[POLL] Murderbone as antag

When does murderbone cross the line into bannable territory?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:42 am

1-6 people (who are not a target and pose little threat) as traitor without unusual objectives.
2%
1-6 people (who are not a target and pose little threat) as traitor without unusual objectives.
2%
2%
6-12 people (who are not a target and pose little threat) as traitor without unusual objectives.
9%
6-12 people (who are not a target and pose little threat) as traitor without unusual objectives.
9%
9%
12+ people (who are not a target and pose little threat) as traitor without unusual objectives.
3%
12+ people (who are not a target and pose little threat) as traitor without unusual objectives.
3%
3%
Never.
18%
Never.
18%
Never.
18%

Total votes: 285

scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

[POLL] Murderbone as antag

Post by scaredofshadows » #30851

Bottom post of the previous page:

We're finally going to add this to the rules. I'd suggest that silent mass murder (without roleplaying of any kind) can be considered a bannable offense under rule 1. These bans might be anywhere from 24h to permanent and would be subject to review.

The community should decide what constitutes unacceptable murderbone with no roleplaying elements. I'm going to define 'unusual objectives' for the purpose of this thread as any objective where mass murder is an aid to rather than a hindrance from completing objectives. Obviously 'escape alone' requires a lot of murder. Assassinate one person and steal one item not only does not require mass murder, the odds of succeeding go down when you have the rest of the station hunting for you. Antagonists who have a reasonable motive for mass murder (borgs during Malf for example) are not under scrutiny here.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [POLL] Murderbone as antag

Post by Saegrimr » #31714

paprika wrote:admins please do this more it's not like you'll get admin complainted for doing it
You'd be suprised.

I prefer to just fill the room where they have the communications console with spiders, a little more subtle.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #31718

Pandarsenic wrote:Speaking of recalling:

1) if you recall it while being boring, don't be surprised if you explode
2) Don't get upset if people force through a restart vote because we don't or won't cancel it to enhance your ability to rub your murderection
3) If you manage to exterminate the station, or nearly so, before the shuttle can be refueled, uh... yeah I dunno.
This is what I like to see.

Not some awful blanket policy....we already have way too much policy as it is....not some awful Baystation rule...but proper admin intervention.
/vg/station Head Admin
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #31745

Incomptinence wrote:People really just need to push the restart votes you know stop jumping on our old I DED PLS RESTART wagon and let them actually RESTART A ROUND on occasion.
Nope. Player restart is fucking awful.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #31763

Look there are times when the players aren't happy. We know they can get unhappy, the proof is right here. They have a way to be happy again and they just do not take it.

Am I meant to be sympathetic to someone who finds a tired joke more important than their own enjoyment?
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #31768

They're not happy because i ded pls restart. Ever since I got denied hard-earned greentext because of i ded pls restart, I fucking hate it.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #31771

To be fair, if you managed to force a restart its worth like 20 greentexts, it's so satisfying to watch people freak out in OOC and force the current round to end at every else's expense because you managed to trick the better part of 20 people into a tcomms sat laser corridor, for an example.

I ded restart is fucking terrible if you aren't the cause though, especially if its most if its on dead guy and a bunch of trolls.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #31920

Scott wrote:They're not happy because i ded pls restart. Ever since I got denied hard-earned greentext because of i ded pls restart, I fucking hate it.
You're doing the same thing in the opposite direction.

I DENIED GREENTEXT, PLS NORESTART, PLS AHELP, PLS HE DUNK ME, PLS SINGULARITY KILLED ME, PLS I DROPPED PDA INTO SPACE
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #31929

That doesn't even make sense.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #31963

Why not a 'no murderbone until 20 readies' rule

simple, easy to follow, will keep murderbone off of lowpop where its most annoying.

Oh wait someone removed the ability to see how many lobby readies there are for some reason ???????????????????????????????????
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #31969

paprika wrote:Oh wait someone removed the ability to see how many lobby readies there are for some reason ???????????????????????????????????
Because people were using it to metagame nuke ops. Yes, that actually happened.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #31971

It's still really dodgy and hard to do, especially with HUGE amounts of players like we have normally. Well now we can't make rules based on readycount which is annoying. What about 30 players on the server before murderbone?
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Kuraudo
Byond Username: Arumashi

Post by Kuraudo » #32305

No. People don't want any limitations over murderboning.
"He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are brigged."
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #32367

Why are you making such a blanket statement? Have you ever played on basil/sybil 2 during the 20 player murderbone fests where he just recalls over and over or subverts the AI and slaughters everyone? This policy will not affect sybil at all. Only sybil really lowpop and server 2 if it ever gets started again (which will be easier with no murderboning)
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #32404

Why don't we just ban murderboner action on basil so they go away

Spoiler:

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
>trucking

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #32407

I'm of the belief that you can't put an arbitrary cap on it. Murdering people wantonly is fine, but going Dante Smith about it is immensely shit and shouldn't exactly be encouraged.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #32409

The traitor scaling is basically set to start at two then have diminishing returns. It isn't really a wonder low pop degenerates into murder fests when it has more tators and lings per capita than any other population level.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #33553

Kangaraptor wrote:I'm of the belief that you can't put an arbitrary cap on it. Murdering people wantonly is fine, but going Dante Smith about it is immensely shit and shouldn't exactly be encouraged.
It encourages itself. Everyone a part of those ghosts trains that follow good murderboners around are just another person who wants to do it too.
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #33587

paprika wrote:
Kangaraptor wrote:I'm of the belief that you can't put an arbitrary cap on it. Murdering people wantonly is fine, but going Dante Smith about it is immensely shit and shouldn't exactly be encouraged.
It encourages itself. Everyone a part of those ghosts trains that follow good murderboners around are just another person who wants to do it too.
I guess that's symptomatic of deathmatch gamers with no creativity, then; the whole 'I saw x murder a bunch of people with lube and a circular saw, I wanna do it too!' thing instead of figuring out a much more interesting, amusing way of doing it.

idk really, like I said, performing a small genocide in the name of the Syndicate shouldn't be bannable, but being especially shit in the process should be.
Kuraudo

Post by Kuraudo » #33595

paprika wrote:Why are you making such a blanket statement?
Because as we speak, 55% of the voter said no to any kind of limitations to murderboning.
We don't want to set a rule over some shitty precedent.
Last edited by Kuraudo on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are brigged."
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #33596

paprika wrote:It encourages itself. Everyone a part of those ghosts trains that follow good murderboners around are just another person who wants to do it too.
I follow murderboners around as a ghost simply because I want to follow the action. That's a pretty wide statement saying that anyone who spectates a antag on a mass murder spree wants to do the exact same thing.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #33602

Kuraudo wrote:
Because as we speak, 55% of the voter said no to any kind of limitations to murderboning.
That is absolutely not true. 55% of the voters said no to the proposed way of limiting murderboning.

Stop misinterpreting polls, jackasses.
Kuraudo

Post by Kuraudo » #33607

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:
Kuraudo wrote:
That is absolutely not true. 55% of the voters said no to the proposed way of limiting murderboning.

Question: "When does murderbone cross the line into bannable territory?"
Answer: "Never"

That's not clear enough to you ?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #33636

The poll didn't provide an option for "none of the above, but on lowpop / during protracted server-crippling lag / with endless chain-recalls," which would have been my vote.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #33649

Kuraudo wrote:Question: "When does murderbone cross the line into bannable territory?"

I actually read posts, including OP and ALL of the fucking answers to the poll, may be you should as well. Scaredy wants to introduce a limit on how many people can one kill. Most people, including admins, think this is a stupid way to do it, and rightfully so in my opinion, however, that doesn't mean they think murderboner shouldn't be restricted at all, it just means that they don't like this method of restricting it.

