Incentivizing perma over execution for non-harmful traitors

Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Incentivizing perma over execution for non-harmful traitors

Post by Anuv » #503337

Bottom post of the previous page:

Is there anything that could be done to do so? I was thinking about something like the contract kit for sec - successfully perma a traitor and get something in return (cash, guns, materials, etc).

I just think perma use makes for much more interesting rounds than shotgunning some random loser with an emag and leaving him to rot.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Incentivizing perma over execution for non-harmful traitors

Post by Shadowflame909 » #506592

We already have an admin only Men in Black Memory Eraser device. That's a variant of a flash.

Just have it remove all notes and alliegances (Including mindshields) and have it be only one in stock.

Remove an antag and keep them in the round.
► Show Spoiler
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #506607

Maybe this could be tied into the security buffs that are being proposed, where as they devolve into aimless murder machines they become no better than your average crew member.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #506612

Shadowflame909 wrote:We already have an admin only Men in Black Memory Eraser device. That's a variant of a flash.

Just have it remove all notes and alliegances (Including mindshields) and have it be only one in stock.

Remove an antag and keep them in the round.
What makes you think that Sec won't flash EVERYONE who's brought into Sec with that memory eraser device, even if they have no contraband on them and/or were mistakenly brought in?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #506617

Because flashes have limited uses.

So if you don't know that they're an antag. You're literally going to waste your one and only de-antagonizer.
► Show Spoiler
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #506680

Shadowflame909 wrote:Because flashes have limited uses.

So if you don't know that they're an antag. You're literally going to waste your one and only de-antagonizer.
it's a cool idea until you realize it will either A) only be used on absolutely confirmed antags who get caught with traitor gear or whatever, or B) be immediately wasted on the first arrest by the new guy who doesn't know the meta, after which he will get killed for being bad
there's no drama or detective work there, just a tool to use only when you can guarantee that it would be optimal
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Skillywatt
Byond Username: Tiguar

Post by Skillywatt » #506718

It would just be used empirically every round against lexia black. That would be the meta.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #506725

So rather than be an item that can be wasted(especially bad considering antag numbers fluctuate with # of people at roundstart) it'd be better off tying it to a system/location that's criminally underused.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
John_Gobbel
Byond Username: CAPTTLasky

Post by John_Gobbel » #506758

If you were going to give perma that ability, you'd also have to give perma a limited number of effective uses. Otherwise, sec will take every criminal they arrest and throw them in perma for 10-15-whateverthetimetodeconvertis just in case.
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #506767

John_Gobbel wrote:If you were going to give perma that ability, you'd also have to give perma a limited number of effective uses. Otherwise, sec will take every criminal they arrest and throw them in perma for 10-15-whateverthetimetodeconvertis just in case.
It'd have to be enforced with policy as well, but that policy already exists. You can't do a capital offense level punishment(borg/perma/death) for minor crimes under current policy, so merely continue to enforce that policy.

Making it an item or system with limited uses will either make people reluctant to use it at all, or cause shitters to waste it all and ruin it for everyone else(admittedly also a policy enforcement)

Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #506812

deedubya wrote:So rather than be an item that can be wasted(especially bad considering antag numbers fluctuate with # of people at roundstart) it'd be better off tying it to a system/location that's criminally underused.
no, because then you're back to the first issue of it being abused on every single person that so much as glances as a sec officer just in case
Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #506833

With the new R-window changes perma will actually require outside help or tools to escape from. thank goodness
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #506845

PKPenguin321 wrote:
deedubya wrote:So rather than be an item that can be wasted(especially bad considering antag numbers fluctuate with # of people at roundstart) it'd be better off tying it to a system/location that's criminally underused.
no, because then you're back to the first issue of it being abused on every single person that so much as glances as a sec officer just in case
Since when was shitlers breaking the rules used as an argument against feature implementation? It's literally a simple "hey i got tossed in perma for slipping the qm" ahelp and giving the guy a sec jobban.

Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #506848

deedubya wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Since when was shitlers breaking the rules used as an argument against feature implementation?
in what way would it be against the rules? we already allow 10 minute regular brig sentences for mundane shit so why not throw them in the permabrig for 10 minutes where you know they will be 100% antag-free afterwards?
Spoiler:
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #506879

Perma is great for non-antags, moreso than actual antags.

I'd rather catch and release a non-harmful traitor or load them up with implants or something then actually perma them.

However, that grey fag whose response to a 3 minute brig sentence is to wall off security? Security Nice Guy time is over.

I've actually had some fun rounds breaking non-antags out of perma I was buddying up with, because security tends to only perma non-antags.