Team antags doing things without majority team approval

BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Team antags doing things without majority team approval

Post by BeeSting12 » #335389

What are your opinions on team antagonists doing things that the majority of the team do not want and then team members killing them or otherwise retaliating?

For example, a nuke op team leader asking if anyone wants to declare war, then declaring it after finding out he's the only one who wants to do so. Are the team members allowed to shoot him? Is he able to be bwoinked/banned for this? Should the team members that retaliate be punished?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Team antags doing things without majority team approval

Post by CPTANT » #335403

BeeSting12 wrote:What are your opinions on team antagonists doing things that the majority of the team do not want and then team members killing them or otherwise retaliating?

For example, a nuke op team leader asking if anyone wants to declare war, then declaring it after finding out he's the only one who wants to do so. Are the team members allowed to shoot him? Is he able to be bwoinked/banned for this? Should the team members that retaliate be punished?
Nuke ops aren't a democracy, the leader is in charge.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #335405

Also shooting your team-mates over minor disagreements in a team antag position is outrageously stupid.

Nuke Ops are like, a team of 5 max, killing one of your team members because he exercised his authority as leader is stupid.

If someone is being a more active sabotager/annoyance, maybe, but its really the kind of thing thats going to get you bwoinked every time and you need bulletproof logic.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #335408

There was this guy once who as leader hoarded like 70% of points to spent for himself though.

I came REALLY close to shooting him.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #335417

BeeSting12 wrote:For example, a nuke op team leader asking if anyone wants to declare war, then declaring it after finding out he's the only one who wants to do so. Are the team members allowed to shoot him? Is he able to be bwoinked/banned for this? Should the team members that retaliate be punished?
I didn't think you of all people would support armed personnel shooting their commander roundstart because they disagreed with the operating procedure said commander decided on.

I mean, assuming that's your stance here.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #335435

CPTANT wrote:There was this guy once who as leader hoarded like 70% of points to spent for himself though.

I came REALLY close to shooting him.
These are the kinda situations I'm talking about. You should be able to shoot the leader if he's going to be a prick about the way he distributes TCs or declares war.
Arianya wrote:Also shooting your team-mates over minor disagreements in a team antag position is outrageously stupid.

Nuke Ops are like, a team of 5 max, killing one of your team members because he exercised his authority as leader is stupid.

If someone is being a more active sabotager/annoyance, maybe, but its really the kind of thing thats going to get you bwoinked every time and you need bulletproof logic.
Declaring war when noone wants to and everyone's already bought stuff for a nonwar playstyle seems pretty sabotagey to me.
Sligneris wrote: I didn't think you of all people would support armed personnel shooting their commander roundstart because they disagreed with the operating procedure said commander decided on.

I mean, assuming that's your stance here.
I'm fine with shooting the commander roundstart if the commander's a fucking moron.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #335437

CPTANT wrote:Nuke ops aren't a democracy, the leader is in charge.
This includes TC distribution as well so long as there's rhyme and reason to it ( You only give one guy a few bombs because he's to break into the ai, NOT well you guys got a 9mm so here take an emag and I'll give the rest to myself :) )

Although honestly if they're formulating a 30 minute plan you know you're screwed anyways, just take it out on them in OOC after the round.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #335443

CPTANT wrote: Nuke ops aren't a democracy, the leader is in charge.
This is really all that needs be said. If you lost the lottery and your leader is a moron, you lost the lottery and your leader is a moron. Your antag rolls are not sacred.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #335444

Can we police every possible situation with admin guardrails so I never have to worry about game play influencing my round please?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #335445

Wyzack wrote:Can we police every possible situation with admin guardrails so I never have to worry about game play influencing my round please?
are you saying this in favour of allowing nuke op mutinies or against? because frankly i would think a mutiny against the nuke op leader is valid if everyone agrees, IC issue. if my antag roll isn't sacred than neither is his, why should I have to put up with his shit?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #335447

let me put it this way. technically the captain is on charge but if he says "hey guys let's sell the whole armory to cargo and gas the liggers" then a mutiny will likely happen. somehow it's different if the nuke op team leader wants to do something dumb that noone else wants to do.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #335450

You don't have an OOC obligation to listen to the captain, you do as a team antag to your leader.
BeeSting12 wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Can we police every possible situation with admin guardrails so I never have to worry about game play influencing my round please?
are you saying this in favour of allowing nuke op mutinies or against? because frankly i would think a mutiny against the nuke op leader is valid if everyone agrees, IC issue. if my antag roll isn't sacred than neither is his, why should I have to put up with his shit?
Because as fate would have it, he's the leader.
Last edited by Cobby on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #335451

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:You don't have an OOC obligation to listen to the captain, you do as a team antag to your leader.
Team antags have no obligation to their leader, they have an obligation to their objective.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #335452

CPTANT wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:You don't have an OOC obligation to listen to the captain, you do as a team antag to your leader.
Team antags have no obligation to their leader, they have an obligation to their objective.
this really. if the leader is being a jackass and keeping all the TCs while leaving everyone else with a stetchkin and 3 TCs then they kinda deserve what comes to them.

but yeah as wyzack said god forbid gameplay come in the way of admins policing everything
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #335453

CPTANT wrote:
Yeah replace listen with "not kill" lol
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #335455

BeeSting12 wrote:but yeah as wyzack said god forbid gameplay come in the way of admins policing everything
God forbid you can't do a cookiecutter tactic to greentext and the only way to personally right this transgression is to break one of the more explicit rules we have.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #335461

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:but yeah as wyzack said god forbid gameplay come in the way of admins policing everything
God forbid you can't do a cookiecutter tactic to greentext and the only way to personally right this transgression is to break one of the more explicit rules we have.
I'm okay doing war. I even like it at times. But when the majority of the team doesn't want to do it, it seems like a dick move to declare war.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #335468

BeeSting12 wrote: "hey guys let's sell the whole armory to cargo and gas the liggers"
How is that the same as declaring war exactly?

It's more comparable to shooting the captain because you dislike their station name. No benefit from doing so, and it just makes the round harder for your side in the long run.
BeeSting12 wrote:I'm okay doing war. I even like it at times. But when the majority of the team doesn't want to do it, it seems like a dick move to declare war.
It's even more of a dick move to immediately kill your leader because you disagree with a decision their made, a decision that's well within their authority.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #335470

"Guys, if <antag leader> does <thing to make the objective harder> can I do <thing to make the objective nearly impossible>?"

Why is this a question?
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #335472

Cedar I'm not defending shooting the team leader but let's be real and admit nuke ops is easier when your team isn't around to blow your cover and shoot you in the back
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #335476

Lazengann wrote:Cedar I'm not defending shooting the team leader but let's be real and admit nuke ops is easier when your team isn't around to blow your cover and shoot you in the back
I'm just sayin. If the complaint is "he hit the war button should get to shoot him" then we're just not putting the ol noggin to work.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #335478

Mutinying as nuke op is also really fucking stupid because nuke ops have explosive implants.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #335539

Why are people spouting shit about the nuke op leader having final say on anything?

They are literally 100% the same as the other ops except for two things:
1) They can choose the maymay last name for the team
2) Their ID card opens the door to the shuttle

With cult leader, you are explicitly told to serve them.
With rev, victory is directly based on keeping the head revs alive.
With nuke, the survival of any of the ops is irrelevent, your sole objective is to nuke the station.

Now I'm not saying 'kill the leader because you disagree with him durr hurr durr', but if ANY nuke op is doing shit that is obviously fucking dumb and going to make doing your objective significantly harder (without team approval), then why would you NOT go out of your way to stop them first through talking then violence if really needed?

Your antag roll isn't sacred, but neither is the chucklefucks. If some asshole is going to take all the tc, or run off on their own before the team is even ready, declare war when everyone else is all set for non-war, or any other dumb shit, then yes, if they're not going to listen to reason, at some point I would escalate this to shooting the idiot.
Yes this will make the round more difficult. Will it be more difficult than if you let them do dumb ass thing XYZ? if no, then go right ahead.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #335546

lumipharon wrote:Why are people spouting shit about the nuke op leader having final say on anything?

They are literally 100% the same as the other ops except for two things:
1) They can choose the maymay last name for the team
2) Their ID card opens the door to the shuttle

With cult leader, you are explicitly told to serve them.
With rev, victory is directly based on keeping the head revs alive.
With nuke, the survival of any of the ops is irrelevent, your sole objective is to nuke the station.

Now I'm not saying 'kill the leader because you disagree with him durr hurr durr', but if ANY nuke op is doing shit that is obviously fucking dumb and going to make doing your objective significantly harder (without team approval), then why would you NOT go out of your way to stop them first through talking then violence if really needed?

Your antag roll isn't sacred, but neither is the chucklefucks. If some asshole is going to take all the tc, or run off on their own before the team is even ready, declare war when everyone else is all set for non-war, or any other dumb shit, then yes, if they're not going to listen to reason, at some point I would escalate this to shooting the idiot.
Yes this will make the round more difficult. Will it be more difficult than if you let them do dumb ass thing XYZ? if no, then go right ahead.
this is my thoughts on the matter written out nonautistically
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #335551

He also gets the TC distribution console and the button to call for war though so he obviously is the designated person as set by the code to decide how to play it out.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #335566

Oh no, I can't climb over a table or press a button.

How is he 'designated to decide how things play out' in anything more than an IC way at best? If you want to make it that the team leader can do whatever retarded shit he wants and force everyone else to go along with it, then make it explicit like a cult leader.

Right now the only thing relevent is rule 4 which says team antags can do whatever, so long as it doesn't 'harm their team'. If you take this literally, then soloing the shuttle to station and spacing the nuke while the rest of your team is stuck at base is ok.
If you intepret this like a non autist, then a 'team leader', whether explicitly ooc or ic, they still can't do dumb shit that the rest of the team clearly doesn't want and is going to fuck them over.

Whether you argue that this should be resolved in an IC or OOC manner (ie: shoot them in the head or bannu them), I can't see how anyone can pose a rational argument for letting someone be a massive cunt. Which is basically where this comes under rule 1.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #335576

Show me on the doll where your nuke leader wasted your telecrystal, lumi
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #335580

Telling nuke ops leaders its 100% acceptable to take their teams TCs and buy themself a mauler because they're the leader is not going ruin anyone's fun Im sure
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #335606

If your team leader is being a complete saboteur (throwing the nuke out of the ship, hoarding all the TC to himself, etc) then ahelp it and he'll get bwoinked.

If your team leader decides to do something that you don't necessarily agree with but which is a reasonable choice if not the most optimal one then suck it up and deal with it. There's always OOC and deadchat to taunt them over their stupid fucking choices when it all goes pear-shaped.

If you shoot your team leader for making a decision you will end up getting bwoinked for violating one of the few sacred tenets of team antag: don't murder your own team.

CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #335608

Arianya wrote:If your team leader is being a complete saboteur (throwing the nuke out of the ship, hoarding all the TC to himself, etc) then ahelp it and he'll get bwoinked.

If your team leader decides to do something that you don't necessarily agree with but which is a reasonable choice if not the most optimal one then suck it up and deal with it. There's always OOC and deadchat to taunt them over their stupid fucking choices when it all goes pear-shaped.

If you shoot your team leader for making a decision you will end up getting bwoinked for violating one of the few sacred tenets of team antag: don't murder your own team.
Once again, that is not a sacred tenet of team antags, the sacred tenet of team antags is complete your objective.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #335614

If you don't consider the "Main Server Rules" sacred tenets then you may need to revisit them.
Team antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team
And yes, you can handwring about "b-but he declared war!!" but shooting one of your team-mates to death is far more harmful then making a questionable decision.

imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #335617

lumipharon wrote:Oh no, I can't climb over a table or press a button.

How is he 'designated to decide how things play out' in anything more than an IC way at best? If you want to make it that the team leader can do whatever retarded shit he wants and force everyone else to go along with it, then make it explicit like a cult leader.

Right now the only thing relevent is rule 4 which says team antags can do whatever, so long as it doesn't 'harm their team'. If you take this literally, then soloing the shuttle to station and spacing the nuke while the rest of your team is stuck at base is ok.
If you intepret this like a non autist, then a 'team leader', whether explicitly ooc or ic, they still can't do dumb shit that the rest of the team clearly doesn't want and is going to fuck them over.

Whether you argue that this should be resolved in an IC or OOC manner (ie: shoot them in the head or bannu them), I can't see how anyone can pose a rational argument for letting someone be a massive cunt. Which is basically where this comes under rule 1.
something like this actually happened once

a nuke op acted like a cunt and went off to solo but it turned out they were able to pull it off
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #335654

imblyings wrote:
lumipharon wrote:Oh no, I can't climb over a table or press a button.

something like this actually happened once

a nuke op acted like a cunt and went off to solo but it turned out they were able to pull it off
I seem to remember an admin yelling at them for being a tool though.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #335758

Oldman or some other memer used to do that EVERY. SINGLE. ROUND. They would fuck off with a parapen and maymay disguise and get the disk in 5 minutes for the greentext and say 'don't do anything until I set the nuke, then you can do whatever'.

Also last time I had a genuine cunt op leader, I critted them then they blew themselves up, and admins were fine with it because he was being a fucking ass cunt.

And to clarify, I am not arguing anywhere that we must do the ultimate powergamer efficient strat for le green text, or I'm going to spit the dummy. I am saying that if a team member is being such a cunt to the rest of the team and being an actual liability, then you'd have to be an idiot not to do something about them.
It's like back when we didn't have syndie pins, and some chucklefuck would get the SAW, run off on their own and get disarmed immediately, then the rest of the team gets mowed down by SAW spam.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #335976

lumipharon wrote:Oldman or some other memer used to do that EVERY. SINGLE. ROUND. They would fuck off with a parapen and maymay disguise and get the disk in 5 minutes for the greentext and say 'don't do anything until I set the nuke, then you can do whatever'.

Also last time I had a genuine cunt op leader, I critted them then they blew themselves up, and admins were fine with it because he was being a fucking ass cunt.

And to clarify, I am not arguing anywhere that we must do the ultimate powergamer efficient strat for le green text, or I'm going to spit the dummy. I am saying that if a team member is being such a cunt to the rest of the team and being an actual liability, then you'd have to be an idiot not to do something about them.
It's like back when we didn't have syndie pins, and some chucklefuck would get the SAW, run off on their own and get disarmed immediately, then the rest of the team gets mowed down by SAW spam.
Sounds like theres nothing really to discuss then, since judging by your anecdote you killed a team-mate for legitimate cuntery and the admins were fine with it.

Declaring war is most likely not going to meet that barrier, per the OP.

Gouty
Byond Username: Gouty

Post by Gouty » #336827

So I was adminning when this happened recently (it might have even been the event that lead to this post being made)

The situation was that the original leader told me they were lagging hard so wanted to have their role offered to ghosts, which I did. The team had been preparing for the mission without war, and had spent a fair amount of TC already. New leader comes in, holds a vote whether to go to war and gets outvoted 3/1 against, and still declares war anyway.

It wasn't one person that killed the leader it was 2 of them simultaneously, and the 3rd did not object. Their explosive implant did not cause any collateral damage.

I think I just heard everyone out and noted all involved (making sure to include the situation and that they were semi justified to kill them), spoke to both sides and toyed with the idea of adding the player back in as a different op so that they would not be down one player, the remaining ops were open to it but the killed leader just went "nah, they've made their bed" sort of thing.

I think each situation will be different, in this one I think there was no one clear person in the wrong. However I could see situations arising where the leader spends/wastes all the points, hoards the gear, is overly antagonistic with their team mates and probably deserves it. I would however prefer this to be ahelped before acted upon.