Chaplain accountability

J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Chaplain accountability

Post by J_Madison » #318129

I am not happy about some Chaplains having little to no accountability recently and using cult/clock as an excuse to grief as a pseudo-protagonist.

I am also not happy about the complete lack of quality and accountability of Chaplains that have managed to suicide or get themselves arrested and in bad standing with sec during cult rounds.

Chaplain relics are also vitally important, yet they're frequently no-drop or not shared.

For such a vital job, there is zero accountability to it. And it is a unique job so brigging or executing them is often out of the picture.

Is there any way to enforce Chaplains better?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Chaplain accountability

Post by Cobby » #318152

Open slots for chaplain if the first is a shitler
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #318154

JMad are you incapable of dealing with things yourself or are you just so stupid that you want policy to dictate every single thing in the game
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #318161

It's a valid policy discussion. Right now at least two gamemodes have a working chaplain as a pillar for resistance in part of NT. Asking if they should be held to a higher standard due to the role they have now it's not unreasonable nor petty.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #318166

D&B wrote:It's a valid policy discussion. Right now at least two gamemodes have a working chaplain as a pillar for resistance in part of NT. Asking if they should be held to a higher standard due to the role they have now it's not unreasonable nor petty.
Hardly. The chaplain isn't required for sec to blast some cultist ass, though they do help, and we don't need "higher standards" for a job that's only marginally more important than the clown in every mode except two, and in those two modes they're only needed* to slap one tank of holy water for deconversion. If the chaplain is being an unreliable turd in a cult round, just let him get killed and fire up the gas chambers for any cultists brought your way.

*Not really needed
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #318167

Chaplains are needed to tuen cults from 'security is an actual death camp' to 'security is a deathcamp but the priest feeds you juice and hits you on the head a lot'

They're not exactly a make or break factor
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #318168

A good Chaplain can make or break a game for NT/Sec/Crew in a cult game mode. The issue with Holy Water is either you have more than you never need or you all but virtually nothing.

Without a good Chaplain, security turns to simply executing virtually anyone they capture as they have no way to discern cultists from non-cultists. However with a good Chaplain, security can detain and deconvert anyone they get.

So the ultimate issue is a good Chaplain can save lives whereas a bad Chaplain will cost them.

This can make or break NTs chances of winning since the more people they save and deconvert the more allies they have. Whereas if they execute everyone the entire station, cultist or otherwise, will turn against them.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #318206

This is why you don't make flavor/gimmick jobs important pillars in a game mode; play 2 winners get mad you aren't playing to win.

Just like security officers can fuck off and do whatever, chaplains should be able to do the same. Half the time you get Chaplain you can't do any gimmick you've planned because OH NO CULTISTS ARE HERE. Your round turns into sitting in the brig force feeding/smacking people.

Honestly the Chapel should have an object in it to deal with cultists, that way sec can just take that over themselves or cultists can try and take it over first. Or cult shit should just not work in the chapel only.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #318211

If there was a way for sec to take over the chaplain's powers and do the thing themselves, they'd do it every single round. However, it is true that there is an unbalance of forces when cults are getting more and more foolproofed to prevent incompetent cultists from ruining the inevitable victory, while chaplains can just fuck off forever.
Case in point: bloodcult was foolproofed by robustin with the cult master ability to summon everyone to his location, since herding cultists to the rune was the hardest part; clock cult was foolproofed by joan removing any possible useless component sink because the only way for clock to lose was new cultists wasting components on stuff other than the ark.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #318251

ShadowDimentio wrote:JMad are you incapable of dealing with things yourself or are you just so stupid that you want policy to dictate every single thing in the game
yeah no i dont ever kill captives that cooperate and have the sportsmanship to know when they've lost. i prefer to deconvert as many as i can

also don't say cargo because we need the implants too

miss me with your bullshit else i send 2 officers with combat shotguns to massacre a department over a team antag

DrPillzRedux wrote:This is why you don't make flavor/gimmick jobs important pillars in a game mode; play 2 winners get mad you aren't playing to win.

