Separate the ban reason and ban length lines in ban appeals

ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Separate the ban reason and ban length lines in ban appeals

Post by ATHATH » #502173

Far too often, I see ban appeals where people just post the reason why they were banned, not the length of their ban or what they were banned from. I think that putting the ban reason and ban length (and what you're banned from?) on separate lines could help alleviate this problem, since I think that currently, people just see "ban reason", paste in their ban reason, and then forget to put in the ban length before moving on to the next line.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Re: Separate the ban reason and ban length lines in ban appeals

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #502182

Is that because you, the unrelated party is interested in the ban length? Both admin and the player knows the length and if it's a issue in the appeal itself the player will no doubt mention it. Usually they are appealing the ban itself but if the player is instead asking for leniency they'll often mention the length and how much they think they should have for what they actually did. Length isn't always uniform on bans and is easily effected by the circumstances of the situation along with the history of the player. If it's a relevant factor the player will mention it when discussing the ban.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #502238

I think this is a good idea for legibility sake.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #502247

The entire ban appeal format/template is a hot mess and needs to be overhauled.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #502251

Atlanta-Ned wrote:The entire ban appeal format/template is a hot mess and needs to be overhauled.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=23046

:oops:

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.