IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderators: In-Game Game Master, In-Game Head Admins

Forum rules
Read these board rules before posting or you'll get reprimanded.
Threads without replies for 30 days will be automatically locked.
User avatar
Nabski
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Nabski » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:22 pm #500054

Do we stop at netspeak?

We could stop slurs like "LIGGER" and "CATBEAST" from impuning our sacred server too.



Snuffleupagus
 

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Snuffleupagus » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:51 pm #500059

Nabski wrote:Do we stop at netspeak?

We could stop slurs like "LIGGER" and "CATBEAST" from impuning our sacred server too.


As someone who regularly plays a ligger don’t you dare remove the ability for someone to call me such, and as for someone who puts on cat ears and a cat tail don’t take away the ability to call them a catfag

User avatar
Thundercoot
 
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:47 pm
Byond Username: Erwgd

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Thundercoot » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:58 pm #500061

"roundstart" is always OOC.

User avatar
Nabski
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Nabski » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:25 pm #500064

Better question. Does this block PDA messages?

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Farquaar » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:37 pm #500065

Arathian wrote:In general, make sure the filter only filters things by themselves. There are valid words that contain "lol" in them for example.

Also, certain words should translate to something. For example, typing "lol" or "lmao", instead of simply not appearing, could be altered to "Haha". Brb could become "be right right back", "wtf" to "what the fuck" etc

Even emojis could become a /me thing. Messages with ":(" could have a "<Name> frowns" right after the message or ":)" could have "<Name> smiles"

It will be, in general, far less frustrating to players when their messages aren't eaten by the void and are instead translated into valid in game messages. It also helps people not having to type the whole "as far as I know".

If chinese cartoon porn forums can do word translation, I am sure ss13 can.

This is good. More people should be discussing this as an option.

User avatar
imsxz
 
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:27 pm
Byond Username: Imsxz

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby imsxz » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:59 pm #500067

i didnt say it should be filtered i said it was cringe as heck.

remove "kek"
Image

please subscribe to me on youtube

terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:



Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz


Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.


Image

PostThis post was deleted by Whoneedspacee on Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:14 pm.
Reason: im retarded

User avatar
teepeepee
 
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 am
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby teepeepee » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:18 pm #500071

Ayy Lemoh wrote:Time for the serious post:
There's a No ERP poster. There's also a valid salad item.

Can we stop trying to make stuff already in the game a filthy icky word that must be filtered out? This should be for blatant shit, not stuff that could make any logical amount of sense. This filter is going to fucking suck from what I fear.

looks like you missed the recent OOC in IC ban, ewwy icky bad bad words can and will get you banned
this filter is just automating banbots' jobs

Snuffleupagus
 

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Snuffleupagus » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:32 pm #500072

Farquaar wrote:
Arathian wrote:In general, make sure the filter only filters things by themselves. There are valid words that contain "lol" in them for example.

Also, certain words should translate to something. For example, typing "lol" or "lmao", instead of simply not appearing, could be altered to "Haha". Brb could become "be right right back", "wtf" to "what the fuck" etc

Even emojis could become a /me thing. Messages with ":(" could have a "<Name> frowns" right after the message or ":)" could have "<Name> smiles"

It will be, in general, far less frustrating to players when their messages aren't eaten by the void and are instead translated into valid in game messages. It also helps people not having to type the whole "as far as I know".

If chinese cartoon porn forums can do word translation, I am sure ss13 can.

This is good. More people should be discussing this as an option.


This. This is honestly how it should go down instead of giving admins another reason to ban people. I think it’s reasonable to say that newspeak is not the normal in real life. People don’t walk around saying LOL they generally laugh out loud. The issue is that the game is text based and you’re writing what your character is saying. So what IS the normal is netspeak when writing. So it’s reasonable to expect people to accidentally type that way in the game while writing.

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby CPTANT » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:24 pm #500095

Why do people want "wtf" filtered so badly, people say what the fuck all the time.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

User avatar
Malkraz
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Malkraz » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:25 pm #500096

because you don't say "wtf" out loud you dunce
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you

User avatar
Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Space outside the Brig
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:28 pm #500097

"whutfh"
"whutuff"
Image
Image

User avatar
Arathian
 
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:02 pm
Byond Username: Arathian

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Arathian » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:40 pm #500099

Malkraz wrote:because you don't say "wtf" out loud you dunce


I also don't have to type 3 words to say "what the fuck" though.

Typing is a lot slower than speaking and, for surprised reactions like "what the fuck", this constitutes a problem.

