Disallow admins to make secborgs & remove them from config.

FrozenGuy5
Github User
Byond Username: FrozenGuy5
Github Username: praisenarsie

Disallow admins to make secborgs & remove them from config.

Post by FrozenGuy5 » #355387

Bottom post of the previous page:

Title.

They were removed. They still should be removed. They are still overpowered. Also, who even asked for them?

btw arm enabled them

yes, this is an i ded.
ййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййй shitty fucking signatures
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Disallow admins to make secborgs & remove them from conf

Post by oranges » #357754

It's not resolved, because the host continues to readd secborgs and claiming it's something to do with the administration and nothing to do with secborgs despite that being the dumbest thing I've ever heard come out of anyone's mouth

maybe I'll code and add a MLP race and just claim I'm doing it to revitalise the administration so they talk in IRC, it'd be about the same level of retardation
Last edited by oranges on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #357755

I claim this an official cursed thread
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #357770

CosmicScientist wrote:This thread has gone to shit and shouldn't continue.
literally one of the few times that locking a thread isn't muh oppressive adminbus being literally worse than north korea
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #357778

All I learned from this thread is that I should disable peacekeepers for being a module meant entirely to taunt secborg players
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #357781

eggborg was in fact the concentrated jerking off of people who hated secborg but had to rub it in after they got secborg removed but it got a really cute sprite so people liked it anyway

maybe i should keep this thread open so cosmic posts in that way more
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #357784

peacekeeper was a strange thing
people got cucked and liked it
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #357786

Again, secborgs aren't the godslaying demigods you chucklefucks keep making them out to be, and the only time they'd be an administration issue is if the admins were so fucking shit/lazy that they couldn't be bothered to correct/ban people improperly using secborgs.

All this hyperbolic bullshit about secborgs being the axis everything in every round revolved around is dumb and only serves to make shit even messier.
Kor wrote:We tried "secborg but we nerf it over and over" that is what eggborg is.
Totally untrue. Eggborg was coded when secborgs were removed to mock the anti-siliconers, being a completely useless module that literally dispenses hugs and cookies and soft assurances that life is good. The hugbox module. Eventually it was tweaked into being decent at passive anti-harm, but the original design was for just a useless hugbox module.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #357792

oranges wrote: it's funny to see a player who joined in 2013 tell someone who has been around since forever what the games "intended dynamic" is
Hi gatekeeper of design and intent, please advise us what regdate is required to have a valid opinion ITT

nthing that eggborg is and always has been a joke at silicon player's expense, its not impossible to make them into a functional borg module, even as a "replacement" for secborgs but it requires maintainers (cough cough oranges) to agree that that is the intended direction for them and not just meme about it.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #357802

Just make secborgs a researched module that needs materials.

Give robotics something to do
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #357839

leave the eggborgs alone arm their sprite is too cute to remove QaQ

all shitposting aside i originally gave them guns that slowed but the same thing with secborgs happened so they were removed (wow i thought players would use it to prevent harmful people from chasing their targets but instead it was used to hunt people down how wrong i was!!)
might give them a damage dampening field instead of just projectile dampening field in the future if it doesn't get shot dow nfor balance reasons.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #357843

just fix peacekeeper borgs and make them actually capable of stopping harm while not making them robot security officers
Limey wrote:its too late.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #357846

Qbopper wrote:just fix peacekeeper borgs and make them actually capable of stopping harm while not making them robot security officers
As has been said in this thread multiple times, PRs to make peacekeepers not a joke or to make sec borgs lessened get insta-closed because of the general attitude surrounding secborgs
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #357880

Nilons wrote:
Qbopper wrote:just fix peacekeeper borgs and make them actually capable of stopping harm while not making them robot security officers
As has been said in this thread multiple times, PRs to make peacekeepers not a joke or to make sec borgs lessened get insta-closed because of the general attitude surrounding secborgs
And because oranges shoots down almost all changes to them. I would accept secborgs being removed in a second if PK borgs could actually do their job better than the standard module.

Removing the ability for borgs to drag cuffed people without resistance might also help, it means you can cuff someone to stop the harm but you cant drag them to sec without them running.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #357885

Nilons wrote:
i know that but the solution is to tell the maintainers closing them to man eat a dong
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #357889

Does that mean something will change if you keep asking them over and over with the other fifty nerds doing the same thing after year(s) of secbot absence?

Someone was supposed to lock this thread after my cursed comment.
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #357922

i'm genuinely sorry i shitposted outside the hut, that was a mistake
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #357931

Welp the borg is gone. Thats a wrap. Closr the thread everyone leave
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #357941

The guy who originally came up with peacekeeper borgs did so genuinely, not to mock or taunt ex-secborg players, for the record.
Luke Cox wrote:After the recent test, secborgs have been removed. Many people saw them as OP and game-breaking, but I feel like their removal has left a void that should be filled. Here's my proposal: the Peacekeeper borg. Unlike the secborg that was made to do security's job, this borg is designed strictly with conflict prevention and resolution in mind. As such, it has absolutely no hard stuns or restraints.

Items include
  • Energy bola launcher - For slowing down harmful individuals so that their targets can escape
  • Flash - To make people drop their weapons. Blinds when hacked.
  • Sedative injector - For when people get a little too unruly. Injects a non-harmful dose of a chemical that makes the subject dizzy and off-balance. Injects chloral or another toxin when hacked.
  • Energy barrier - Deploys a shield wall where the borg is standing in order to block energy projectile fire only. Electrocutes on contact when hacked.
  • Cookie dispenser - Sometimes people just need something to brighten their day. Poisoned when hacked.
  • HARM ALARM! - Functions like the ling's shriek, but weaker. Notifies the AI when used. Deafens when hacked.
Appearance: Lots of round shapes, padded chaises. No points or corners. Light pink and/or soft blue colors.

PR is up here: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/17355
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #357960

In my experience secborg players considered themselves a central force of the game who make or break rounds.
They did not contribute much to the interesting parts of the game (since the only thing they can do is shut down antags) and the removal has improved gameplay.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #357963

PKPenguin321 wrote:The guy who originally came up with peacekeeper borgs did so genuinely, not to mock or taunt ex-secborg players, for the record.
Luke Cox wrote:After the recent test, secborgs have been removed. Many people saw them as OP and game-breaking, but I feel like their removal has left a void that should be filled. Here's my proposal: the Peacekeeper borg. Unlike the secborg that was made to do security's job, this borg is designed strictly with conflict prevention and resolution in mind. As such, it has absolutely no hard stuns or restraints.

Items include
  • Energy bola launcher - For slowing down harmful individuals so that their targets can escape
  • Flash - To make people drop their weapons. Blinds when hacked.
  • Sedative injector - For when people get a little too unruly. Injects a non-harmful dose of a chemical that makes the subject dizzy and off-balance. Injects chloral or another toxin when hacked.
  • Energy barrier - Deploys a shield wall where the borg is standing in order to block energy projectile fire only. Electrocutes on contact when hacked.
  • Cookie dispenser - Sometimes people just need something to brighten their day. Poisoned when hacked.
  • HARM ALARM! - Functions like the ling's shriek, but weaker. Notifies the AI when used. Deafens when hacked.
Appearance: Lots of round shapes, padded chaises. No points or corners. Light pink and/or soft blue colors.

PR is up here: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/17355
The fact that it was nerfed to joke status is sad. Harm prevention tools are neat, require creativity, and cant really be used to validhunt as effectively, I hope the PK borg can be returned to that level.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #358015

dimentio would not face me in a 1v1 with him as a grey shirt and me as a secborg in the thunderdome
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #358018

oranges wrote:dimentio would not face me in a 1v1 with him as a grey shirt and me as a secborg in the thunderdome
Ah the can't beat it while naked argument has grown to involve facing it in a vast open shooting range.

DEEPLY insightful I am completely swayed now let's rig the bridge to self destruct if I knock on a window.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #358084

I remember the old days with secborgs... But honestly my does not matter beyond....

TO THE MINES WITH THEE ACCCURSED THREAD!!!
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #358114

Incomptinence wrote:
oranges wrote:dimentio would not face me in a 1v1 with him as a grey shirt and me as a secborg in the thunderdome
Ah the can't beat it while naked argument has grown to involve facing it in a vast open shooting range.

DEEPLY insightful I am completely swayed now let's rig the bridge to self destruct if I knock on a window.
This, you literally can't find an arena that favors the secborg more than a big empty room with no cover and no exit.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #358131

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:

This, you literally can't find an arena that favors the secborg more than a big empty room with no cover and no exit.
A straight 1 tile wide hallway
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #358137

CosmicScientist wrote: egg will make more players sad. Don't give them stuns, Kekhi can tell you what backlash occurs due to validhunting.
The same people who bitch about validhunting from secborgs are the same people who bitch about validhunting from the AI, non-secborg borgs, the clown's PDA and a laundry list of other ided bullshit. People get sad when their "esword the hallways" antics are shut down by literally anything and look for an excuse to lash out.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #358141

PKPenguin321 wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:

A straight 1 tile wide hallway
Did you know maint has corners?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #358142

scared?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #358145

cedarbridge wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote: egg will make more players sad. Don't give them stuns, Kekhi can tell you what backlash occurs due to validhunting.
The same people who bitch about validhunting from secborgs are the same people who bitch about validhunting from the AI, non-secborg borgs, the clown's PDA and a laundry list of other ided bullshit. People get sad when their "esword the hallways" antics are shut down by literally anything and look for an excuse to lash out.
This is a highly dismissive generalization and clearly not the actual motive behind wanting to keep secborgs gone, and you might know that if you'd actually consider reading just about anything I've written.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #358162

CosmicScientist wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
The same people who validhunt as secborgs are the same people who validhunt as AI, non-secborg borgs, clown PDA holders and a laundry list of other ided bullshit. People get sad when their "underpowered silicon" antics are shut down by literally any coder and look for an excuse to lash out.

Fuck off cedar, you don't play ball and you just hard line.

This thread is just making more and more bad fee fees and has no future unless forced into a conclusion by the powers that are in control of delete post and lock.
Do you read your own posts?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #358173

MSO and I have entered peace talks all is well again