NEW POLICY RULE REQUEST

lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

NEW POLICY RULE REQUEST

Post by lmwevil » #505130

:salt:

okay i'm sick of these threads being endless chatter with no endgoal or formal suggestions.

if you have a problem with X rule, that's cool and fine and you can scream about it. but actually propose a real fucking solution.

good example:

SILICON POLICY IS SHIT BECAUSE X

I PROPOSE Y BE PUT IN (y being an actual well written rule or draft rule for example to be discussed)

bad example:
orange man bad, give new unga

--

I feel that policy threads too often are questions, angry, not thought out or requests. i really want them to be proposed solutions to problems and not just the vapid crap most of them devolve into.

what do we think about my salty thread guys?
lmwevil

Re: NEW POLICY RULE REQUEST

Post by lmwevil » #505131

doublepost: i think that this would mean most of them CAN get resolved in some manner instead of ending up mothballed and put in a silent grave like most
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #505158

The description of policy discussion is literally "Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules." It doesn't necessarily have to be a suggestion. If this is even a problem, the solution would be to split into two sub forums. So Policy Discussions (current) and Policy Suggestions (has to be an actual request for a change)
lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #505163

SkeletalElite wrote:The description of policy discussion is literally "Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules." It doesn't necessarily have to be a suggestion. If this is even a problem, the solution would be to split into two sub forums. So Policy Discussions (current) and Policy Suggestions (has to be an actual request for a change)
i'm suggesting a change you doof
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #505165

What Im saying is it doesn't seem necessary

as per this thread https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=11057
Proposing a new policy (rule change)
You have an idea for a new rule/change to an existing rule and want to see it put into action. Users can comment on if they like it or not. Ultimately, the thread ends when some majority of headmins have made a ruling on putting the proposed rule into action or ignoring it.

Good example: Make catpeople valid. The thread is resolved with a unanimous headmin ruling to ignore the proposed rule.
Real life example: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10837 Proposed rule to make zombies act like zombies. Now enforced by treating zombies as a team antagonist.

Bad example: I hate greytiders. There isn't any proposed rule or policy change, just a statement. The thread is locked.
Real life example: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9238 viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10759 Two threads, both about greytiding, both with endless bickering, both accomplishing nothing policy-wise because a rule change was never actually proposed.

There are exceptions to this. Threads like the bad example may be allowed to roam free for a while if the policy issue is believed to be serious enough to warrant discussion. Players and admins alike can brainstorm on a new rule or a change to existing rules to resolve the policy issue. Generally, however, these threads derail and don't end up with any good proposed new rules, so please avoid making them where you can. An example would be this thread, where an admin reaches out to players asking for help with making a big policy clarification. Another would be this thread, where a major policy issue was brought up but with no proposed solution or definite question, with the purpose of allowing players to express if they thought it was really an issue and how it could be handled. Neither thread brought about a definite meaningful solution, so hopefully this makes it clear why these types of threads should be avoided where possible.
There's already a similar rule to what you've proposed in place. It's just enforcement that's the issue.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #505169

Yep, I already put this all in place when I was headmin. Sadly the current headmins aren't as eager to resolve or lock down policy threads as I once was.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #505185

there's been two threads about fixing ban appeal template thread with no action, where is the accountability of this administration

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #505234

PKPenguin321 wrote:Yep, I already put this all in place when I was headmin. Sadly the current headmins aren't as eager to resolve or lock down policy threads as I once was.
this makes me so sad, empower jannies to lock down policy threads then?