Which could be solved by just automatically translating "wtf" to "what the fuck".
Iron, blood and spider armies

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:05 am #500106

Change it to What the Frick?
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Nalzul
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:26 pm
Byond Username: Blargety

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Nalzul » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:07 am #500107

CPTANT wrote:Why do people want "wtf" filtered so badly, people say what the fuck all the time.

Nervere wrote:What I am not looking for:
• Arguments like, "I say it in real life!" - No one cares that you're socially inept.

User avatar
elyina
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:30 pm
Location: burning in hell for my sins
Byond Username: Elyina

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby elyina » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:24 am #500127

Going "duhh immersion bad u poopy dumb if like immersion" isn't really an argument against it. If you want zero RP that badly there are other servers that will accommodate you. It doesn't matter if you think it's stupid or not, this is a low RP server, not No RP.
Image

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Nilons » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:28 am #500128

elyina wrote:Going "duhh immersion bad u poopy dumb if like immersion" isn't really an argument against it..

this is a textbook strawman
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

HommandoSA
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:34 pm
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby HommandoSA » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:12 am #500139

Nabski wrote:Better question. Does this block PDA messages?


Came here to ask this along with if the filter blocks silicon binary. I imagine both as text speak, so getting an "owo" message via PDA as IC.

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:16 am #500143

HommandoSA wrote:
Nabski wrote:Better question. Does this block PDA messages?


Came here to ask this along with if the filter blocks silicon binary. I imagine both as text speak, so getting an "owo" message via PDA as IC.

Hopefully it does not block PDAs since we actually do allow netspeak on those
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
elyina
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:30 pm
Location: burning in hell for my sins
Byond Username: Elyina

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby elyina » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:09 am #500149

Nilons wrote:
elyina wrote:Going "duhh immersion bad u poopy dumb if like immersion" isn't really an argument against it..

this is a textbook strawman

Yeah? What are you gonna do about it?
Image

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby CPTANT » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:15 am #500156

Nalzul wrote:
CPTANT wrote:Why do people want "wtf" filtered so badly, people say what the fuck all the time.

Nervere wrote:What I am not looking for:
• Arguments like, "I say it in real life!" - No one cares that you're socially inept.


Yes because proclaiming "WHAT THE FUCK" is totally a form of being socially inept when you are seeing your fellow man devoured by aliens, extra-dimensional demons or a black hole.

"Excuse me, I would like to proclaim my profound surprise at the events that just transpired that let to the demise of my colleague".

:roll:
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

User avatar
Malkraz
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Malkraz » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:47 am #500158

no but exclaiming "WHTUHFFF" is.
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you

User avatar
Denton
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:53 pm
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Denton » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:54 am #500159

Do you say "double u tee eff" out loud?
Image

PostThis post was deleted by Fikou on Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:57 am.
Reason: i didnt see that nervore already didnt niclude round

User avatar
elyina
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:30 pm
Location: burning in hell for my sins
Byond Username: Elyina

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby elyina » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:56 am #500173

If anyone really needed incontrovertible evidence that half the people that are on this forum only post because it gives them some sort of mental high to be contrarian, this thread is probably it
Image

User avatar
Arathian
 
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:02 pm
Byond Username: Arathian

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Arathian » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:41 pm #500190

elyina wrote:If anyone really needed incontrovertible evidence that half the people that are on this forum only post because it gives them some sort of mental high to be contrarian, this thread is probably it


I am not being "contrarian". I just think word filters are a band aid when word replacers would solve both problems.

To be honest, you seem needlessly hostile in this thread.
Iron, blood and spider armies

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Cobby » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:48 pm #500196

Nervere wrote:Thoughts on adding "Reddit" to the filter?


didn't know you were trying to be a mime main
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

Snuffleupagus
 

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Snuffleupagus » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:14 pm #500209

Arathian wrote:
elyina wrote:If anyone really needed incontrovertible evidence that half the people that are on this forum only post because it gives them some sort of mental high to be contrarian, this thread is probably it


I am not being "contrarian". I just think word filters are a band aid when word replacers would solve both problems.

To be honest, you seem needlessly hostile in this thread.


Of course. You made a solid solution that strips away their power and removes their ability to BAN HE FOR NETSPRACHEN.

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby bandit » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:17 pm #500211

Ayy Lemoh wrote:Time for the serious post:
There's a No ERP poster. There's also a valid salad item.

Can we stop trying to make stuff already in the game a filthy icky word that must be filtered out? This should be for blatant shit, not stuff that could make any logical amount of sense. This filter is going to fucking suck from what I fear.


as the person who made the No ERP poster, if you examine it, it states that it is an acronym that stands for Eroticism, Rape, and Pornography
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
JJRcop
 
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:52 am
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby JJRcop » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:09 pm #500229

Hey y'all the filter only matches whole words, keep that in mind.
I lurk quite often...

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby CPTANT » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:08 pm #500240

Denton wrote:Do you say "double u tee eff" out loud?


Do you have the mental capacity to translate a written abbreviation into it's full meaning?
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

User avatar
Malkraz
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Malkraz » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:04 pm #500263

Just type the term out fully you apex retard that's the whole point of this shit
I thought your refusal to spell out "what the fuck" instead of "wtf" might be due to you living some arthritic nightmare but you've written so much horse shit here already that can't be it
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you

User avatar
Arathian
 
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:02 pm
Byond Username: Arathian

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Arathian » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:13 pm #500265

Malkraz wrote:Just type the term out fully you apex retard that's the whole point of this shit
I thought your refusal to spell out "what the fuck" instead of "wtf" might be due to you living some arthritic nightmare but you've written so much horse shit here already that can't be it


Or

It's not that I am incapable of typing sentences or uneducated or an "apex retard" who is "living some arthritic nightmare" but instead, get this, I think abbreviations are useful in a game where seconds count.
Iron, blood and spider armies

User avatar
BeeSting12
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby BeeSting12 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:24 pm #500267

Words should not be in the filter, even if they’re OOC in IC. Admin can be plausibly used, (telecomms admin), as well as valid, round, etc. The only filtered items should be text talk such as idk, idc, wtf, etc
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day


[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))

hows my driving?

User avatar
Malkraz
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Malkraz » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:57 pm #500272

Arathian you may not be aware there's people in the thread who aren't you, you don't need to respond to every post like its personally against you
Nobody disagreed with the idea of automatically replacing acronyms with the full terms anyway
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you

ATHATH
 
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:41 am
Byond Username: ATHATH

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby ATHATH » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:30 pm #500280

Dr_bee wrote:Limit it to just netspeak please. Netspeak doesnt have a place but certain game terms like admins, its revs, and the like, will be disruptive as hell. Also limiting non-netspeak terms would make teaching new people about game mechanics hell, as often you have to use pseudo OOC language to help.

This.

How am I supposed to tell a new player to ahelp something that they saw that was ahelp-worthy if I can't say "admin", "ahelp", or "adminhelp"?

BeeSting12 wrote:Words should not be in the filter, even if they’re OOC in IC. Admin can be plausibly used, (telecomms admin), as well as valid, round, etc. The only filtered items should be text talk such as idk, idc, wtf, etc

Also this; we should probably make the filter expand these words into their full forms/make saying them force you to emote something instead of just blocking them entriely, but the OP said not to discuss the mechanics of how we're censoring chat here, so I'm gonna stop talking about this now.

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Dax Dupont » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:19 pm #500285

word replace 'furries' and 'catfags' with alex jones rants k thx

User avatar
Arathian
 
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:02 pm
Byond Username: Arathian

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Arathian » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:05 am #500301

Malkraz wrote:Arathian you may not be aware there's people in the thread who aren't you, you don't need to respond to every post like its personally against you
Nobody disagreed with the idea of automatically replacing acronyms with the full terms anyway


I just assumed since I specifically brought up those terms an example. I apologise.
Iron, blood and spider armies

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Grazyn » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:04 pm #500387

Before you add every single ooc word to the list, keep in mind we don't have LOOC and there should still be a way to communicate ooc concepts to another player (it's usually done with double parenthesis)

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Cobby » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:53 pm #500421

If this was a game you would press this button with your hypothetical mouse.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
imsxz
 
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:27 pm
Byond Username: Imsxz

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby imsxz » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:48 pm #500592

Arathian wrote:
Malkraz wrote:because you don't say "wtf" out loud you dunce


I also don't have to type 3 words to say "what the fuck" though.

Typing is a lot slower than speaking and, for surprised reactions like "what the fuck", this constitutes a problem.

Which could be solved by just automatically translating "wtf" to "what the fuck".


this is a good idea but you’re suggesting code in a policy thread. that’s why people are calling you mean words. There’s already code for replacing stuff exactly like this you can copy paste it to fit your needs
Image

please subscribe to me on youtube

terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:



Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz


Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.


Image

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby CPTANT » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:18 pm #500619

imsxz wrote:
Arathian wrote:
Malkraz wrote:because you don't say "wtf" out loud you dunce


I also don't have to type 3 words to say "what the fuck" though.

