Admin Involvement

OrbisA
Byond Username: OrbisA

Admin Involvement

Post by OrbisA » #50603

Involvement

Seeing the new policies made today, those being the Murderboner antag ban and ERP ban, I just noticed a pattern...

While it is easier and more worthwhile for an admin to just ban people he just doesn't like, you can instead, leave your bangun on your holster, and press the fucking buttons.

let's take case one, murderboning, okay, Krystal Symmers has a double e-sword, half the armoury, rigged escape with bombs, coaxed the lizards into a rebelion, fitted a phazon with a changelings brain and released two singularities. Again.

Okay, send the clowsquad. Then the Deathsquad, and the Silensquad, fuck, send the corgiSquad, Send gangsters like good admins like Skorvold does, you have a pool of ghosts making now illicit gestures and now illicit remarks to and about Krystal's ass, use them.

Now, erping... noticed my previous statement, that the ghost were bored out of their minds and started to erp on Krystal's ass, again? Well, know why a good chunk of the base erps? Boredoom. They just ran out of things to do and start exploring each other instead of the stars, and we should let them, goddamit, we discovered every inch of the not randomly generated stars around us, we made every mech, dissasembled every tile, but okay, you don't want anyone find out what's behind tail number one, okay. Use buttons. Goddamit. Involve people, give them something to do, make one of the erpers pregger with aliens, I don't know, just add FUN, don't take it away.

TL; DR: You are taking the fun away of problems that can be solved with adding fun to it. I agree that murderboning is getting a bit out of hand, but I think there are ways like those mentioned here that should be tried before banning it.

TL; DR2: Don't bring your religion to my game.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Admin Involvement

Post by Steelpoint » #50620

If I finish my work on the Emergency Response Team, it would facilitate a more IC and easier way to respond to a crisis.

I could section off a area that holds heavier firepower so if the admins want to give the ERT some big guns (for a big tator) then they can do so.

You would be essentially bringing in six people back into the round.
OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #50623

Love it!
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #50652

Why bother?
Outright banning it is the far easier option.
Disguise the symptom, who cares if inside it's rotting, as long as outside it looks fancy and dandy everything will be fine.
Everything will be fine.
Everything. Will. Be. Fine.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #50749

The reason why we don't press buttons to deal with shit, and this is also the reason why we now no longer do elaborate shit to people who read WGW, ERP, etc etc is because it encourages the behavior. People LIKE it when we press buttons. People would start murderboning purely so they could then try to fight deathsquads/etc.

There is absolutely no logical reason to reward shit with fun.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #50766

There's also the people who hate it, and will bitch your ear off for half an hour over some admin hitting a button that made them lose their greentext. And the people who see it happen once and won't stop asking for it to happen again. And the people who'll complain about how they never get to be part of the bussquad. And the people who'll take "Kill this one traitor" to mean "finish off the rest of the station".
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #50794

Steelpoint wrote:If I finish my work on the Emergency Response Team, it would facilitate a more IC and easier way to respond to a crisis.

I could section off a area that holds heavier firepower so if the admins want to give the ERT some big guns (for a big tator) then they can do so.

You would be essentially bringing in six people back into the round.
Well, the problem with that is that it is a kind of motivator for mass murder spree.
We sometimes get antags using the coms console, send messages like "lol I killed 50 people, I will keep killing them unless you send a death squad" and then they keep the shuttle uncalled.
(and then I send a nuke squad to blow the station with the disk that was discarded in some random maint tunnel and blueball the guy but that is a different story)
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #50795

that makes sense, well, I needed the admin view of the problem, otherwise I couldn't make a point in the other two threads
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #50796

How about a way for the admins to force call the evacuation shuttle, and that it cannot be recalled?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #50798

Can already do that, and set the timer to whatever.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #50799

Then you have your answer. If someone is going out of their way to mass murderbone and not call the shuttle, then have the admins force call the shuttle at a reasonable time frame.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #50839

Personally I prefer to cover the room where the comms consoles are in spiders.

If they want to recall, they're gonna have to work for it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #50904

Admins pressing fun buttons repeatedly to deal with troublemakers is a problem.

As has been stated, it encourages the behavior, not just because they may like murderboners, but because it makes the entire round about that player's bad behavior and can get out of hand quickly if it happens too often. If admins need to spawn in spiders or response teams or lava or whatever repeatedly round after round it means there is a problem.

As for repeated shuttle pingpong, that really is a gameplay issue that probably needs a coded fix. It happens a lot for reasons completely unrelated to murderboners.
Aleph

Post by Aleph » #51035

Why can't you respond with the BSA, I mean there's an IC reason, you just blew off to centcom that you're working for the Syndicate so they now know without a doubt that you're the enemy. And people have been BSAed for much less
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #51942

Less admin buttons, more warnings and yelling.

Don't fuck up their greentext if you can warn them to cut the shit instead.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #51946

I like to think admins should take on more of a role of a game master than anything else.

If the round is getting stagnate they should do/spawn something to advance the round, I've been seeing a lot of recent rounds where its resulted in hour/two hour long round where all the antags die/do their thing and hide and we leave when we get bored, only punctuated by the occasional Nuke Ops round.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #51986

Saegrimr wrote:Personally I prefer to cover the room where the comms consoles are in spiders.

If they want to recall, they're gonna have to work for it.
This is probably the best solution to assholes murderboning 4nr
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.