>Be me
>Set-up the Supermatter engine with a less safe/Greater energy potential
>Decide to leave it in the hands of "qualified" engineers
>5 minutes pass
>SUPERMATTER INSTABILITY: 56%!
>Come back to the SM at 90% in a desperate attempt to fix it
>See someone's skeleton by the crystal
>it's too late to fix and it explodes
>Find out from ghostchat an engie suicided by SM which made it jump all the way to 50% instability

Can we make suicide by SM a bannable offence? It's like feeding yourself to the singulo and making into a stage 4 and it having the potential to get loose.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Suiciding by SM

Post by D&B » #290072

Wasn't it already a bannable offense?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #290073

ic issue
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #290076

D&B wrote:Wasn't it already a bannable offense?
Yes
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #290086

If your "suicide" takes out other people you will be punished as if you killed them without the suicide. This has always been policy. Just as you can't bomb the main hallway because suicide, you can't fuck over the SM because suicide.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #290088

i stand korrected.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #290157

inferior to suicide by hopline
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #290159

Nilons wrote:inferior to suicide by hopline
wrong.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #290257

Armhulen wrote:
Nilons wrote:inferior to suicide by hopline
wrong.
Compromise, order an sm and throw yourself into it by the hopline
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #290258

Does the SM get incresed "energy" from an engineer like singulo does?
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #290305

it gets increased energy from everything.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #290315

the thread is resolved, quick, shitpost before the penguin locks it

but yeah like kor said, as far as I'm aware it's always been bannable to suicide by SM 4noraisin
Limey wrote:its too late.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #290326

Just ban roundstart suicides. They are obviously just antag rolling for them valids.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #290328

TheColdTurtle wrote:Just ban roundstart suicides. They are obviously just antag rolling for them valids.
I think it's really funny when the hop says something to the effect of "oh this again" in response to a man exploding in front of him please don't ban roundstart suicides they're just funny. Also if this was the case you'd have to ban roundstart afks as well or the problem wouldn't be solved
Signature Memes

Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #290336

Not to mention that gibs are always useful for assistants who want to make homemade soap. And internal organs like lungs contain healing chems. One man's trash is another man's treasure
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #290340

Qbopper wrote:the thread is resolved, quick, shitpost before the penguin locks it
--Crocodillo

cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #290465

Nilons wrote:
TheColdTurtle wrote:Just ban roundstart suicides. They are obviously just antag rolling for them valids.
I think it's really funny when the hop says something to the effect of "oh this again" in response to a man exploding in front of him please don't ban roundstart suicides they're just funny. Also if this was the case you'd have to ban roundstart afks as well or the problem wouldn't be solved
Not entirely true. Roundstart suicides give the suiciding player the means of shitposting in deadchat. What you'd really have to worry about is roundstart ghosting.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #290468

cedarbridge wrote:
Nilons wrote:
Not entirely true. Roundstart suicides give the suiciding player the means of shitposting in deadchat. What you'd really have to worry about is roundstart ghosting.
roundstart ghosting should be bannable, theres no humour in it
Signature Memes

WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #290507

Nilons wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Nilons wrote:
roundstart ghosting should be bannable, theres no humour in it

at the very least you can set yourself on fire when no one is looking and then close yourself in a locker in the main hallway. Then maybe someone will open the locker 20 min later and find a burning body.

I also sometimes like to create crime scenes when I suicide. Wear a job specific set of clothes and some gloves, get a weapon and cut myself up and make blood around. Then throw the clothes/gloves in disposals or hide them in a locker. Put assistant clothes back on and finish killing myself with my bare hands(so there aren't prints ont he weapon) on the scene and let myself die normally. Then if there's a detective who is doing his job(rare) he'll see a dead assistant, a discarded murder weapon, and he'll find fibers from *JOB NAME* jumpsuit and gloves.

One time I wanted to suicide so I got a bottle and smashed it. Then I went into the bar which was empty except for the clown. The clown wasn't paying attention to me so I carved myself up with the broken bottle. He barely noticed after he realized I wasn't attacking him. Then I went up to the clown and put the broken bottle into his hands, yelled "HELP, CLOWN KILLING ME IN BAR" over the radio and finished myself off with my hands.
--Crocodillo

Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #290733

It's silly idea to ban all supermatter suicides by default. When the engine is not set up or there are people without a radsuit then banning for it is fine because it can kill other engineers or explode the engine if nobody bothers fixing it.

When stuff is set up though, it doesn't affect anything aside from extreme edge case mixes(which aren't stable anyway so they should be supervised anyway). If you have a stable mix, you can throw 200 objects into it at the same time and anger the admins with all the spam but nothing will happen.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #290735

cmspano wrote:at the very least you can set yourself on fire when no one is looking and then close yourself in a locker in the main hallway. Then maybe someone will open the locker 20 min later and find a burning body.

I also sometimes like to create crime scenes when I suicide. Wear a job specific set of clothes and some gloves, get a weapon and cut myself up and make blood around. Then throw the clothes/gloves in disposals or hide them in a locker. Put assistant clothes back on and finish killing myself with my bare hands(so there aren't prints ont he weapon) on the scene and let myself die normally. Then if there's a detective who is doing his job(rare) he'll see a dead assistant, a discarded murder weapon, and he'll find fibers from *JOB NAME* jumpsuit and gloves.

One time I wanted to suicide so I got a bottle and smashed it. Then I went into the bar which was empty except for the clown. The clown wasn't paying attention to me so I carved myself up with the broken bottle. He barely noticed after he realized I wasn't attacking him. Then I went up to the clown and put the broken bottle into his hands, yelled "HELP, CLOWN KILLING ME IN BAR" over the radio and finished myself off with my hands.
it's shit like this that makes me half with we didn't have a suicide verb, that's hilarious
Limey wrote:its too late.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #290836

fuckin PKP closes shit down and shuts it down so much I'm beginning to think he's jidf

Also this is obvious, suiciding by SM is no different than turning PA on to suicide by singulo or tesla.