Just like security officers can fuck off and do whatever, chaplains should be able to do the same. Half the time you get Chaplain you can't do any gimmick you've planned because OH NO CULTISTS ARE HERE. Your round turns into sitting in the brig force feeding/smacking people.

Honestly the Chapel should have an object in it to deal with cultists, that way sec can just take that over themselves or cultists can try and take it over first. Or cult shit should just not work in the chapel only.
it isn't about winning for me. it's about ensuring everyone has a fun round and the innocent quiet guy doing his job doesn't get killed because one person in his department was a cultist or the ai saw something near their workplace.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #318268

This is actually quite a good thread and he holds a valid point. Chaplains should be held to more of a standard than "greytider with cool sword and smoke spell." I've had multiple rounds, one just yesterday in fact, where the chaplain has acted shitty enough to be permaed/gulagged and then a cult pops up. Naturally we open more slots but chaplains should still be held to some sort of standard if they are going to be vital to two gamemodes.

Yes, I am aware that I can execute cultists and more often than not I do, but the chaplain is the only way to nonlethally deal with clock cultists unless you want to order religion crates from cargo, which are (2000 points I think) and only contain the means to deconvert one person with the vial of holy water, so it isn't really feasible. Honestly, if a chaplain's blessed a tank of water for security and makes a good faith attempt to not die then I think he's done his job- The chaplain isn't really needed beyond that except on blood cult for the null rod which he can give up or just come as called.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #318294

Losing is part of the game.
Your character will frequently die, sometimes without even a possibility of avoiding it. Events will often be out of your control. No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose.

A potentially avoidable situation by opening slots is unjokingly the best course of action instead of forcing a primarily gimmick job to not do anything from security players' idea of norm.

Perhaps you should work around them previously being a shitler. Maybe cut a deal with them or something.

IDK there are many ways to approach one guy being a loser who isn't even vital to win the game [especially when some of you admit you just kill cultists anyways] that doesn't require a man who has an importance in only 3 gamemodes to be held to standards that security is not even held to.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #318314

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Losing is part of the game.
Your character will frequently die, sometimes without even a possibility of avoiding it. Events will often be out of your control. No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose.

A potentially avoidable situation by opening slots is unjokingly the best course of action instead of forcing a primarily gimmick job to not do anything from security players' idea of norm.

Perhaps you should work around them previously being a shitler. Maybe cut a deal with them or something.

IDK there are many ways to approach one guy being a loser who isn't even vital to win the game [especially when some of you admit you just kill cultists anyways] that doesn't require a man who has an importance in only 3 gamemodes to be held to standards that security is not even held to.
i expect to lose to;
adminbuse
codebuse
unrobust
too robust
lolsorandumb events

not shitty players
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #318347

But you can mitigate "shitty players" by investing in a religious crate box, opening chaplain slots, simply offing the cultists, or a combination of the three.

Admins do not need to shoehorn themselves into situations because you dislike how you're losing.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #318366

J_Madison wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Losing is part of the game.

i expect to lose to;
adminbuse
codebuse
unrobust
too robust
lolsorandumb events

not shitty players
I expect to lose to
1. Shitty teammates

Not any of the above
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #318367

There's like five different ways to get more holy water in addition to the chappy, if you're so bad that you can't get a single one working nor can you just kill the cultists you deserve to lose.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #318378

ShadowDimentio wrote:There's like five different ways to get more holy water in addition to the chappy, if you're so bad that you can't get a single one working nor can you just kill the cultists you deserve to lose.
Name the other four, because the only one I'm aware of is cargo.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #318409

botany's holymelons is another
that aside, name the other three shadowmemes
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #318463

Cargo, chemistry, botany, roundstart chappy, extra slot chappys
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #318467

ShadowDimentio wrote:Cargo, chemistry, botany, roundstart chappy, extra slot chappys
lolno
nope
yeah right
brigged
closed slot/nobody opens
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #318471

>chemistry can make holy water
wait what

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #318472

How serious is this thread? Jmad's last two posts are making me think it's not actually an issue at all, just him bitching about nothing
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #318477

Only the last two?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #318585

DemonFiren wrote:>chemistry can make holy water
wait what
They can on Goon, after we ported all those chems from Goon I thought we brought the holy water recipe too. Apparently not.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #318603

PKPenguin321 wrote:How serious is this thread? Jmad's last two posts are making me think it's not actually an issue at all, just him bitching about nothing
Basically yea
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #318604

I too don't understand why jmad is mad about this, he gets to torture a non-antag member of the clergy while whispering "it puts the holy water on the cultist or else it gets the baton again", isn't that everything he dreams for?
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #318644

Like you would ahelp a blatantly incompetent CMO for doing shit surgery to you or a CE that can't wire or mix.

I do not want to be forced to work with someone who either hates me or is grossly incompetent.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #318673

J_Madison wrote:Like you would ahelp a blatantly incompetent CMO for doing shit surgery to you or a CE that can't wire or mix.

I do not want to be forced to work with someone who either hates me or is grossly incompetent.
But we don't ban people who fuck up unless it's a symptom of a larger problem

I know this game has a very insular community but the day we ban people for genuine mistakes and nothing else is the day the server dies
Limey wrote:its too late.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #318679

a genuine mistake is not greytiding brig and spamming smoke whilst pissing off sec

A genuine mistake is not attacking sec and brig then using your armblade to break out of the cell then ghosting in permabrig.

A genuine mistake is not beating all prisoners retarded during cult with the bible.

A genuine mistake isn't giving a prisoner 100u of holy water.

It's easy to dismiss my arguments if you view me as a monster. How about tonight 1500 EST get on discord and chat to me and we work things out and get to know eachother.

All of you.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #318684

J_Madison wrote:a genuine mistake is not greytiding brig and spamming smoke whilst pissing off sec

A genuine mistake is not attacking sec and brig then using your armblade to break out of the cell then ghosting in permabrig.

A genuine mistake is not beating all prisoners retarded during cult with the bible.

A genuine mistake isn't giving a prisoner 100u of holy water.

It's easy to dismiss my arguments if you view me as a monster. How about tonight 1500 EST get on discord and chat to me and we work things out and get to know eachother.

All of you.
Then why include "incompetent" in your posts

We don't ban people for being incompetent unless it's part of a larger problem (they consistently fuck up rounds for everyone, for example) so of course I'm going to dispute the part of your post that was hilariously unrealistic
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #318688

I'm not making this thread into a ban request.

Last 3 incidents happened within the last week. First incident happened on a daily basis on Sybil.

We'll pull ckeys on discord tonight.

It's part of a larger problem when ckeys involved have a history of gross abuse of power and shittery.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #318692

I don't think jmad is reading my posts
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #318737

J_Madison wrote: It's part of a larger problem when ckeys involved have a history of gross abuse of power and shittery.
How ironic.

What you seek to remove is the element that makes the game interesting, the human element. The one capable of making mistakes, or making decisions you do not like, and the one making the game interesting through conflict. As Qbopper said, the day we remove people for mistakes, is the day the game dies. You have plenty of other ways to get your valid fluid, please use those ways instead.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #318739

ITT: wtf chaplain isn't enabling my validhunting ban he
Shit I play security and I think you're overreacting.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #318744

tfw mekhi thinks you're validhunting too hard

I don't know if the problem here is that chaplains aren't taking things seriously, but that, as several people have noted, coderbus is putting what were previously or at least traditionally fluffy characters into roles of responsibility.

At this point we have some options.

1) don't care
In the instance of not caring, things continue as they are and no changes are made.

2) coderbus reduces the role or efficacy of chaplains in conversion cult game modes, OR implements balancing mechanisms to be used at some other cost (research items, ordered shit from cargo, maybe as easy as being able to order holy water from cargo) in the event of an unwilling or absent chaplain

3) admins/coderbus add chaplain to the 'you must be this old to play' list and begin more closely monitoring chaplain behavior, to an extent greater than that of any other non-head job (i.e. chemists are replaceable, chaplains aren't, etc etc etc)

I think that 3 is ridiculous. Implementing admin oversight for a chaplain, who most of the time is a meme character, is silly.

2 has some promise. I feel like antagonists should have several paths to win, and players should have several paths to defeat them. Making the chaplain a choke point is a legitimate complaint.

I also don't really see much problem with 1, if only because the amount of complaint received over this issue is smaller than several other outstanding issues, though I'd really prefer, again, that multiple paths be available for both antags and regular players.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #318748

I don't even validhunt what are you on about
I have the lowest kill ratios of hos players on team antag

I just don't want to feel like I could do a better job playing chaplain and hos on two screens at the same time.

Like it's my duty to do to you what you want to do to me - convert you to my side.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #318749

Eh, I feel like chaplain is one of those chill civilian roles that have a roleplay side to it whatever that means to you.
It shouldn't be strictly regulated.
As for the balance of gamemodes being balanced around the dude.
Well what can I say, pray to RNG. Some chaplains are incompetent and nearly insane while others are security players and do exactly what security does.
D&B

Post by D&B » #318758

I feel there should be shorter ways of having a reliable source of holy water rather than make chaplains a more restricted role.

Else we have cases were you're just forced to massacre depaetments because one cultist was from there.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #318759

Step one: Plant melons
Step two: Dump mutagen on it until they're holy melons
Step three: Unwrench the tray and move it to Sec
D&B

Post by D&B » #318761

Meanwhile
>Blood cult has caught you alone in botany and stun paper you
>If you're with backup they just assault the brig because now sec is down x amount of officers for meme melons

>Clock cult has set meme sigils on the doors to get you as you step out
>Or a culted Borg has just bolted you in and syphoned you.

>While you're dealing with getting into chemistry, the cult multiplies
>While you're making mutagen, cult multiplies
>While you're playing the RnG lottery for the mutation and stats, the cult multiplies

Deconversion and securement is already an awful lot of steps, and pretending that adding more steps is a non issue is stupid
Spoiler:
fuck you
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #318762

Here is an idea

Remove both cults because they are shitty and unfun, the players voted them as the least favorite game modes and their very existence makes the rest of the game worse by forcing stupid wide-impacting design decisions.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
feem

Post by feem » #318763

Turning a job that's important in less than 10% of total rounds played into an essential/time-based/heavy-admin-oversight role isn't stupid? There are other options.
D&B

Post by D&B » #318764

Sure, but it's either slog through shit, or shoot the shit out of them, and one of them puts you into admins bad faith, and the other one is a tedious hell.
Spoiler:
fuck you
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #318765

just remove cult
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #318766

motherfuckers get so up in arms trying to come up with ways to treat the symptoms instead of just cutting out the infection.
feem

Post by feem » #318768

I don't think asking players to grow something is unreasonable. In the event of a missing/dead/irrational chaplain, it would be security's job to secure botany, the same way they already (sometimes, if they feel like it) secure cargo for revolution. I also suggested, and I think it's been suggested before, that maybe holy water could be made available via cargo in a bulk package instead of just the religious supplies crate (which is already available).

This isn't a game about being comfy and you have to adapt to the situations presented.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #318769

Add a real botany sec guard instead of just the joke armband
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #318771

If we banned for incompetence 90% of the server would be permabanned immediately.

maybe we should start
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #318788

Having a civillian player who is expected to doodle with crayons on the floor in 8/10 round types and in fact will catch shit from security/admins for "validhunting" and then having that player be round critical with important mechanics hard locked behind them being a cooperative "validhunter" is a design problem more than an individual player problem I think.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #318789

We had this conversation a while ago but just killing the cultist is always on the table and is very effective
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz