Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

damiac
Rarely plays

Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Post by damiac » #33369

Bottom post of the previous page:

This is related to Paprika's ban for saying the infamous phrase.

As a quick point of clarification, the current rules for IC in OOC say:
The Rules wrote: IC in OOC can be a no warning ban of 15 minutes, it can be longer if the IC in OOC is severe. To clarify, this is revealing anything about the current round that others can use in the OOC channel. If you are unsure do not say it.
This didn't happen here. (the whole ayy lmao thing is OOC in IC, if anything)

The closest rule actually broken was rule 7:
The Rules wrote: 7. Speak like a normal person while in character. Don’t spam, either IC or OOC. Don’t use smileys, netspeak, etc. in IC speech.
And even there, it's a bit questionable. As a real live human, I can say "Ayyy lamayo" out loud. And references to stupid memes aren't just allowed, they're built right into the game(renault, for example).

So why are people getting IC in OOC bans for saying this once? I don't particularly like Paprika, but he/she/it still deserves fair treatment. It just seems kinda heavy handed. I could see bans getting applied for people spamming it, but just for saying it once?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Post by cedarbridge » #40010

bandit wrote:CentComm announcements always struck me as some kind of thought-speak thing. Otherwise how can mimes do it?
Time to start lynching more mimes.

Also, anyone who knows anything about word filters knows that you can never make one robust enough not to be exploited be somebody intent on being an idiot. Here's an idea. Wordfilter yourself so you stop typing like a high school girl on a cell phone.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #40013

Centcom announcements check for deafness, so it's definitely done with sound.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
matilda
Byond Username: MatildaHatchKey

Post by matilda » #45196

This is terrible. I never once got any sort of ban for saying ANYTHING. I could spit out as twisted a sentence as I liked for funny amusement and not have to worry about it. Grammatical and spelling incorrectness can translate to the way something is said. saegrimr got me for saying "i wanna be wit u bby"

What the fuck guys who thought this was an ok idea?
:^)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #45760

Looks like you're not lmaoing any more
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #46240

ayy lmao
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #46400

If I'm totally honest I'm not really sure why its such a big deal. If its because it can spoil immersion then you can always play along with it, i.e:

Random Ass says: Ayy Lmao!
Me says: I-is there something wrong with you? I can't understand what your trying to say.

Or just Scott Pilgrim it:
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
miggles

Post by miggles » #46878

actually yeah whats the point of banning people for saying memes and shit when you can word filter it if you care so much
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #46909

Probably wouldn't take that long to put a word filter in too, honestly.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #46911

A word filter that can be turned on/off for each player individually, let's you customise your game play experience.

Everyone wins.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #46940

I want to bleep swear words
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #46967

Starting with your sig?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #46996

If you've ever posted on 4chan for longer than a week, you'll know exactly why wordfilters are stupid.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #47002

ASSFAGGOTS
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #47107

Saegrimr wrote:If you've ever posted on 4chan for longer than a week, you'll know exactly why wordfilters are stupid.
Works better than admins having to ban players every other round for spouting memes, however.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #47370

Delicious wrote:This policy is stupid and anal. It never used to be a problem. I wish I could find whoever made this into an issue and then meme them.

I got banned for an hour for ironically saying ROFLMAO IC without thinking. I see people all the time OOC IC and I'm partly bitter when they don't get banned for it and partly pleased that they get away with it.
Probably because you've done it three times now, and if you want something to be done about anybody, ahelp it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #54707

Keep necroing this thread
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #54762

Is it so hard to contain your epic playground and digg memes for one spessman round?
/vg/station Head Admin
miggles

Post by miggles » #54828

what the fuck is a playground meme
and ayy lmao isnt even from digg