Typing is a lot slower than speaking and, for surprised reactions like "what the fuck", this constitutes a problem.

Which could be solved by just automatically translating "wtf" to "what the fuck".


this is a good idea but you’re suggesting code in a policy thread. that’s why people are calling you mean words. There’s already code for replacing stuff exactly like this you can copy paste it to fit your needs


Yes and without that code suggestion its just a dumb idea.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

User avatar
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:26 pm
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby MisterPerson » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:19 pm #500658

One thing I feel like pointing out is that any additions to the filter need not be permanent. You can put "round" on there for like 2 weeks and then remove it to see if people going "It's a rev round!" get the hint.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter

User avatar
Arathian
 
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:02 pm
Byond Username: Arathian

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Arathian » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:51 pm #500692

imsxz wrote:
Arathian wrote:
Malkraz wrote:because you don't say "wtf" out loud you dunce


I also don't have to type 3 words to say "what the fuck" though.

Typing is a lot slower than speaking and, for surprised reactions like "what the fuck", this constitutes a problem.

Which could be solved by just automatically translating "wtf" to "what the fuck".


this is a good idea but you’re suggesting code in a policy thread. that’s why people are calling you mean words. There’s already code for replacing stuff exactly like this you can copy paste it to fit your needs


If we limit the discussion purely to the OP question then my answer is "None, because it's a bad idea overall" - but that isn't very productive in my opinion.
Iron, blood and spider armies

User avatar
Nervere
 
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:38 am
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Nervere » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:14 am #500753

This is the list of common netspeak that will be filtered out.
I tested it out on the servers and apparently the filter system itself is broken. Once it's fixed, this will be in effect.
Spoiler:
Code: Select all
lol
lmao
lmfao
wtf
wth
ppl
omg
idk
tfw
mfw
iirc
afaik
afk
btw
tbh
thx
omw
brb
nvm
stfu
ngl
smh
irl
ahelp
adminhelp
roundstart
reddit
owo
ovo
uwu
vwv
ovo
^w^
>w<
:3
:-3
=3
>:3
>:-3
>=3
:)
:-)
=)
>:)
>:-)
>=)
:(
:-(
=(
>:(
>:-(
>=(
:d
>:d
>:-d
xd

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Farquaar » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:35 am #500757

Nervere wrote:This is the list of common netspeak that will be filtered out.
I tested it out on the servers and apparently the filter system itself is broken. Once it's fixed, this will be in effect.
Spoiler:
Code: Select all
lol
lmao
lmfao
wtf
wth
ppl
omg
idk
tfw
mfw
iirc
afaik
afk
btw
tbh
thx
omw
brb
nvm
stfu
ngl
smh
irl
ahelp
adminhelp
roundstart
reddit
owo
ovo
uwu
vwv
ovo
^w^
>w<
:3
:-3
=3
>:3
>:-3
>=3
:)
:-)
=)
>:)
>:-)
>=)
:(
:-(
=(
>:(
>:-(
>=(
:d
>:d
>:-d
xd

All of these are good except ahelp/adminhelp. One may need to talk about ahelps when teaching a new player about what to do if they're griefed.

HommandoSA
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:34 pm
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby HommandoSA » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:56 am #500760

Nervere wrote:This is the list of common netspeak that will be filtered out.
I tested it out on the servers and apparently the filter system itself is broken. Once it's fixed, this will be in effect.
Code: Select all
reddit


Not sure about this one. Does this affect PDA messages too?

User avatar
Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:13 pm
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Stickymayhem » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:05 am #500761

elyina wrote:Going "duhh immersion bad u poopy dumb if like immersion" isn't really an argument against it. If you want zero RP that badly there are other servers that will accommodate you. It doesn't matter if you think it's stupid or not, this is a low RP server, not No RP.


We're medium rp
Image

Image

Naloac wrote:reminder to suck jannie cock daily to avoid being banned. dare to speak out about a jannies being shit and you will be banned!!

User avatar
Malkraz
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Malkraz » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:41 am #500763

reddit isn't netspeak
rest are good, sensible to ban "roundstart" but not "round" since it has other uses
Farquaar wrote:All of these are good except ahelp/adminhelp. One may need to talk about ahelps when teaching a new player about what to do if they're griefed.

"contact the gods"
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Postby Grazyn » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:45 am #500764

There are a lot of silly emoticons but not ;) and variations thereof

PreviousNext

Return to Policy Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users