Clear enough?
Kuraudo

Post by Kuraudo » #33660

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:
Kuraudo wrote:Question: "When does murderbone cross the line into bannable territory?"

I actually read posts, including OP and ALL of the fucking answers to the poll, may be you should as well. Scaredy wants to introduce a limit on how many people can one kill. Most people, including admins, think this is a stupid way to do it, and rightfully so in my opinion, however, that doesn't mean they think murderboner shouldn't be restricted at all, it just means that they don't like this method of restricting it.

Clear enough?
Fine, i'll dissect the question for you.
When does murderbone cross the line into bannable territory?
First, limit means making it bannable. If you're not willing to ban people not respecting the limit set by a rule, the rule is only a declarative one and has no reach.
Setting a rule mean you are ready to ban people for enfreigning it.
The mean to make it a rule is unique; Get it in bannable territory.

Furthermore, murderboning is defined as the mass killing of the crew by an antag. The main criteria will always be in terms of numbers of people killed, people playing, etc. Setting the criteria elswhere is irrelevant because of the very nature of the act of murderboning.

The answer "Never" encompass everything you can think about. From the relevant and submitted criteria of the number of people killed, to the imaginary ones, setting up an opposition in the principle of the idea of limiting murderboning.
It's safe to assume that someone voting "never" to a question like that, never want murderboning to enter bannable territory. Not from 12 people killed, not if it's nuke ops, and not even the fourth of july.

Malkevin was right when he said that the admins became carebears. Since when the playerbase should be treated like 5 years old getting into a kitchen, with every sharp and dangerous ustensil removed from their grasp ?
What kind of admin would decide, out of the blue, that banning someone for murderboning is ok ? With the poor banned dude appealing and begging to be allowed back in the server ? Since when this kind of thing can happen with nobody saying anything about it ?
Worst of it is the fact that it created a debate while there was no problem in the first place.
How many times do you seriously see someone grabbing syndicate weapons and successfully hacking or shooting his way to victory without being stopped at some point ?
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #33663

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:
Kuraudo wrote:

no, youre misinterpreting the poll
"When does murderbone cross the line into bannable territory?"
"never" means that people think murderbonering should never get you banned as an antag
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #33670

Are you seriously arguing with Lo6?
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
miggles

Post by miggles » #33671

do you seriously need to italicize something in every post you make
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #33672

It's fucking obvious that "Never" includes anyone who didn't like the other options (which are all the same idea, just different numbers), as well as those who just don't want murderboner banned in any way. I don't even know why you try to argue otherwise.
miggles

Post by miggles » #33735

because the only other option is to increase the number of acceptable kills further which is stupid
if you dont agree with any of the options, maybe you shouldnt vote in the poll???
considering its a change by sos himself i doubt there ARE any other options
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #33737

I do believe the unlisted option is that really it's not based purely on kill count, but rather the extent to which mass murder is acceptable is dynamic and should be intuitive at the time.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #33754

We need a zero to negative five option obviously. Oh and fractions, for traitors who lop a percentage of your limbs off.
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #33759

miggles wrote:if you dont agree with any of the options, maybe you shouldnt vote in the poll???
I couldn't imagine somebody would claim that "never" for some reason would apply to absolutely everything, not just one matter that the poll is based upon.

In any case, he said that everyone who voted never don't want murderboner restricted in any way, that is wrong, because at least I voted never and would like murderboner restricted SOMEHOW. If I recall correctly, there were others like me in the thread, so there you go, you can calm down now.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #33761

Cipher3 wrote:I do believe the unlisted option is that really it's not based purely on kill count, but rather the extent to which mass murder is acceptable is dynamic and should be intuitive at the time.
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #33813

Apparently this is why polls need an 'other' option.

However, I believe everyone who picked anything except never actually just meant 'Not specifically never', not the thing they actually voted for. Anyone who thinks someone picked a poll option because of what that poll option specifically said is obviously misinterpreting the results.

So by my estimation 55% want no restrictions, and the other 45% want some random restriction, like you must wear gloves while murderboning. There! Logic!
Kuraudo

Post by Kuraudo » #33820

I suspect this pool is gonna stay open for an extended amount of time, until some day, for like one hour, the "Never" is gonna get under 50 %
It's then gonna get closed super fast with a premade message stating something in the lines of:
"There. The majority of the community expressed their will of seeing some limitation to murderboning. We are gonna work on a new rule reflecting that. Thank you for playing on TG."

On a more serious note; Close this topic please.
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #33824

This is why polls are a terrible idea - people start misinterpreting them based on their opinion and don't stop even when you present them with facts.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #34320

The poll can't be trusted as accurate anyway, people have been making multiple forum accounts to spam them.
Murazor
Byond Username: Murazor

Post by Murazor » #34358

elyina wrote:The poll can't be trusted as accurate anyway, people have been making multiple forum accounts to spam them.
Plus you know, half the people that play on the server pay very little attention to the forum. But still, I am sure the vast majority would vote for never. If sec can't handle a traitor murderboning, then perhaps its time to give sec a new toy?
ImageImageImage
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #34359

Well yeah we used to have in game polls for a reason.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #34360

Murazor wrote:
elyina wrote:The poll can't be trusted as accurate anyway, people have been making multiple forum accounts to spam them.
Plus you know, half the people that play on the server pay very little attention to the forum. But still, I am sure the vast majority would vote for never. If sec can't handle a traitor murderboning, then perhaps its time to give sec a new toy?
Sec tried that once. They banned him.
Bibliodewangus

Post by Bibliodewangus » #34387

Antags should be able to do whatever they want. You will kill this game if you limit their options.
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #34403

Please give several examples

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:

Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #34404

Visible voter names in polls when?
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #34405

Bibliodewangus wrote:Antags should be able to do whatever they want. You will kill this game if you limit their options.
How? Explain your points beyond stating them.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #34424

callanrockslol wrote:

It was investigated by stickymayhem and myself, and confirmed by MSO last night that several trash accounts were made just to vote in polls. It's been changed so that 10 forum posts are now required to vote in polls, but from what I know we can't take off the existing fake votes.
Kuraudo

Post by Kuraudo » #34449

Implying "We are gonna make murderbone bannable anyways."
It's easy to shout "CONSPIRACY !" when the results of a vote doesn't fit your desires.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #34452

elyina wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:

It was investigated by stickymayhem and myself, and confirmed by MSO last night that several trash accounts were made just to vote in polls. It's been changed so that 10 forum posts are now required to vote in polls, but from what I know we can't take off the existing fake votes.
They weren't that bad. No more than four or five extra votes have been made this way according to MSO. The rest were most likely silent OOC votes after some people stirred up shit there and posted the links.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #34456

But silent OOC votes are biased and not useful, since they are very likely to be people who just listened to this guy telling them to vote and didn't read threads or anything.

People need to stop acting like polls are some kind of 100% accurate judgement that is ultimately correct. It's not, it's just a fucking source of information. Which, as we've seen, can be misrepresented.
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #34463

We also need to accept that there is legitimately only 5 people vocally supportive of this change

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #34468

Alternatively you could all stop going LOOK THESE PEOPLE AGREE WITH ME THAT'S BECAUSE I'M RIGHT LOL every time the votes swing one way or another.

Unless it's like 20 against 2 it really doesn't matter. Votes should display close to unanimous support to be the reason for change. But they usually don't. In my opinion they aren't a good idea and discourage discussion in favour of slapping your votes on the table and fencing with them.

Just use your words to explain why something is good or not. Then use your words against someone else's words if you disagree with them. Then shut the fuck up and sit back and let whoever is in charge make their decision.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman