purpose is to die rather than remain alive.

A prime example are the antagonistic xenomorphs, there's a arguement currently going on how to properly apply them since a larva is always drawn from a pool of player ghosts and needs player input to act like a self interested antagonist & upgrade into a queen and there on. Only the queen is actually required for the continuation of the 'hive' and scientists efforts to harvest xeno organs, while all other castes are expendable to be harvested and while antagonistic are kept in containment waiting to get out. Usually killing a hive to collect the organs requires knocking all the xenos out with anesthetic, removing control from the CKEY player in which case they might as well quit the game or torching them all on the spot. Neither is a fun or constructive use of ghost rules and creates a negative experience for the xeno player.

This also applies to scientists killing or being dicks to other gold slime mobs (or pet slimes granted intelligence) in killing them for their products or keeping them in enforced containment after deliberately making them. (you can just NOT insert the monkey/drag in the facehugger from mining)

- And obviously methodical workarounds should be encouraged that don't pertain to the ckey mobs living existance being completely meaningless.

Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Torturing xenobio live subjects in containment

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #272940

How about you just dont select these roles if xenobio is farming them
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #272941

There's that too, but firstly the ghost player might not be aware of the circumstances, and are therefore trapped there. Nobody gets anything out of it and ghosts lose their previous body.

Secondly there's always the hovering chance that people are willing to get out for 'free round ending antag' and queue up for the torture anyway. Complicit but not exactly what they want.

Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #272955

Say it with me now lads

"Ghost roles have absolutely no rights"
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #272959

I do not feel there is any need to change the policy here. Ghosts roles are only allowed because they have no rights. A Xeno farm is started by intent of at least two players: The miner and the scientist. Your choice to play as a contained, slave Xeno may be rewarded by antags or incompetence that may allow you to escape and exact revenge. Sometimes, you may not get that chance.

Let me say it more plainly. Some ghost roles have you playing as a slave. You are property. Your fun and existence is based entirely on the whim of your master. He can kill you whenever he wants. You are a tool meant to further your master's interests. You must obey him, even if such orders require you to sacrifice your life. Your master may grace you with the chance to slaughter the crew, or he may toss you aside like the slave you are. You consent to this by accepting the prompt.

Giving ghost roles rights will lead only to their removal from the game entirely. Do not do this.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #272960

Well since we know where we stand on the issue, this is important information to foward to Wjohnston's and other coders current projects.

Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #272965

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Well since we know where we stand on the issue, this is important information to foward to Wjohnston's and other coders current projects.
Specifically?
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #272970

Ghost roles have absolutely no rights
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #272971

Encouraging the use of xenomorphs in xenobio to be farmed, meaning that large amounts of ghosts have to click yes to participate and be complicit/noncomplit but "lol" no rights. You'd probably get a better response talking to him in IRC/pm's about it with some of this thought up workarounds.

Spoiler:
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #272975

If you don't want to be part of it then don't click yes

how is this an issue

"Help, I keep volunteering myself willingly to be put in a situation I don't like!"

are you serious?
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #272981

We need to save people from themselves, some people will do ANYTHING for antag.

Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #272982

No we dont. Are you seriously advocating a substatial rules change to protect people too fucking stupid to not keep willingly putting themselves in a sitaution they dont like?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #272983

if you say "hi yes please make me X" and complain "oh my god Y is happening to me as X (which I knew would happen)!!" then you're an idiot

I'm not a fan of a change like this because then you're ACTUALLY stepping into hugbox territory

The parable of the man stabbed is relevant here
Limey wrote:its too late.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #272984

Ghost roles have no rights.

Admins that intervene in xenobio farming by purposely causing an incident to release them should be deadminned.
Players that intevene in xenobio farming by doing ditto is antag behaviour.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #272986

J_Madison wrote:Admins that intervene in xenobio farming by purposely causing an incident to release them should be deadminned.
I disagree.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #272994

itt: fwoosh == salt
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #273003

Even if im 2000% wrong we had this discussion and talked about and can use it for historical reference.

Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #273036

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Even if im 2000% wrong we had this discussion and talked about and can use it for historical reference.
As another in a long list of bad Fwoosh ideas?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #273038

More of a topical point im asking to affirm the notions of for a friend by testing the waters.

Spoiler:
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #273082

FantasticFwoosh wrote:We need to save people from themselves, some people will do ANYTHING for antag.
Are you fucking retarded?

WELL THEY PICKED ANTAG WHAT DO WE DO NOW?

They get to live in a box bohoo. Maybe they may escape if the power fails. Or they get harvested but its not the responisbility of admins to make FARMING XENOS illegal
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #273083

A pig waiting to be turned into bacon isn't a very good antag if its a waiting game and a guranteed execution without RNGJesus causing a system shutdown or a powersink behind a impenetrable force field that can be cheesed with pacmans for infinite power. Just the same as a traitor with no TC that starts off caught in perma (a ghost role along those lines would be interesting) already will just ghost out after 10 minutes.

Its not least used in the right context, xenos should be wild and free admin dropped round ending-memes not farmed meat. The scientist is also liable for letting it get to that stage by actively encouraging the xenos to breed. I can't remember if xenos still automatically pluck players with the preferences turned on forcefully into the larva body on bursting, ill have to double check.

Spoiler:
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #273088

FantasticFwoosh wrote:A pig waiting to be turned into bacon isn't a very good antag if its a waiting game and a guranteed execution without RNGJesus causing a system shutdown or a powersink behind a impenetrable force field that can be cheesed with pacmans for infinite power. Just the same as a traitor with no TC that starts off caught in perma (a ghost role along those lines would be interesting) already will just ghost out after 10 minutes.

Its not least used in the right context, xenos should be wild and free admin dropped round ending-memes not farmed meat. The scientist is also liable for letting it get to that stage by actively encouraging the xenos to breed. I can't remember if xenos still automatically pluck players with the preferences turned on forcefully into the larva body on bursting, ill have to double check.

Its a choice now. Its a button i know this.

When i xeno farm i breed a single queen and then murder her with xray laser
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #273096

J_Madison wrote:Ghost roles have no rights.

Admins that intervene in xenobio farming by purposely causing an incident to release them should be deadminned.
Players that intevene in xenobio farming by doing ditto is antag behaviour.
Hamfam77
Byond Username: Hamfam77

Post by Hamfam77 » #273098

What exactly are you proposing scientists do? You either use them as an organ farm or you let them out and they end the round by infesting the entire station.

I'm pretty sure this thread is satire, it's flying a little too close to the level of "absolutely bananas"
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #273100

Hamfam77 wrote:What exactly are you proposing scientists do? You either use them as an organ farm or you let them out and they end the round by infesting the entire station.

I'm pretty sure this thread is satire, it's flying a little too close to the level of "absolutely bananas"
Never underestimate the power of autism
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #273637

Fuck that, that's some leftie facist shit. That's the reason why taxes are through the roof on tobacco in the north. Why you can't buy a "large" soda in NYC. Why in NY you can't have a rifle where the grip is at a certain angle. Why a man in NJ went to jail for inheriting a gun when his grandfather died. Why raw milk is illegal in CA. Why beer with caffeine is illegal in some places. Why in San Francisco you can't have a wood burning fireplace and kids can't get toys in happy meals. Why hotels in CA can't have flat sheets.

Can we move this shit to the shed? I know this game is a space-themed autism simulator but sometimes man can go too far.
--Crocodillo

FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #273649

cmspano wrote:
Fuck that, that's some leftie facist shit. That's the reason why taxes are through the roof on tobacco in the north. Why you can't buy a "large" soda in NYC. Why in NY you can't have a rifle where the grip is at a certain angle. Why a man in NJ went to jail for inheriting a gun when his grandfather died. Why raw milk is illegal in CA. Why beer with caffeine is illegal in some places. Why in San Francisco you can't have a wood burning fireplace and kids can't get toys in happy meals. Why hotels in CA can't have flat sheets.

Can we move this shit to the shed? I know this game is a space-themed autism simulator but sometimes man can go too far.
Thank you for explaining it in a language i understand. I now feel shame.

Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #273661

>leftie fascist
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #273672

everyone yet again falls for master crafted fwoosh bait

if this goes on I'm going to have to check with the department of immigration here in australia because we might need to confer citizenship to fwoosh
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.